Your favorite band(s)?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kamazar, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    i love rock songs
    my fav. band is prob linkin park

2. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    OneRepublic, Daughtry, Savage Garden, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood

3. Sadangelman

Sadangelman Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Pink Floyd, Queen, Peter Frampton, Oasis, Neil Young, Mike Oldfield, Meatloaf, David Crowder Band, Hillsong, Magnify, Matt Redman, Michael W. Smith, Planet Shakers, Third Day

4. looman9635

looman9635 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    lol your all going to laugh at me because i like indie stuff

-we are scientists
    -the fretellis
    -the holloways
    -dananananaykroyd
    -the submarines
    -yeah yeah yeahs
    -the kooks
    -ladyhawke
    -klaxons
    -mgmt
    -company of thieves
    -pendulum
    -franz ferdinand
    -vampire weekend
    -the pigeon detectives
    -the ting tings
    -arctic monkeys
    -the wombats

just a few

5. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Wow i am going to get laughed at so badly.
    - Attack Attack (For Screamo)
    - Britney Spears (If U Seek Amy :D)
    - Timbaland (I like 2 songs out of his Shock Value CD :D)

6. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    quick update if anybody's interested.
    my debut CD is being released 7/10. very high energy stuff. check out the link below for a few tracks. I'll have some sort of web store set up shortly if anybody wants a copy of the album.

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #108 Booch138, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    If you don't mind, i am going to play the Critic Card. I like the music, very f*cking rocking, and that's awesome you are doing a show with DBS.

If I had to complain, it would be the vocals. Few bands can get away with that style (for me), and though you have some background harmonies, they don't put enough emphasis on the punk sound of the music. That's why I like Bad Religion so much (not trying to compare you guys to any other bands) because they have that Lazier sytle of vocals, but with rich Harmonies. It's not in anyways bad, like I said, just playing the Critic card.

Now on the plus side, the music is punk-a-licious. Especially the nifty guitar solo on Thumper, which is my favourite of the 2 songs. I'm loving the chords, drums are decent and speedy, the bassist is awesome, and as bassist of punk-rock myself, I love to hear fellow bassists be heard :)

All in all, I am interested. I would like to get a copy of that CD. Not my favourite type of punk-rock, but I love all kinds of music (look at my post on the previous page....), and you guys do have a sound that I like. keep it up, and pre-grats on your new release bro. Hope you guys come to AZ sometime.

8. bware218

bware218 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    software engineer, teacher, musician
    Bay Area, CA
    Some you might know and some you might not . . .

1.) YPJ and FVC
    2.) The Robert Glasper Experiment
    3.) Fear and Fancy
    4.) Fallout Boy
    5.) The Roots
    6.) Dave Matthews Band
    7.) 6:50 Rock
    8.) 1500 or Nothing
    9.) Brad Mehldau Trio
    10.) Panthelion

check em out :)

9. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks for checking it out man. we're super stoked on the DBS show. we actually recorded the album with their original bass player who produces records full time now.

while we've never really had a straight ahead punk sound, I think you'll like the newer stuff more. I wrote most of this album myself, but my (relatively new) bass player and new guitar player are really into that traditional socal sound you're describing. I am too of course, being my main influence, but I like putting a twist to the formula when I can. I just added the new guitar player this week and I think he'll bring a lot to the band. great singer and player. the new stuff (and old stuff) is going to be that much more dynamic, and melodic. I've actually been getting more into thrash so it'll be interesting to see where we take the sound from here.

impressive list of bands by the way. I really believe that people who listen to all kinds of music play the best punk rock, or any kind of music for that matter. FYI my buddy's roommate plays guitar in All Shall Perish, Panic! are friends of mine from high school, and Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul was in the mosh pit at my last show. haha that dude is awesome

send me a link for your band if you've got one and we can swap shows. we haven't played AZ yet and would love to come out.

10. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
  11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #112 S.I.D. CrAzY, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Billy Talent
    Zebrahead
    Cursive
    Cage the Elephant
    Disturbed
    Chevelle
    Seether
    SR-71
    A Perfect Circle
    Tool
    Thousand Foot Krutch

and I used to like Limp Bizkit a lot on their first CD, but it kinda went down from there for me.

12. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    in no particular order...

led zeppelin
    acdc
    van halen
    queen
    guns n roses (but not their new album)
    rolling stones
    pink floyd
    beatles
    eric clapton
    jimi hendrix
    and many more...

