iPad You Play It, But You Don't Like It

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WellSpentYouth, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #1 WellSpentYouth, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    This is a thread for games you don't think you like (or maby you really do), but you find yourself playing alot. Mine is Linerider IRide. What is yours?

EDIT: I am new, please post a link to TA best games thread/page. Thanks so much!!!

2. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    None. Life is too short. And I've just realised that life is also too short to read and post in threads I don't like either...

3. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Strategery. I just can't help myself.

I have big hopes for the update tho.

4. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Like listing all these games in different categories, eh?

Or try to make others do it. :)

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    one advice dude. try to be active on the existing discussions first before you start useless and senseless threads

6. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    For me it's touchgrind.

7. 78er

78er Member

iMob, due for bloody overloaded server and toons of stupid bugs..

8. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
  9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

crash bandicoot (i only show it to my friends thow.)
    How can a game for 5€ be good if you've finished it after 2 howers (sorry if you can't read everything, my spelling isn't the best:()

10. gblan

gblan Active Member

Oct 28, 2008

Wow kinda harsh there eh? His question is perfectly legitimate. Who gives a flying fart how "active" he is? Good god it's degenerated into the Official World of Warcraft forums already where you get flamed if someone detects you're so much as reading the messages.

Oh my answer would be Loopy Lab btw.

11. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Mine would be bugdom 2. I tried, I tried so hard :)

12. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Cro Mag. I play it sometimes but it's really not that much fun.

13. Der-Kleine

Cro Mag looks abit like Crash Bandicoot (they are both cart games so that's nothing unusal).
    I think wat the iPod racing games need is more racingtracks!
    (most of the other games need more levels)

14. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Motochaser. I know, I know - it really is kind of lousy - but I just haven't got around to deleting it yet. And every once in a while, I feel like a quick motorcycle race.

15. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Mine is Rolando... the final 1/4 of the levels just aren't any fun for me, and I find it frustrating and tedious... I want to just beat the game so I can delete it from my device, and from memory. Everything else I can justify though!

16. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I agree that this is actually an interesting topic. I never really thought about it before. Sometimes I will click on a game that isn't all that great, but for some reason I go to it.

Here's the odd one for me... Duck Derby.

I got it because my youngest daughter loves ducks and I emcee a big Make A Wish Ducky Derby event every year. It's just a little game where the ducks float down a river and you hope that your duck wins. There is no real achievements or anything to it, but for some reason I'll load it up a couple of times a week even if my daughter isn't around.

Why? I don't know... Damn Ducks!

17. Der-Kleine

I think Asphalt 4 is not that good (becaus of the drifting). I sometimes still play it thow (don't lnow why :D)

18. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I personally find his question interesting, as I haven't taken a step back to actually think about it before. So I'd hardly consider it useless or senseless.

I can't list just one game, so below are the games I keep around on my limited 9 pages, but haven't played enough to actually like. Or perhaps I play now and then, don't like it, but still keep them around for some odd reason. I uninstall apps quite frequently, so all the ones below have held on beyond reason in some cases.

1. Aqualution - It's a game I play, but I'm not too sure I like. I want to like it, it is challenging and something different. But it reminds me too much of those toddler games where you fit the plastic shapes into the holes. :p
    2. Blackbeard Assault - Not too sure I like it just yet.
    3. Black Mamba (Lite) - I like the old style, I just haven't mastered the controls, so I don't like this quite yet.
    4. Crossbones
    5. DuckDuckDuck
    6. Flexis
    7. Glow - It's a neat concept, but I really do not think I like it. WHY DO I KEEP PLAYING?
    8. Pakoon3 - I really do not like something about this game, but keep it around because it's a puzzler that is quite difficult at times.
    9. Penguin Lite - I play 1-2 levels and always put it down, never progressing beyond that point. I don't like these kind of games too much, but I keep this around anyway as it appears to have some depth I want to see further.
    10. Pinch n' Pop - I'd have deleted it weeks ago if the girlfriend wasn't in love with this game. I find constant pinching annoying, but other than that this is a good game.
    11. Quadrum:colors - The only traditional looking match-3 game I have that I'm not sure I like all too much.
    12. Space Deadbeef - It's one of the first free games I picked up, reminds me of the R-Type games, but appears to have a lot of tapping involved. I never play it much, but keep it around anyway.
    13. Totem - Played 1-2 levels, I normally like Chillingo games, and this one is well made, just not sure if I like it.

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #19 rIcHrAnDoM, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    Agreed! This is the reason alo tof people are leaving Toucharcade! Superbad, if you aren't interested in a thread, leave it alone!!!!!! We have mods here to take care of dictating needed vs. unneeded content.

OP, mine is prob Linerider, as well.

20. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Exactly-and why new members are afraid to post-now no one wants a spam filled forum-but a forum where every other post is trolling or people saying "FAIL" and other unfunny jokes is just as bad.

K thats my input- and I'll third linerider also. I could see how other big budget games such as BIA or Rolondo could be considered a dissapointment, but not horrible games by any means.