Your favorite casual game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by AppsImpact, Dec 5, 2010.

1. AppsImpact

AppsImpact Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Please suggest some new casual games for iPhone/iPod Touch.
    I have already beaten these ones:
    Lexitron
    Gemlogic
    iSnake
    Trism

Thank you

2. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Kosmo Spin
    Monster Dash
    Fruit Ninja
    Cut the Rope

The top four.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
  4. Harzazel

Harzazel Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Tilt to Live
    Angry Birds
    Minigore
    Fruit Ninja

5. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I used to love Fruit Ninja and Doodle Jump, but they have been pissing me off lately. My new casual favorites are Cut The Rope, Robot Unicorn Attack: Heavy Metal, Monster Dash, and Tilt To Live. And if Pac-Man: Championship Edition can be considered casual, it also deserves a spot on the list.

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Zombie Highway and Fruit Ninja are the only ones I really play anymore, although Tilt to Live is a ton of fun as well.

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I suppose I don't speak for too many people who own iDevices when I say none. Emphatically, none.

Believe it or not, there is at least one iDevice owner who wants nothing to do with casually gaming. There is certainly a notion floating out there that virtually all iDevice gamers are casual in nature. This is part of the problem and why so few so-called "hardcore" games end up getting developed for the platform.

I suppose I've been tempted to download Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja just to try and see what everyone else sees in this whole casual gaming craze. When push comes to shove, I just can't bring myself to do it.

8. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Uhh, dude, I respect your opinion and all but no one is gonna buy an iTouch or an iPhone and use it as a hardcore gaming console. That's what the XBOX and Playstations are for.

9. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Hi Marcus. :p

There are already a few "hardcore" games available, or coming soon to iOS. Galaxy on Fire 2, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, The Shadow Sun, Real Racing 2, Modern Combat 2, etc. iDevices can play big boys games too.

10. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    At the moment my favorite is ChuChu Rocket

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Sure, but I still wouldn't understand why you would buy an iDevice to play just hardcore games like these when there are proper gaming consoles. And Marucs? Lol :confused:

12. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I like some casual games for the iPhone such as whirly word and shredder chess puzzles. But I must say that my favorite games in the past 6 months have been Undercroft and Demon Hunter which are closer to the hardcore side of the spectrum. And iDos which is hardcore in it's own rite. And now I shall digress and allow this thread to return to it's rightful focus of reccomending casual games. I recommend Mr. Driller.

13. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #13 LBG, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Osmos
    No, Human
    Fruit Ninja
    Dead Runner
    Solipskier
    Zombie Highway

Good luck trying to fit your home console and TV in your pocket.

Again, you're missing the whole reason that people play games on iDevices. They are PORTABLE gaming devices.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #14 backtothis, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    I fit here. I really hate casual games. Yes, I buy every single one that's noted here or that's in the top 100, but that's just because I like collecting apps and my unlimited budget. But yes, I use my iPod for 'hardcore' gaming because sitting in front of a tv to play my ps3 just isn't appealing anymore. You're right TmT, no one would buy it for hardcore gaming at the start, but that doesn't mean one can't eventually use it for all their gaming needs. I know I speak for a very small group of idevice users here, but this is just me. Like I said, spending my time in front of the tv/pc all day just isn't fun. With the idevice, I can crank out some 'hardcore' gaming anytime, and also multitask.

In any case, I guess tilt to live is kinda fun..

15. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
  16. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Well I guess if people are that obsessed with gaming, then sure, enjoy games that are held back with the limitations of the iDevices. :\

17. StoneWolf

StoneWolf Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That's a contradiction. We want the portability because we don't have the time for hours of console gaming. With the idevice, we can play some great games whenever we find a small break in our lives. Playing a round of mc2 online during a break sure feels hardcore to me. Knocking out 3 comps in a race on nfs:s is also pretty cool and feels like any good racing I've played on consoles. You're mistaken when you think LBG means we want a console with us everywhere we go being the reason we want the portability.

19. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Mr Driller = not casual. Arcade game, then ported to various platforms including phones. It may look a bit like a casual game and even play a bit like a casual game, but it's not a casual game.

And there's probably a whole sub-discussion lurking nearby about what constitutes a casual game, but I'm not starting that one.

20. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh, okay, I think I'm just having a different definition for "hardcore". I agree with you that the iDevice is perfect for gaming in short sessions. By "hardcore", I was thinking about an in-depth game you play for a longer period of time. My bad :eek: