Universal You Are A Knight (by eGames.com LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 10, 2016.

1. WhiskeybarrelStudios

WhiskeybarrelStudios Active Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Hey HopeDog, you're right - Stamina is definitely bugged at this point but will be fixed in the next patch. As it stands, the more powerful your attack, the more stamina it uses, but it isn't offset enough for characters with a high vitality. Next patch will be live next week! Cheers Oliver

2. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Oliver,

I don't know if this has been picked up yet but there seems to be a bug with the medium health potions only giving a small amount of health back.

I'm at the end of the second tournament and get one hitted for 162 health. This leaves me on 3. Now using a potion says it should give 50% health which I assumed to mean would give me 8o back. However using it only brings me up to 8 health making the fight impossible as I die that turn.

It's impossible to progress from here as I can't get experience without entering the tourney. I'm loathe to restart now. Any advice?

3. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    Hey thanks for letting me know about that , Pisiform - that's definitely a bug that slipped through. I will fix it tonight ( going to launch the iOS / Android patches tonight and they will be live before the week's end. You should still be able to keep your current character etc, just wait a few days :)

There's a few interesting new balance things in this patch too, Stamina works a bit differently etc - the game is feeling a lot more polished with the 1.0.4 upcoming patch - apologies for the delay in getting it live!

4. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    v 1.0.4

Hey Touch Arcaders, hope everyone's enjoying the game. Please keep reviewing and sending me your thoughts!

Lots been happening in the way of patches ( Google Android is patched , iOS coming in a few days ) - most notably I've reworked how Stamina functions. The old way was pretty obtuse and resulted in a lot of missed turns while characters rested. Many attacks took a lot of stamina and it didn't really behave how I wanted.

So to address that, stamina now goes down slower, but actually affects the amount of damage your character does in combat. Less than 50% stamina ? Half damage for attacks. Less than 25% is a quarter etc , resulting in a "Feeble Hit" . I think this new approach really makes the game more strategic as you try to flee and conserve energy. Low level characters will be stuck on the edges of hills fighting for their lives, but as you progress, skills like the grapple and better leaping ability will really come into play now.

Here's a brief change list for those interested:

* Stamina now behaves differently. The less you have, the less damage you will do to your enemy
    * Effects of stamina gained and lost now show up in the battle overlay
    * Players and CPU opponents are no longer forced to rest when stamina equals zero
    * FIXED the real problem behind missing buttons in battle
    * Added new 'Magic Cups' minigame to the Tavern
    * Players are now prompted to set their entourage after new followers are found
    * Changed 'New Day' screen to show the town in the background

The link to v 1.0.4 for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.game.whiskeybarrelstudios.YAAK , and the patch should be live on the iOS App Store later this week.

5. Luciom

Luciom Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I bought this game but it freezes on the tournament, i start it at level 4 and nothing happens i only see the map, nothing moves, and i have to close the app.

6. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    This has been remedied , along with many other fixes and improvements, in version 1.1.0 - out now on Google Play ( at the link in my last post ) and soon on the App Store. Keep the faith! :)

7. Luciom

Luciom Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Ok i'll try again

8. Luciom

Luciom Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Ok i downloaded the game again, and the tournaments now work. I like the game but there are some bugs.

Right now i am 100% sure about 3:

1) The abbot doesn't work, the tavern price doesn't get halved

2) The noble deed card + 2 strength actually REMOVES 2 strength (happened 3 times already); won't play anymore until this is fixed, seems absurd

3) The "noble deed cards are reset" thing is pretty bugged. Sometimes they get resetwithout a message appearing, sometimes the message appears but they don't get reset.

Many things about the game are cool but these bugs tilt me, please fix them!

9. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    Patch 1.1.0 is live!

Hello knights!

Big patch just went live for iOS today - sorry it was delayed so long. Here's a full list of the changes. Try it out, tell your friends! All reviews and rating are appreciated. The more you make noise about You Are A Knight , the more I can keep developing it.

Also, I have ten promo codes to give away over in the PROMO forums, so head over there and redeem them when you can!

Cheers, Oliver Joyce

What's New in Version 1.1.0
    * Added support for iPhone 4 and above
    * Stamina now behaves differently. The less you have, the less damage you will do to your enemy
    * Stamina mainly recovers while resting, but needs to be monitored more closely now
    * Effects of stamina gained and lost now show up in the battle overlay
    * Players and CPU opponents are no longer forced to rest when stamina equals zero
    * Added colour icons above certain damage types
    * FIXED the continuing issue regarding disappearing buttons during battle
    * Added new 'Magic Cups' minigame to the Tavern
    * Removed buggy 'Veggie Smash' minigame
    * Players are now prompted to set their entourage after new followers are found
    * Changed 'New Day' screen to show the town in the background
    * Added watermark logo to transition screens
    * Music can now be toggled on and off separate to sound
    * Scroll of Kings works properly in tournaments
    * Quests now properly give positive/negative effects
    * Knights should no longer get stuck in jousts on random occasions
    * Spoilt Princess and Dandy give gold/stars once per day
    * The Crusader now enhances the effects of Adventure Cards as a bonus
    * Smite now hits enemies roughly 80% of the time
    * Fixed bug where settings screen turned invisible
    * Various other minor balancing and misc bugfixes

10. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    One important feature of the new patch is that it prompts you to add new followers to your Entourage once you receive them. That is, the Abbot might have joined your group, but you have to actually DRAG him into your 5 spot entourage for his bonuses to take effect. It wasn't that clear before . Just click on the "Entourage" section of your character sheet.

Noble Deeds reset after each day. Also, the -2 and +2 Strength thing should be fixed now.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #111 Duke12, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Nevermind, I overlooked something

12. Luciom

Luciom Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I am aware of that, and obviously i was dragging the abbot into the group, still it didn't work.

13. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    LITE version now available!

For those knights with a lean purse or nary a gold coin to spend, you can get the LITE version for free

The LITE version is a ad supported and ends after a few tournaments, but it's more than enough to decide whether you like the game or not. Hope you enjoy it, and if you do - remember to leave ratings and reviews! Your support really helps.

iOS - Download here from the App Store!

Android - Download here on Google Play

Cheers, Oliver Joyce

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Is it me or does this game have a few bugs? I was jousting, and somehow I lost 15K gold, gained 30 stars (I won the joust).
    It looks like it got crossed up with the transmute screen and every time that screen flashed, it transmuted.

How do I get back to normal here?

15. Setlist

Setlist Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hi!

Not sure if it's intentional or not; but the lite version isn't in the Canadian iOS store !

16. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    looks like a fun game, may I know if there is any iap in this game? Or is it a full premium game? Thanks!:)

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    No iaps