Universal Z Buster (By Istom Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Esteban, Nov 30, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Agreed. There are too many things to spend money on in this game and the rate at which money is earned is terribly low. I'm on day 22 and my total earnings are $2,180! I totally dig the game but I haven't spent any money on it yet because I'm not even sure how patient I can be with the rate of progress. And I'm not buying consumables to speed that up.

2. Esteban

Esteban Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi Billy,

Thanks for the continuous feedback about the game, I really appreciate it.

All of the weapons can become really strong if you spend some ingame cash on the upgrades, the lousy pistol is no exception. It gets pretty devastating at higher levels.

A few advices on how to get more money on a given day:
    - The days get longer as you progress and more time plus more zombies mean more dollars
    - Make all your shots count to build up a decent combo counter
    - Check out Z Park and Z Land once they unlock, because they give more reward, but also be prepared for higher difficulty
    - And last but not least, always go for the head, just like survivors do in the movies ;)

All the best,
    Esteban

3. Esteban

Oct 17, 2009
    Keep busting the Z's and I am sure that you'll get much better rewards. I have recently got a screenshot from a fan who wanted to share his glorious result screen with us. Let it speak for itself.

Have fun,
    Esteban

[​IMG]

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That's day 92. That's way far into it. I'm at day 37 and made $133

Upgrades are all over $1000 and now at $2000

I'm playing the middle level that unlocked.

Billy

5. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I just bought the shotgun and almost immediately started getting 3x the coins I was getting with the rail pistol. It's very easy to hit with the shotgun and you can keep you combo bonus going. The damage is spread out though so it's not very good for bosses but the shotgun is the money maker.

Also I've discovered that on some days the missions don't have to be completed right away (shot 7 PowerUps) and you can drag things out quite awhile allowing you more time to earn money. Be careful though, the longer the day goes the more aggressive the Z's get.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #26 LordShad0wz, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    You will need a single shot weapon more down the road as there are a lot of missions where you need head shots and stuff.

I took your advice and I'm definitely making more money. I was just beating the days as fast as possible. In one day where I had to kill a boss I kept killing and killing and first took the boss down to almost dead then used my laser rifle and hit everything that kept spawning around her. I ended up making almost 1k on that day. I wish we could go back and do specific days over so we could get more cash. I still cannot afford the $10 on top of the $15 I spent.

The best mix so far without a doubt is the laser rifle and the grenade launcher. That grenade launcher really is effective once you upgrade it a bit. The upgrades are all over 1k each but it really takes out huge groups. The effects with the laser rifle are pretty fun. They burn up and disintegrate sometimes. I also have noticed the laser rifles appearance has changed as I've upgraded it.

Thank you for the advice Sobriquet!!!

Esteban what plans do you have for the game? What will the skins be? Why do you limit us on watching the ads for cash? Why can't we just watch one right after the other ?

Billy

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm glad it was helpful. :)

You can get headshots with the shotgun. They have to be pretty close but it's doable.

My highest earnings in one day is just over 700, using the shotgun. I'll have to buy the grenade launcher. I really want that mini gun!

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    That's my next purchase. I was just playing and got that pop up to watch an ad to use a fully upgraded mini gun for one day. Oh hell yea. It doesn't have the cool effects of the laser but wow it just mows them down and it carries a lot of ammo in one load.

So yea that's my next big purchase once I finish off the grenade launcher. I just finished the laser rifle.

I just made it to day 61 and unlocked the last set of levels. I hope they add more backgrounds and zombie types.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm at day 69 and the boss battle are still nothing. The bosses just mope around. They don't attack at all. They walk around. I just blast them and they die.

When is it going to get challenging Esteban?

Billy

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #30 LordShad0wz, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Alright. I got the minigun!! I'm going to upgrade it a bunch before I even try to use it. The starting damage is only 15 per bullet and I can imagine the accuracy will be all over the place hehe.

I'm up to day 73. So I'm going to have to play a lot more to get the cash I need to upgrade it as well as to finish off the grenade launcher. I still haven't finished it.

