Universal Zarista Games’ Cursed Stone expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Shuva,
    Fib the Armorer near Tobar's Well sells them and you can find one near the Fairweather Stone in the bay.
    Another one is in the Cloud Castle (Devil's Hindquarters), and you'll need it for another quest there ;)

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #182 Catacomber, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    It could be a bug. I'll check, thanks. Have seen that happen before. It can happen if too many spells are flying at the same time.

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #183 Catacomber, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Sending version 107 to Elendil to upload to Apple for approval with the following fixes---

When you accept the quest from the Chieftain to kill Tyra, he now fails both the Kill the Chieftain and the Remove the Curse quests.
    Vases with Wailing Souls dissappear now after you hit them.
    Added a vase to Honored Visitors' Room and a sign that vase and shelf are safe for storage.
    Astrolica now takes only 2 of your intelligence although she says 5. That's intentional. : )
    Some fog added to Drelbs' Place. Have to be careful with fog on ios--can sometimes cause a crash.
    Drelbs dialogue is slightly more exotic.
    Drelbs now sells his armor for $10000.
    Dungeondiver's throwing weapon now enchants 400.
    Hounds don't drop gold flowers anymore.

You no longer lose the Kadapul Orchid when you collect Moonbeams.
    You get the hint you need a hot spell to remove the wall of force in the Abyss.
    Part of DeMenchev's dialogue changed slightly.
    Added some Red Roses in Kelpie's Rook and outside Blue Fist's Fortress.
    Cursed Arrows now cost 700 gold in the Goblin Market--Cursed Amulet costs 9500 and you now can buy the Wooden Short Bow and get it.
    If you leave the Temple without killing Largra, you should no longer be able to talk to her brood.

Fuathan moved away from a place where you teleport near in Bed of Eels and Eels now cast Burning Hand instead of Fireball. This should fix any crash there but it still might be possible if you and a monster try to move into a square at the same time.
    One of the Fairies on the grass has been moved to the bridge. She now can throw you into the Wulver's Den.
    Nanny Brown fixed.

Thanks for your help. The only change that would require a restart would be Nanny Brown and the changeling quest and possibly moving the fairy but you shouldn't restart just for that. I'll check them. Thanks.

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    This isn't so much a question for this expansion but for the expansion we plan to work on in September this year. Would you like to have a workbench where you can craft some spells? I could do it in this expansion but the file is already large. Thanks. :)

5. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi CAt - sounds like a great idea! I was thinking more or less the same thing while playing Skyrim last night :)
    Sign me up for testing :)

I know I mentioned this before, but it still seems strange to me that the Money Spiders in the burial vault of Loch Fuar are only susceptible to the weapon you find there, whereas the money spiders just outside the vault die in one hit.....doesn't quite make sense: would it be worth re-naming those in the vault 'venom spiders' or something to give a clue? Or is there a clue and I missed it lol!!

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I'll rename them, thanks. You're right.
    Will put you on testers' list for next expansion. Am thinking of a Viking series. :D

7. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    DeMenchev thinks it would be more of a challenge if you couldn't buy some of the high power items for sale from Guild members until you get Nulzon's Membership Certificate. Nulzon's quest isn't that hard so I can make that change as long as there are no objections.

8. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    #188 Shuva, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Hmm, I'm not sure what happened while I was trying update... What should I do?

Though I have tried to update many times, nothing would get better...

Attached Files:

9. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Send that picture to [email protected] and ask him.

I just installed the new version. Do you have enough room on your device?

10. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    That's not to make it more challenging.
    I suggested the recently added testers' NPCs need to see the Membership certificate because I think it would be more exciting to unlock those items after exploring the island at least a little bit, instead of ending up with tons of stuff in the beginning and weeding out all of the weaker items you would never equip as there are better items just a few steps away from them. I don't want the game to be more difficult. Some items near the starting point really outclass most other items you receive as you solve quests, so that's why I ask Cat to hide them better :D
    Do you like being able to take most of the items in the guild fast or do you think it would be nice to receive some of them a bit later?

There doesn't have to be many monsters everywhere you go. How do you like the idea of less monsters? It'll stay this way in Cursed Stone unless maybe if many of you like the idea very much.

There are many different ways to defend against monsters and weapons should take them down pretty fast in this expansion. Improve your weapon and armor skills and everything'll be easy. Mind your magic resistance too. Do magic users cause much trouble to anybody?
    I think it would be fair to be provided with a pack of 20 or more strong resist magic potions in the beginning and a few warnings that you should be careful when you approach Duirnish Mounds and some other places with many magic casters and quaff one of those potions when you're there.
    One more idea: it might be cool to add a 45% magic resistance bonus for many turns (200) to one/some of the potions. Go Slow maybe if you think getting poisoned for that could be fun or Fire Broth. Maybe both. An unprepared Rasvim can be destroyed with one fireball somewhere, which will seem really wierd to new players unless there are warnings that that may happen.

Anyway, have fun with the game.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm getting the same thing - it looks like it downloads, then can't install.

2.8 GB free. iOS 8

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Only tested updating, not a delete/reinstall (will do that in a bit):
    Worked fine, iPad Air1, not jailbroken, iOS 9.1 .

13. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    Mine updated fine - latest version of ios..

14. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    In reply to DeMenchev yes I agree about the membership idea: it would make it more interesting I think.
    As for more /less monsters, the balance seems about right, although there don't seem to be many monsters overall..

15. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    Of course I have enough room on my device. Well, I will send it to him.

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I wrote to him too.

17. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Let him know what version of ios you're running. It could be that ios8 has some problem for some reason now.

I'm using ios 9.2.1 on my ancient ipad mini 1 but it's still hanging in there--sometime this year I'll update to an ipad mini 2 or 3 maybe. : ) But Minnie and I have been through a lot together, not going to ditch her until I have to.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I got it to work by deleting the app first.

19. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    That's great!

This is Elendil's advice--after looking into it, he believes it's a Testflight problem--

"That not everyone is experiencing it strongly points towards TestFlight as the culprit.

The ones having the problem can try reinstalling/retrying it. Also they could try deleting it, then installing it. Presumably iTunes File Sharing works just like with the other expansions, so they can save their save files to their computer, delete the app, reinstall it, then copy back the saves.

If nothing works, hopefully the next version will. :)"

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    This works as expected.