iPad Your five most recent regretted purchases?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ficbot, Oct 26, 2008.

1. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Anyone bought any duds lately? I am a sucker for the 0.99 puzzle games, and have accumulated a few that I am just not happy with. The most recent ones were:

Topple: In level mode, I can't get past level five. In free play mode, it crashes. So much for that game!

Colony: Sections of the board are too small and I keep hitting the wrong ones by accident. Downloaded the free Squares and like it better.

Imangi Word Squares: I wouldn't say that this is a 'regret' (yet) per se, but the easy mode is too easy, and the medium mode is too hard. Plus, the really long name on the icon looks weird on my very tidy screen :)

Loops of Zen: The price is up again, so it is now 2.99 which is not what I paid. I actually asked for a refund on this game and got it. Sooooo boring because you have to restart at level 1 each time, and there is no zoom on the higher levels. Play the web version instead and you'll have your fill of this game soon enough.

Stone of Destiny: Great concept, but there is only one level of zoom, so it is really hard to see anything without squinting.

Those are the most recent five of the clunkers I've tried. I just get sucked in to the really cheap ones, figuring that if it's great, I will get my money's worth out of that dollar, and if it's terrible, I am not out too much :)

2. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Some of mine are:
    Moto Chaser - I payed the FULL 10bucks for this game and its not even worth a nickel.
    BiiBall - AWFUL game just awful
    Stone of Destiny - Cool idea but it needs lot more work
    Theres 3 there probably more im not thining of

3. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Super Monkey Ball - controls are terrible
    Tetris - got it for $10 and Tris was better for free

4. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

biiball
    Star wars
    Plank
    Billie frontier
    Cro mag rally
    Nitro kart

5. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I really liked nitro kart. But i do agree with you one billie frontier and cro mag.

6. TheSinMuffin

TheSinMuffin Member

Oct 12, 2008
    No one posted this yet but I think Urban Tycoon was a huge waste of my money. It's nothing like SimCity which it was supposed to emulate. I'd rather pay more and get a working game than less and get something half-assed.

7. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    5 regretted purchases

1.spore
    2.cube run II (not as fun as the original I have both though)
    3.Topple
    4.Aqua forest
    5.Heimweh to hell

8. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Plank - gameplay is slooow
    Billy Frontier - so pretty, yet so dull
    Bloom - not a game, but such pretentious drivel
    Bejeweled - also slow
    Reel Deel Slots - what on earth was I thinking?!?

9. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Crash kart
    Flipbook
    Cro-mag
    Billy frontier
    and I guess spore.. It's fun but it's not very replayable
    P.s.
    Anyone else think crash kart isn't so great!?
    It's kinda biting after a while

10. mek

mek Well-Known Member

I am Rich.....j/k
    Spore, not worth 10 bucks
    Band...played it once, not worth the 10 bucks
    SoD....uhm...suckered into it at 99 cents cause i was bored...it made the bordeom worse..
    Cro-mag, bought it on discount....should of resisted
    Koi Pond - i mean come on...

there were more, i deleted them...i dont want to remember

and the on the fence list
    until they are fixed:
    Urban Tycoon
    AutoMangle, Im waiting for the controls to be fixed..its hard to drive around

11. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

1. Urban Tycoon
    2. Spore
    3. Urban Tycoon
    4. Urban Tycoon
    5. SMB

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think it's funny how almost no one has written an angry message to the dev yet about that game. Everyone seems to think it's fixable and is kind of keeping their fingers crossed.
    I agree, though. It could be a really fun game with some adjustments. Right now, the controls are way too difficult, but it could be awesome once they're fixed.

13. mek

mek Well-Known Member

thats why i'm on the fence about it
    i know it is going to be fixed, and have ramps, and upgraded textures and maybe better graphics, more levels, tracks, arenas, and cars as per the developer

but looking at it as is right now...its in beta, and there is still a lot of work to be done....but i also understand getting it out there, the foot in the door, and being the first app of this genre

but i hate beta testing, esp. paying to beta test

so i check everynight in the updates section, hopeing that Urban Tycoon, or AutoMangle, or a few others have been upgraded

where was Urband tycoons last week's upgrade? so far there has only been one?

14. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    The dev told me that the first update should be coming out Monday or Tuesday! This should include control fixes and tracks I think he said.

15. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    1) Zen Pinball: Rollercoaster
    2) Stone of Destiny
    3) BiiBall 3D
    4) Billy Frontier
    5) Everest: Hidden Expedition

And probably many more in the future :p

16. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, let me add Firewall to the list. Fieldrunners is 100 times better.

17. stemilan0

stemilan0 Active Member

Oct 6, 2008
    #17 stemilan0, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
    1st - Spore origins, too short, lots of rumors for nothing.
    2nd - line rider, ugly port on iphone.
    3rd - star smasher, just unplayable.
    4th - virus - a bad copy of expando.
    5th - xhake shake - pointless and frustrating.
    (6th - nanosaur2, really needs an update.)

18. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    iphysics lite: what a bunch of hype. Too hard to accurately control objects on the screen. Little buggy. Charging $2 for a lite app and then blaming Apple for this was lame and BS.

Real Soccer: Technically a good game, but just can't get into the controls. A DPad is just required.

Bugdom 2: What 30 minute levels with no kind of mid-level save ... on a mobile device??? Are you crazy? Oh they fixed it? Cool... crap the controls suck. What's funny about this one is I thought the controls in the original version were ok, then they "fixed" them and many seemed happy about it, when I tried the updated system now I find myself kicking when I mean to jump or vice versa. Pangea gets special points for repeatedly bringing me back and spitting in my face on this one.

Raging Thunder: Technically not a bad game I guess... just boring.

Don't readily have a fifth so I'll put a couple honorable mentions: Mobile Chat (Totally unusable upon release and for a LOOONG time but now working ok, still don't know why I bought it though), and Diamond Twister which was technically a good game but would crash my itunes every time I tried to sync it in the 2.0 days, since the 2.1 update it's all good.

19. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    1. fieldrunners-total waste of 5 bucls... beat it on hard on my 2nd try and thats it games over... only 4 towers with no other strats left to try

2. reign of swords... just like field runners there is such limited strats that I am sick of the game after a week

3. cube runner 2 - no need to even comment

4. Mote-m- just a terribly imbalanced TD

5. crash nitro cart and cro mag- both have major issues and im sure yall know about it

i dont advise anyone to buy these games.. they are total junk

20. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    1) Annotator - It didn't work so I had to get Files instead. Thats fifteen bucks I won't be seeing again.

2) Urban Tycoon - It's not that this is a bad game, it's actually a very very good game. The problem is I got sick of it very quickly. I am looking forward to the 3D version though!

3) Star Wars - The graphics are good and it's sort of fun, I just never feel like playing it.

4) Lemonade - It got boring after few minutes. I guess it's worth the dollar though...

5) Mocha VNC - I'm just too stupid to figure it out.