Your Opinion of Game Description for Match 3D Flick Puzzle

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PlayScreen, Jun 30, 2009.

?

What description do you like the best

Poll closed Jul 5, 2009.
  1. Number One: The Normal One

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Number Two: The Extreme One

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    First, the game:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Two Descriptions:

Number One:

Number Two:

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I want it all!

The 'tude is fun BUT I still would want to know the basics of the different modes of play. Perhaps an abridged version of part 1 but start off with a little of part 2.

For example, start off with the bold claims the game will consume you and that you can't even make it to the second level of timed survival and then launch into the abridged description of various play modes. You figure those who want the 'tude and to be dared can stop reading after the first two sentences and those that WANT to understand the game can get a more complete description.

3. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    I appreciate the replies and votes. Keep them coming in.

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I agree with LordGek...include an "attention grabber" intro, but potential buyers need the info from #1 so they know exactly what the game it all about.

5. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    So, it seems like we should go with the 'extreme' opening and then switch to a more conventional 'informative' description.

Cool.

6. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Yup, something like -

These FIVE HUNDRED AND TWELVE cubes of the hottest puzzle playing goodness are seriously going to mess with your brain!!!

...and then the info from #1

And maybe end with -

WHY ARE YOU STARING AT THIS PAGE? JUST BUY MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE NOW!

or

WHY ARE YOU STILL STARING? JUST BUY MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS FOR YOURSELF!

7. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Good stuff, thanks.

We've had this game in beta test for a long time. It only makes sense to treat the description with as much care.

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I think it's perfect.

A good and intriguing call then the game itself well explained.

9. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    So, what do you think of this?

Look out! It's MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE!

MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE has FIVE HUNDRED AND TWELVE cubes of the hottest puzzle playing goodness to mess with your brain.

Match 3D Flick Puzzle is more than a awesome matching game, it's EIGHT different games that will satisfy your puzzle playing mania.

Your playfield is a 3D supercube consisting of 512 smaller cubes. Easy-to-use controls allow you to access individual planes and faces of the cube. Flick the cube to turn it. Shake your iPhone or iPod touch to spin it.

In Match 3D matches of three or more of the same patterned cubes can occur in three dimensions as well. Special cubes enhance play with wild-card instant-matches, cube-blasting explosions, and bonus blocks.

Match 3D offers many addictive play options -- from casual to intense.

• Classic: Blocks removed are replaced with new blocks. You progress from level to level by scoring a specific number of matches.
    • Survival: Blocks removed are not replaced. You progress from level by level by removing all possible matches on the board.
    • Un-Timed vs Timed: Create a casual game experience or an incredibly intense one that tests your speed. It's your choice.
    • Locked vs Unlocked blocks: A challenge for the pro puzzle player - locked blocks appear at higher levels and cannot be moved.
    • Special bonuses are earned as you score more matches. These can be used to help you progress to new unlimited levels.
    Match 3D saves multiple games in progress automatically, records your high score and features three different music selections or allows you to play music from your iPod instead of the game's music.

WHY ARE YOU STARING AT THIS PAGE? JUST BUY MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE NOW! AND EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS FOR YOURSELF!

10. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #10 Devilishly Good, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Just to let you know...I am only using red to make my comments stand out from what you've written...please don't take anything I say as criticism, but as honest commentary...I tried to read the description as someone who has never seen your game before, or might be new to the store...lol, they did just come out with a new phone. Also feel free to not use or change anything I say...like I said, I'm just offering you (what I hope is) constructive criticism.

MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE has 512 cubes of the hottest puzzle playing goodness to mess with your brain.

Match 3D Flick Puzzle is more than an awesome matching game, it's EIGHT different games that will satisfy your puzzle playing mania.

You have MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE very prominent in the first 3 sentences...it seems a bit too repetitive.

I would suggest -
    "Look out! It's MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE!

MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE has 512 cubes of puzzle playing goodness to mess with your brain.

This game is more than a simple matching game, it has EIGHT different modes that are sure to satisfy your puzzle playing mania.

I only suggest you saying 8 different modes, versus games, because in your descriptions below they are all variations on making 3 matches that each provide a new wrinkle on how to experience the basic game.

You must manipulate a 3D supercube consisting of 512 smaller cubes. Easy-to-use controls allow you to access the individual planes and faces of the cube. Flick the cube to turn it. Shake your iPhone or iPod Touch to spin it.

(I don't understand how flicking the cube to turn, versus shake to spin are different things? It needs some clarification to me.)

