Universal Zarista Games’ Cursed Stone expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    That's great! I just got my invitation too. It was really easy to open in Testflight.

To those of you not familiar with Testflight, download the free Testflight app from the app store onto your device. When you get the invitation email from Elendil, open it and tap on the icon, choose install and it will open in the Testflight app.

The icon and loading page artwork is a placeholder by the way. Just walk on the shore and look for typos and wait for the next version. The next version will have the complete Astrologers' Guild in and all your quests. : )

Thanks for testing! Sending the new version to Elendil to upload in a few minutes.

2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    This looks real cool love all the quests wish I wasn't testing my game nonstop and had time to try this haha. I guess I'll save my excitement for release.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Happy testing everyone! ;)

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I'll put in an item for you. Good luck with your testing. :)Thank you for your kind words.

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #65 Catacomber, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Happy testing! I sent the new beta with all your quests in and with all the ios testers in to Elendil this morning. He reminded me that iTunes Connect is traditionally shut down this time of year and won't be back up until the end of the month. So you won't get the new beta until probably the first week in January but there are typos to find. There are monsters to test if they're too hard or easy. There are lots of places to visit. Thanks everyone for your help!

I won't have access to my computer between tomorrow morning and Friday night but I have a map of where all the sacred trees are and a cheat list of my own for all the quests. :D

So I can help you if you are stuck based on those. For further help, I'll be back Friday night. Will check my email and here on ipad.

6. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Downloading it now, haven't ha internet on a few days, I'm excited!

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #67 Catacomber, Dec 24, 2015
    Here's a map of the sacred trees. You only need to find the Elder to talk to the Moon Goddess. What the Elder tree needs is in Moss Moor. :D Because the file is so big and there are so many places to explore,it's probably better to test it like this right now.

You can test all the main quests---and then when you get the new file--you can test all your quests which involve new dungeons.

I already know there's a problem with Lady Blue Fist and Red Fist--it's fixed in the new version. I hope. : )

Attached Files:

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So is this a possible bug? There is a strange maze like temple looking building (lots of columns) near where the fairy gives you the amulet and fairy wings when you try to walk inside there is this weird black mass blocking the way that you can't get around. I didn't know if this was meant to be there ( you have to find out how to remove it) or a bug.

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #69 Catacomber, Dec 24, 2015
    That sounds like a bug. But I can't check it until am back at my computer Saturday morning. Thanks, Repulsa. That might be the witch's home and there is I think a puzzle there to remove a column. What device are you playing on and are you playing the standalone game with the pregenerated character? Or did you open in the Quest using your own save? Does anything happen if you tap the columns? Thanks.

10. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I'm playing on my iPad mini 2 I am playing the game standalone but created my own (Rasvim) character. Nothing happens when I tap on surrounding columns. Merry Christmas to everyone :)

11. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Is testing still open?

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Yes, if you are happy to have a shop in the Astrologers' guild and not a quest. If that is ok please pm me your email address for TestFlight. Would be happy to have you. You can still have an item named after you.

@Repulsa--will check it tonight when at my computer- Merry Christmas!

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Ok but now I am not sure of the exact location I was so sure it was the area by the fairy But it's not :( was running around all over the place when I discovered it but when I went there again yesterday I realized I was mistaken. I hope I can find it again. Later today I am going to recall to all the places I marked and hopefully I come across it again. Also, can you PM me where I can find my sword, I have yet to come across it :p

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #74 Catacomber, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Your room, quest and items aren't in this version of the game because I sent the beta to Elendil to,upload before any if you joined. They will be in the next version. But Apple shuts down the place iTunes Connect where we upload betas until December 30th so Elendil can't upload the beta until then.

Everybody's items are given by you in your quest and/or are on shelves in your room.

Repulsa---I can't find that location you mentioned. Maybe someone else will come across it or maybe it was a graphics glitch.

Zombilion added.

15. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    You can go to Freymore on the standalone expansion, probably should tell elendril this but....

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #76 Catacomber, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    I did tell him what to take out but I think,he's been pretty busy. Thanks. I'll let him know. :)

@Gondel--Elendil said he'll take the way to travel back to Freymore out before the release. Thanks.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #77 Nullzone, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Didn't have time to do much yet, what with xmas craze and all ;)

Walked around a bit in the Village, and from a new player perspective two things were pretty nasty and could easily turn them away:
    1) The Well Cave: Pretty much instant death, thanks to the 2nd monster you encounter in there.
    2) First combat encounter: 2 huge Spiders and one Thief-type, also instant death. Worse, this one was while running around outside in the starting village; so you can't just leave and say "I'll come back later" like with the Well.

So, 2 out of 2 early combat encounters pretty much kill you outright. While I know that Quest is more for the hardcore kind of audience, if you want to attract new players those two don't look like a good starting experience to me.

What I also don't get is why the pre-generated character begins with a whole set of "simple but not too shabby" starting equipment, while when you create one from scratch you are basically naked.
    Yes, you get enough Gold to buy all the equipment you need. And maybe I'm just spoiled by all this newfangled stuff ;) But I do think that giving a "from scratch" character good equipment right from the start makes things more accessible.

And small nitpick:
    I found a "Large Creel" in one of the stores. The item image looks like a strongbox, and not like a creel at all. Also, am I supposed to e.g. use it as a container? I couldn't figure out a way to interact with it (e.g. put stuff into it) .

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Merry Christmas! Will lower those monsters.
    For the from scratch character I can leave some basic stuff lying on the ground at spawn.
    I'm limited in adding new graphics. The chest holds a creel. It's to give someone who wants a creel in a quest.

Thanks!

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hhmm, lowering the monsters a bit should help. With the wandering outdoors monsters I think the problem is that I got attacked and overwhelmed in the starting village at all, and it definitely wasn't a tutorial battle ;)
    I wonder if you can make the village a "no monster" zone?
    The problem I have with the Well is the impression that I *should* be able to win those fights easily. It's the starter dungeon, right?

Equipment for from-scratch hero:
    Don't think you need to drop more stuff on the ground. There is enough lying around and in the shops. I just found the discrepancy between "kitted out ok" and "why am I naked?" quite astounding.

re: chest/creel: Ah, thanks. Had pretty much forgotten about those limitations. High time you move to a modern engine, I dare say ;)

20. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    The fisherman can give you a few low level items to put on. You're right, the monsters under the well should be lower level and will remove monsters from around the town.

:)