iPad Zen Bound 1.1 now available

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Frand, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Downloading now. No notes on the page yet as to what the update adds.

2. smartguy911

smartguy911 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    #2 smartguy911, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    nostalgia tree hopefully.

EDIT: Downloading now

EDIT 2: The only thing I see is different is when it says designed for headphones it shows a picture of headphones, not the greatest update? Maybe if I get all of the flowers I get nostalgia mode?

3. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    Sweet. I'll be d/l shortly.

4. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Clarification, the 1.1 update is a patch to address the issues from release (bad localization, feedback regarding level end etc.), the Tree of Nostalgia is not included in this update.

5. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I don't see anything different either.....and there wasn't any desc in the update. What is updated? :confused:

6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

This 1.1 update is a rapid deployment fix to all the issues and feedback we got on 1.0, it changes the level-end, fixes localization and adds battery and clock indicator to pause screen.

Tree of Nostalgia is still in development and comes with the 1.2 update.

7. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    :( no tree of nostalgia

8. Mohawk

Mohawk Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I see headphones background image added when it says "designed for headphones"

9. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    awesome, hopefully the redownload will not have the extremely frustrating bug that i kept getting.

10. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    - Localization improved and errors corrected for Dutch, German, French and Italian languages.
    - Battery and clock indicator now shown when in-game menu is accessed during a game level.
    - End-of-level change #1: Level no longer automatically returns to the tree scene, it is now possible to rotate the finished object
    - End-of-level change #2: The rope needs to touch the glowing nail slightly longer to end the level. NOTE: if the rope sticks to anything after a part of it is touching the nail, the level will not end!
    - End-of-level change #3: The rope glows white when touching the nail. This indicates the level will end if the rope remains in the same position.

11. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I like the improvement for the end of game. Well done with the quick update! :D

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    downloading it now.. but I don't like the sound of it:

13. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Issues that we have received feedback on, but that have not yet been addressed:

- Rope is able to interpenetrate the objects on some levels
    - "Blotchy paint" on some levels
    - Save-game issues (results occasionally not saved, random behavior on continuing a save game)

The first two are issues that we should be able to fix, but we have not yet been able to reproduce any problems with the save games. All our test devices save and continue every level despite all our attempts to disturb the process.

So if anyone here comes across a situation where the game consistently and repeatedly has random oddness with save games (we haven't heard of anyone yet), please let us know so we can learn more about it.

14. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    when you say "blotchy paint", are you talking about what i told you about (rope "refusing" to paint certain areas, even though it goes across it). if so, you found a solution (you encountered the same thing in test and fixed it)? that'd be great (if my assumptions were right)!!! i often really felt like playing zen bound, but didn't want to deal with finding a shape that didn't have that problem.

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Oh no, Frand! What ever happened to your minimalist approach? Is it really needed to put a headphone picture when the text already says that? I think it's an unnecessary repetition - and visually less beautiful too!

I hope you don't clutter the interface anymore.. It was perfect! (except the flower's not having enough details compared to the rest of the games)

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. It's not something that 1.1 addresses, but something that we're planning to improve for 1.2 update.

17. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I'm really glad about this update! Great job again guys.

18. kiwi91

kiwi91 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    U.S.
    #18 kiwi91, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    Main thing I noticed were the gangsta headphones in the beginning.

I have yet to try out the new game play.

Thanks for keeping it update though! :)

EDIT: Ok, I don't entirely get the end level part?

When I touch the nail, it gives me the option to end the level, but the string is cut off, so I can't keep going....is there a continue button or something?

19. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Localisation is worse than before. While it was ok, now some sentences are totally wrong.

20. jblick

jblick Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Texas
    Update did not solve much for me

I really like this game! However, the only thing I notice about the update with regard to the ending is that you can rotate the object when done. In my opinion, touching the nail accidentally is still very much a reality. As far as I can tell, the game does not end immediately. Now I have .2 seconds longer than in version 1.0 before the rope is cut and the level ends. In short, having the rope go white for 1/5 second does not really help me avoid ending the level prematurely. I really wish an "are you sure you want to end" message came up when I touched the nail. I'll stop complaining. I know everyone can't be 100% happy 100% of the time. I'll stop where I started--I love this game!