You must make matches of three or more of the same patterned cubes, and these can be along one cube face or in three dimensions. Special cubes enhance play with wild-card instant-matches, cube-blasting explosions, and bonus blocks.

(is there anything more you can add regarding the special cubes? are there powerups...oooo, or are their achievements, like for making a certain number of combos in a row? I'm just asking since it would be nice to put the stuff about powerups, etc. in their own paragraph since that is something that will make the game an exciting experience)

Match 3D Flick Puzzle offers many addictive play options -- from casual to intense.

I would indent these, if possible, just to set them apart.

Classic: Blocks removed are replaced with new blocks. You progress from level to level by scoring a specific number of matches.

Survival: Blocks removed are not replaced. You progress from level by level by removing all possible matches on the board.

The Survival description needs some clarification to me. From your description, it seems that if there were theoretically only 5 matches possible, that once you got those, then you would go to the next level. Is this what you mean to say?

Un-Timed vs Timed: Create a casual game experience or an incredibly intense one that tests your speed under pressure. It's your choice.

Locked vs Unlocked blocks: A challenge for the true pro puzzle player - locked blocks appear at higher levels and cannot be moved.

In Locked mode, can locked cubes be removed by making a match with them? If so, that should be added to the mode description.

Special bonuses are earned as you score more matches. These can be used to help you progress to new unlimited levels.
    (need more details on this...do you earn them with combo matches, reaching a specific number of simple match 3's, or...? And maybe a couple of examples of what they do perhaps.)

Match 3D Flick Puzzle saves multiple games in progress automatically, records your high score and features three different music selections. You may also play music from your iPod instead of the game's music.

(oooo, this sounds intriguing...how does it save multiple instances? If it does it by player name, then multiple people could be using the phone to play...like say a husband/wife, bf/gf...could each have their own saved games on a shared device...i'm thinking of Peggle)

WHY ARE YOU STILL STARING AT THIS PAGE? JUST BUY MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS FOR YOURSELF!

Questions:
    -When new cubes come in, say for classic mode, do they only fall from one direction, fall from a direction depending on phone orientation, materialize in place?
    -Are there achievements or trophies players can earn and have displayed in an "Achievements" section?
    -Are there local/global leaderboards - these seem to be very important to players so they feel there is a competitive reason to play a game over and over.

11. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Great stuff.

Yes, the game will save multiple instances of play. The CONTINUE makes it possible to try to progress to a new level from where you left off, or even the beginning of a level if you run out of time,

12. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Awesome suggestions...

New version:

Match 3D Description

MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE has 512 cubes of the hottest puzzle playing goodness to mess with your brain.

This game is more than an awesome matching game, its EIGHT different modes that will satisfy your puzzle playing mania.

You control a 3D supercube consisting of 512 smaller cubes. Easy-to-use controls allow you to access the individual planes and faces of the cube. Flick the cube to move it. Pinch to zoom in or out. Shake your iPhone or iPod touch to spin it and lock to a full screen view of a plane with a single tap.

In Match 3D matches of three or more of the same patterned cubes can occur in three dimensions as well. Special cubes enhance play with wild-card instant-matches, cube-blasting explosions, locked blocks and clear blocks.

You can earn bonuses that provide special moves enabling you to advance to expert levels; destroy a block, change a block, highlight all matches, swap blocks, change any block to a random normal block, randomly change the location of every block in the game, even destroy all blocks of a single type.

Match 3D offers many addictive play options -- from casual to intense.

• Classic: Blocks removed are replaced with new blocks. You progress from level to level by scoring a specific number of matches.
    • Survival: Blocks removed are not replaced. You progress from level by level by removing all possible matches on the board.
    • Un-Timed vs Timed: Create a casual game experience or an incredibly intense one that tests your speed. It's your choice.
    • Locked vs Unlocked blocks: A challenge for the true pro puzzle player - locked blocks appear at higher levels and cannot be moved.

Special bonuses are earned as you score more matches. These can be used to help you progress to new unlimited levels.

Match 3D saves multiple games in progress automatically, records your high score and features three different music selections or allows you to play music from your iPod instead of the game's music.

WHY ARE YOU STILL STARING AT THIS PAGE? JUST BUY MATCH 3D FLICK PUZZLE NOW! AND EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS FOR YOURSELF!

13. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Oh,

Just top clarify ... the blocks fall from above, so in some views when you get a match the blocks come from above or the top edge. It's very cool to see. Video is coming.