13. In no specific order:

The Delays
    Oasis
    Linkin Park
    The Ting Tings
    Rolling Stones
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    Kings Of Leon
    The Beatles
    Arctic Monkeys

Many many more and own thousands of CDs,vinyl and casettes..Remember those ;) Tho mainly into Soul,R&B with a bit of Jazz,Rap,Hip Hop,dance and Indie thrown in for good measure but no Heavy Metal ;)

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #115 Booch138, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    That's pretty sweet! I didn't know he produced records full-time, but I knew he dabbled with it a lot years ago. Sick to hear he is helping out in the scene.

That's awesome man. With my own music I write all my own sh!t too, but my Singer/Guitarist is more of the creative force behind our band Buktooth Slug (link here) And trust me, it's ok not to have a traditional punk sound. I leave that to the pioneers of the genre. If you check us out, you'll notice we do NOT have a normal punk sound either. We have a hard time even describing ourselves to people. A friend once told us we sounded like "Desert Surfer Metal Punk" which of course made no sense, but he was drunk :) The sh!t on our myspace are pretty early recordings/demos. Were still finishing up with Switchblade Records for our final copy of our Album.

It's usually fun as hell having new people to add to your music. Sometimes it can be really trying though lol. We had to replace our drummer once already since our other one moved to Oregon (then moved back ironically) and I am not even the original bassist, but we were all really good friends and the band wasn't supposed to be serious anyways. When the Bassist and drummer moved though, 2 of us took over the spots and it just kind of became a permanent thing lol. I have been in quite a few bands (nothing major) in my day, and sometimes we had shitty luck and good luck. I wish the best to you and your new band mates, and I hope to hear more awesome shit from you guys.

Thank you, I do take some kind of pride in the vast amount of music I listen to if not the money I have spent on my collections ;). I believe people that listen to a lot of different kinds of music have the potential to make all kinds of interesting music. I don't just make punk-rock, I make death metal, techno, rap, thrash. Anything that comes to my head if I am not doing any projects in particular. On the ipod touch, I have that music creation program "Beatmaker" and that thing is revolutionary. I havn't gotten to make my industrial type stuff yet, but if your into Techno or 'Trip-Hop' check out some songs of mine here. Booch138

I made all those on that beat maker program, with the exception of "Drag Me Away" which I added keyboards on through the M-Audio Sessions program on the PC. But thats it.

That is awesome that your buddy's room mate plays guitar in All Shall Perish. Those dudes can really play the f*cking guitar... ahhaaha. Is Panic! cool to hang out with? I have read some stuff on them and they seem like pretty laid back guys. And yeah Vinnie is a crazy mother f*cker. I met him and Dimebag after a Damage Plan show at the Marque Theater. Needless to say they were both annihilated drunk hahahaahaha pretty cool guys though.

15. threedoors

threedoors New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    suede
    mazzy star
    dengue fever
    my chemical romance
    supertramp

16. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    damn another ancient thread being brought back from the dead ha, lots of this lately
    but anyway

no particular order

say anything
    the Beatles
    bayside
    foxy shazam
    the killers
    the lonely island
    mgmt
    queen
    weatherbox

:):)

17. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    #118 danrel, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Some of my all-time favorites in no particular order...

- Spastic Ink
    - Michael Jackson
    - Blotted Science
    - Cloacal Kiss
    - Lil' Wayne
    - Annuals
    - Sunfold
    - The Ventures
    - Sufjan Stevens
    - MGMT
    - Animal Collective
    - Ay-Kherel(Tuvan throat singing) :)
    - Freshcut
    - Donovan
    - The Stooges and/or Iggy's solo stuff
    - Empire Of The Sun
    - Band Of Horses
    - Behold...The Artopus
    - Genghis Tron
    - Genesis
    - New Radicals
    - Roxy Music and/or Brian Ferry solo stuff
    - Nine Inch Nails
    - Feist
    - American Music Club
    - Return To Forever
    - Tears For Fears
    - ZZ Top

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  19. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    SUBLIME!!!!

Bob Marley, Deathklok, Pepper, Johnny Osbourne, The Beatles, Jimmy Hendrix, Janes Addiction, Jets to brazil, Beethoven, god I could really go on forever. I really can't stand the industrial commercial sound that most new rock has. It's really dumb. I always imagine some christian rock band in a warehouse with chains. Singing in that really annoying voice...you know the one? The semi-raspy creedish, garbage. Ughh.