Universal Zarista Games’ Cursed Stone expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #121 Catacomber, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    I've gone through the guild--

quests I've finished--going through the new build--just started to go through the new build fresh:
    Creel and knife
    Astral Plane
    Materialize a Spirit

I think we should have a post here just for that--so we all know what quests work and what quests might need a tweak---don't know the best way to do that.

Or just post the quests you've finished or failed. Some have to be failed if you make a certain choice.

2. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    Freezing Bug?

When I was teleporting in Astral Plane using pentagram , touching anywhere didn't work some times (but music was still playing ). After I restarted the app of Cursed Stone(with closing the app), I can move again. What was happening?:confused:

3. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    #123 DeMenchev, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Cat, I'm pretty sure you can finish almost any quest now, so everybody can play it normally with a goal to have everything finished and possibly succeed :)
    There are still problems and choices that might make some unsolvable and some quests may be harder than they should be.

SkarFace, the freezing bug is due to a dragon's fireballs there. 近付かない方が良い、差も無いと強烈に打つもしれませんよ。(sorry if it's too weird)
    Astral Pain has a very strong physical attack, so be careful. Monsters mustn't attack you when there are teleporters like those in Astral Plane nearby, and it will be fixed.

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @Shuva--already fixed. :)

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    The only quest I think I have actually finished was collecting the treasure and weapons for the blue fist giant. I didn't encounter any issues. I will post others as I complete them :)

6. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Some bugs I found yesterday

Attributes, coat of arms quest giver, spelling error
    Freeze, abyssal rage ghost, when you ask for more torture
    Elder tree witch crash, the witch that is in the 3 sisters crashes the game
    Merchant relmare buy/sell crash, a merchant in the town north of the starter town crashes when you press buy/sell

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Gondel, what device are you playing on? Can you send your crash reports to

[email protected]

Are you playing the pregenerated character or did you build your own?

You're playing the standalone game right? And not using an old save file? It required a restart.

Thanks!

@Repulsa--thanks!

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @Gondel---I don't need crash reports, thanks. Figured out what caused the shop problems---shops on ios don't like buy/sell "all"--my unchecking that in the editor should fix the problem. Thanks. Already fixed Astrolica in Astral Plane.

9. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    iPad 2, standalone, and when I tried to make a new game it crashed, and after many tries it still crashed

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    New version 18.103 uploaded to TestFlight hopefully will fix that.

Shops no longer sell "all".
    Any reported typos fixed.
    Some dialogues shortened.
    You need the Abyssal Rage spell to kill Largra.
    Old Shaman's puzzle added to the Abyss.
    Messages with hints added to switches in Mage Otho's .
    Small switch puzzle at surface Dark Lady's home removed as it was a problem.
    Nullzon's Astrolabe is no longer sellable.
    You now need one Dewdrop potion and three Cowslips to enter Fairy Anastasia's home.
    Fair Ladies in Mage Otho's beefed up.
    Added wall lines where they were missing in the guild.
    Nullzone now takes the right Astrolabe.
    Gondel's name added to his corridor sign.
    Cofunguy gives you a better hint about his quest.
    Changed two places Hy-Brasil is referred to as fabulous to fabled.

If you still have freezes, I will need you to send crash reports to [email protected]

Thanks.

11. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    How do I find crash reports?

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #132 Catacomber, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @Gondel--Elendil said just send him a save file he can use to reproduce the crash

[email protected]

and let him know your device-- I mentioned it but he's a pretty busy guy right now. The current version doesn't have symbols that are traceable for crash testing- next version will.

Thanks.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Cat: I got build 103 a few hours ago, is that the "current version" you refer to?
    Didn't too much, had some pretty busy days.
    Question: You wrote that the "next build" (I assume that was 102*) requires a restart.
    What happens when I do not start in a new empty saveslot, but overwrite an existing slot? Could any artefacts from the older save survive - e.g. because the file does not get deleted, but only parts overwritten as needed - and so cause a crash? I know several cases like this firsthand, both in games and in other software, so it's something I consider possible.

*Does 103 also require a new start with a new savefile?

@Gondel: Which build are you on when you get the crashes?
    When you sent a savefile to Elendil, could you try the following:
    1) Delete all Savefiles.
    2) Delete Quest.
    3) Reinstall build 103.
    4) Start new game. @Cat: could pregenerated vs. custom character make a difference here?
    5) Can you reproduce any of the crashes now?

And one more for Cat:
    Do you already have an estimate when builds will be stable enough that a new build does not need a re-begin with a newly created character?
    (My work background shows through here, definitely ;) )

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #135 Catacomber, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Current version is 103.

Overwriting an old save file should not cause a save file problem but it could happen. Elendil can probably tell by examining Gondel's save file. I'm playing on an iPad mini 1 and haven't had any crashes in the places Gondel has but I start a new file each time.

If the changes I make are to scripts, a restart shouldn't be necessary. If I change a graphic a restart is necessary. So adding the wall lines where they were missing, moving the Elder tree, taking out the switch in Dark Lady surface area, all that required a restart. So yes 103 requires a restart.

I can't think of any change upcoming that would require a graphic change and I'm going to try to avoid them.

The pregenerated vs custom build bug has been fixed in 102.

I just started a game in 103 using both a pregenerated and a custom character and had no crash. I talked to the spirit in the Astral Plane just like Gondel did and got no crash--I can't reproduce the crashes so have to depend on Elendil to examine his save file.

Thanks. : )

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Drelbs added to testers--putting him in in a way you won't have to start over. :D His Tank armor is already buyable in the game.

17. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Ok, it is working. Something in build 103 must have fixed it, and also I have found no crash bugs or freezes. I have found a few more issues though, with quests.

Nulzone's quest seems to be un-completable for me. I bought an astrolabe before I even received his quest, and now the one I got from the merchant stacks with that one, and nulzone won't let me complete that quest, even though the merchant took my introductory letter.

I can't find the girl's (Megan?) head under the well, I found her bones behind the black wall, but no head. Does she have a hear separate from bones, and if so, where do I bury them?

I also can't find my tiger anywhere :) any hints?

18. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    You have Moira's whole body, I guess, now go to Loch Fuar Cemetery with 2 tombstones (the can be found near the cemetery on the ground).
    Viyakula Bijalee is in Moss Moor.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The astrolabe he wants isn't sold by Relmare. You have to talk to Relmare to get it. Relmare sells an ordinary astrolabe in case people lose the one he gives you. It seems you talked to Relmare but the script to give both didn't fire. It could be the engine got confused. I'll look at it. Thanks.

Would like to know if anyone still has a hard time finding the Moon Goddess. I may need to simplify it. Thanks for your help.

20. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    I found it easy enough, but you may want to add her favorite color is yellow, or something like that in the dialogue.

I just finished my quest! It was awesome! Thanks for putting the effort in to make it!