The boss fight at 70 was a piece of cake. The bosses do not even attack. Esteban this really needs to be addressed. When you get to a boss battle it should be a hard thing. It should be challenging. I get flawless day everytime.

Billy

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah, I bought the mini gun also and you are right to upgrade it first. It really useless until you upgrade it.

Another "strategy" I've been employing to make more money is grinding the boss levels. I play them a few times for as long as I can until I die. I don't even worry about the "boss" since they are basically just targets.

Speaking of the bosses, it also bothered me at first that they don't attack. However, now I think they serve a different purpose which is to kill him before the Z's kill you. Kind of the opposite of the protect the cure challenge. I think the bosses would hit too hard and kill you too fast and do you really want one of them in you face? I think that think that would be very awkward.

Either way, the difficulty for the boss level is really low and not very challenging but I have noticed small increases in difficulty.

So far I've bought the fast hands and remove ads. I really would like the double money, but I agree with that it's a little pricey.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    But see the whole point of a boss fight in any game is to be challenging. Most of the time in a boss fight you end up dying until you get something right or you get really good at the game. In this one it's the opposite. The boss fights aren't that at all. The rounds should be called Money making opportunity fight. The bosses should have some sort of acid attack that they lob at you every so often or something that trigger their attack to make it a real boss fight. Make it intense.

As to the coin doubler we are on the same page. I hope they change things because I'd buy it. I ended up buying the bigger coin pack too on top of the fast hands and no ads. Oh and guess what I just had a mission force me to use the shotgun. So it looks like you need to upgrade every weapon. It took a lot for me to complete the day since I hadn't really worked on the shotgun lol

Billy

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Esteban,

I just hit day 92. This is a serious problem. It's saying I need to have the SMG to complete the day. The problem is I never purchased the SMG. I only have 200 cash as I've been upgrading the weapons I actually have. I can't go back to other days to grind cash to buy it. So now I can't play and progress? I already spent $15 on the game why would I be forced to pay money to get cash to buy a weapon to progress? The game shouldn't force a mission on me that needs a weapon I don't own. Please tell me what I'm missing to get out of this or please tell me you are going to hot fix this ?????

Billy

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    It won't even let you play? That's not good. It should give you the weapon with no upgrades for that day if you don't have it. At least then you could play to make money to buy it. Looks like I need to start buying all the weapons, so I won't be able to upgrade anything for a while:( .

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It asks me to equip it and then brings me to the page to buy it. It won't give it to me. I cannot proceed at all. You can't even watch a video to use it once or anything. I'm not paying more money to proceed.

Billy

16. Esteban

Oct 17, 2009
    Dear Billy,

Just start the level without the weapon and play it 1-2 times to be able to buy the SMG. It should not be a problem.

Regards,
    Esteban

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Actually I think I'll use this to finish off upgrading all of my weapons. So I can just keep failing the mission and not progressing without that weapon.

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #38 LordShad0wz, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Yep that's what you do guys.

Wait til you get to a day where it makes you use a weapon you don't have. You can continuously grind it for cash. In two runs using my best weapons I made 1380 the first run and 1100 the next. I'm going to finish off the grenade launcher, then the mini gun, then the pistol and the shotgun, and then I'll buy an SMG and continue the game.

Thanks Esteban!!! In the next update can you make it so that if we are holding down the firing button the weapon will continue to fire after it reloads? I end up taking damage or even dying sometimes because I'll be waiting for it to fire or keep trying to press the button as its reloading and miss it or I moe the reticle. I'd love for it to start firing if I have held the fire button after reload.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I've almost finished the mini gun. I have 2 more upgrades left. I'm averaging about $1400 per run sometimes a little more.

I really like the minigun!

Billy

20. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Two questions.

Day 36 - "SLOW THE TIME FOR 20 SECONDS!" Is there a way / weapon that speeds this process up?

Weapon upgrades. I'm working on my Laser Rifle / Grenade Launcher. How many upgrades til maxed? Right now my laser rifle's next upgrades are $1000 each.