Your Game Is Getting More Plays Than You Know

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Jan 13, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Many of you may know this but some may not. Your app data only shows what is happening when players are in a WiFi zone. I would guess that 50% or more of the time they are not. All good because it means your games are being played. :)

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Depends how you code your stats. There is no reason you still can't catch that data unless they are never in wifi zones.

3. yungs

yungs New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Thanks. Great info.. or someone may have already pirated the apk and made it available on their site... that's kinda what happened to our game.

4. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Which game is that?

You need to have a plan in place to have your 2nd version ready to go if someone pirates it.

5. yungs

yungs New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Our game's called Cyberrunner Zero, and doing a search in google will list up a bunch of sites that carry the game other than google play page we never signed up for. What I can't figure out is how they found out since we didn't do any promo on the game and it was only released some 2-3 weeks ago.

Doesn't harm us though, as it's free and i guess we're getting some plays thanks to these guys. Officially we only see around 20 installs so far.

As for a 2nd version, a proper launch version is in the works and this is something we can better anticipate for when that gets released. :)

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Once you launch you will find your game on a number of sites. The owners are trying to build their site business and may use some web crawlers to search out new games and post the info on their site so the the surface they will appear to be in the loop.