"Your comment is awaiting moderation"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Adams Immersive, Jun 18, 2009.

1. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I was curious about why a comment I tried to post was needing to "await moderation". Especially as it was a positive comment, informative and didn't contain curse words or URL links.

After reading through this thread I think I know why. I used a forward slash several times to seperate words. Adams Immersive also used this character in the examples he posted earlier in this thread. / / / / /

This character, /, is used to describe a file or server path. Especially in URL paths. This is probably why article comments using it are automatically flagged as awaiting moderation.

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Good theory. All but one of the examples above has a slash. Easy to test, too!

3. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    I'm in the same boat I didn't realize they had to aaproce reviews, I spent two hours on this one and it's been in moderation since this afternoon. Will they tell me if it's rejected? There is nothing in it that should get it rejected, but I would like to know either way.

4. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I’ll go out on a limb and make an educated guess... your post is not rejected :) The automated system may choke on lots of things, but when the humans check, they always let my posts through in my experience. (Although I’m sure if I were posting a phishing scam it would be another matter!)

5. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok thanks it's a very long review, but nothing in it violates any rules so I think I'm good to go.

6. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I tried posting with a / and it worked fine, and I’ve had a few posts with no / that awaited moderation. Great theory, but I guess that’s not the pattern.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Dibs!! it's mine dont use it or I will hunt you down and steal your best joke as collaterial.:cool:

8. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I've had a review in moderation for two days now. Is this normal?

9. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Not normal, but not unheard of. I’ve had that happen.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #30 squarezero, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    It's my second comment is just as many days that has gone into "Awaiting moderation" limbo. Frankly, I'm sick of it -- I try to put some thought into my comments, and it's very frustrating when they just linger unpublished. I guess I'll just stop commenting on individual articles and stick to the forums.

EDIT: Well, the one on Deliverace actually went through...