Youtube app needs to be Updated?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iKoda, Dec 13, 2008.

1. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    #1 iKoda, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    Everytime I use YouTube on my iPod Touch, I get mad that I can't read what the video's name is because sometimes it's too long, plus I can't read the Descriptions since there is no "More" button. Why haven't apple updated the YouTube app?

I want all this to be in the update if there ever is one.

-Annotations.
    -More info in the description.
    -Be able to read the Video's name if it is a bit too long.
    -Be able to log in to your YouTube account.
    -Have a subscription page of recent videos posted of your favourite youtube stars.
    -When a new video is added by someone you subscribed to, you should have a badge on the app when you're on the home screen.
    -When you favourite a video, your "Computer" Youtube account will also favourite that video.

Anyone else think so?

2. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Absolutely. A lot of the time I just want to see more videos from a certain user, or see new videos from my subscriptions. Really this stuff should have been there from the beginning.

3. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Exactly. What's Keeping them?
    How do we contact apple/Youtube to fix this?

4. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Knowing Apple, if more than a 100 people suggest it to them, they will not add it in the new update. Look what happened to MMS and Copy+Paste!

5. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm sure many have already. But there are sites like GetSatisfaction.com to submit and talk about stuff like this (probably best bet), and I think there's also a form on Apple.com that probably goes to an ignored inbox pit. :rolleyes:

6. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Oh yeah, definitely! How about the ability to read comments made on the video? They should add that to the list! I think Apple has gotten much too worked up on making the iPhone/iPod Touch a gaming device (which isn't bad) that they forget to update the ORIGINAL apps! I called Apple Support a while back, and I asked the lady if there was anyway for me to read more of the description in the native YouTube app. She said, "Yes, you should be able to, but I don't have an iPod Touch with me now so I can no longer assist you. Have a good day!" BOOM! And she hung up. Imagine my anger at that moment.. But I had to control it, and keep my cool! (Like Bush kept his cool when that Iraqi man threw two shoes at him) :cool: