Universal Zarista Games’ Cursed Stone expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi Cat - didn't see this thread before, but if you still want another tester I'm game.
    (currently playing through the Celtic trilogy again!!)
    Cheers - Marcus

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #142 Catacomber, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    @Gondel-- glad you like it. :) Also, Gondel I found a typo in Nulzon's Astrolabe in Relmare's. You can buy his Astrolabe from Phredd in Cloud Castle Tower----it's not cheap but he sells it. Relmare is being fixed. Thanks.

@fusermarucs-- yes, if you are ok with a shop in the guild. I need you to pm me your email address so I can send it to Elendil and I need to know what object you'd like to give. also what race you play as. Thanks.

3. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    pm sent - lmk if it doesnt come through! :)

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Got it and replied with a question about what item you want. If you let me know by tonight it will be in next version.

5. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    If it's a piece of armor - maybe a light one?

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @Demenchev--he asked for a bow. : )

Sending Build 104 to Elendil. It shouldn't require a restart. I shifted things around in the Guild including me and built a new wing in outer space, so everything should be fine. It should be a very clean file now.

The changes---

Teleporter destinations changed in the Abyss.
    Anastasia's dialogue tightened and she now gives you a hint that the jeweler that sells silver lockets is in Waternish.
    Viyakula Bijalee no longer says 'you'll only make me stronger' when you hit him as it's annoying. He says it in the first dialogue with him-that should be enough.
    DeMenchev's Microscope dialogue lengthened.
    Zombilon no longer sells miscellaneous items. it overloads the file and causes graphic glitches.
    Vastar in Tobar's Well now sells cheap miscellaneous items.
    Moved script on his door to an empty door in Devil's Hindquarters.
    Drelbs Place added to the Guild--you get there via a sphere-shaped rocket in the Guild. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside is bigger than it looks.
    2nd and 3rd tigers are beefed up.
    Removed annoying messages about disarming a trap from floor traps.
    Marucs added to the Guild as well.

I moved myself to Drelbs' Place—Marucs is on the door I was on now so as not to have a restart.
    Name of snake women in Largra’s temple changed to Largra's Brood to distinguish them from Largra.
    For whatever reason, it's hard to get the dancing ticket from the red wall on the right of the garden in Dead Lords and Ladies so moved it to grass in the far upper right. Just step on it and you should get it. Have to leave the wall on the right red so no one has to startover. Any graphics change requires a restart.
    I put some amethysts on one of the candles in one of the rooms on the right in Booman's home. You can buy pearls from Marucs in the guild now. You need those items in Mage Otho’s.
    Witch of Canna's shop is now a potion shop.
    Some typos fixed.
    Coffin in Kraken Castle doesn't fry you any more.
    Skarface now solves his quest whether or not you show him the Kadapul orchid before gathering Moonbeams.
    Fixed typo in Nulzon's Astrolabe in Relmare's dialogue. You can buy Nulzon's Astrolabe from Phredd in Cloud Castle Tower if you need it.
    Hint added to Old Shaman's dialogue about the Moon Goddess that her favorite color is yellow.
    The Chieftain tells you now that if you accept his quest to kill Tyra, you'll never be able to help the fishermen or lift the curse. (He fails that and the quest to kill him if you accept the quest to kill Tyra.
    If you accept the Chieftain's quest to kill Tyra, you won't have any choice now to let her leave.
    There was some confusion with the kill Tyra quest--she's his daughter-in-law, not his wife so the quest description is changed to Kill Tyra and his and her dialogues changed to straighten that out. Mary is his wife and her quest is fine.

Current quest list is attached.

Attached Files:

7. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Ok, I think I'm almost done with all the quests!

A few questions--
    How do I damage Rory?
    How to I damage the snake at Hy-Basil?
    Where is the blood money gold at? I accidentally skipped the dialogue, maybe have him repeat where it is when you talk to him?

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    You need a sword you can get from a witchy person to kill Rory.
    You need the spell Abyssal Rage from Astrolica in the Astral Plane to kill Largra.
    Blood money gold is on a teleporter in Jaako's area.
    I will repeat his dialogue. Thanks. :)

9. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    I killed Largra, but I'm not sure where her larva is. Is it in Hy-Brasil? Though I walked around, I cannot find.:confused:

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    On a shelf behind a green wall of force in the abyss.

11. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    #151 DeMenchev, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Shuva,
    After you use the switch lever (only once, then forget it), you need to push a button next to the "O. S. was here" sign twice again. Then the activating pressure plate.

12. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    #152 Shuva, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Left of the poster "Nursery?" If what shelf you say about is it, how can I remove the force? Burning Hand, Lunar Bolt, and Abyssal Rage didn't work.

P.S. Oh, I forgot to read your comment,DeMenchev . I'm sorry and I'll try!

13. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    You've solved the puzzle already I see. You need to have DeMenchev's second quest. Look for a teleporter in Little Mounds and explore the dungeons. Bring DeMenchev some special Glass first ;)

14. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    Finally, I solved both your quests and destroying Largra's larva! Thank you, DeMenchev!

By the way... there are some typos about the larva's owner's name. is she Largra or Larga? Sadly, I forgot who said Larga....

15. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    You're right, the correct spelling is "Largra" because that's how it's spelled most of the time. One "Larga" in a quest description is corrected, but there might be a few more left to find.

16. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi all - just quickly loaded up the update and went to look at my - Marucs - shop in the guild (I know, I'm a big kid) and buying the special bow doesn't work: the text automatically loads 'would you sell that bow' and then nothing happens whichever option I choose.
    Not a big problem obviously but I wondered if it was just me? Should I do a fresh install?

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #157 Catacomber, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Let me check it. Don't do a restart yet. It's probably a bug. Thanks.

EDIT: It's a bug--will be fixed in the next update. Thanks.

18. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    #158 Gondel516, Jan 12, 2016
    Ok, I'm back. Just have to finish the main quest and then I'll have completed all of the current quests!

I still can't find blood money..... I checked in The room with the banshee and the cursed coffin.... No luck.
    I'm at a "witchy" place and I solved the pillar puzzle but I can't unlock the door, so any hints?

How do I get into cloud tower it is locked I think.

19. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    #159 DeMenchev, Jan 12, 2016
    The money is in a teleporter. It's a weird place to find something :D

I don't know where you can find the key as I've never found it. You can pick the lock (Strong unlock will unlock it). Cat, where's the Witch's Key hidden?

You can get into the Cloud Castle through a bush. You're supposed to go over the place with a fine-tooth comb as there are 7 Pieces of Coat of Arms scattered around which you need for Cachecat's quest, so it shouldn't be too hard, but maybe it is...
    Cat, chere should be a crack behind the bush. There's a wall line that will disappear but can be reapplied.

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #160 Catacomber, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    I've hidden things in teleporters on various occasions. : ) It's better than a cookie jar and it puzzled a very many of you. Jaako now gives a better hint and repeats his dialogue.

If you have a lockpick, you can break in to the Witch's back window. The last pillar will give you a key in next version. But I provided for the case that it didn't. : )