Universal You Are A Knight (by eGames.com LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bujubonton

bujubonton Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm really liking the morbid unlucky side of myself with this game. I'm sure others reported this bug, but I'm loosing my icons to do anything, mostly during tournaments aka can't complete battles. There's lots to like in this game.

Dice
    Rpg galore
    Humor
    Fun graphics
    Knights and midevil themed story
    Lots to do

This game has eaten into my bass practice time in the last 24 hours. I recommend it to players who like challenging rpg's. If you are impatient/ have no skills I wouldent recommend this for you....

2. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    How is the difficulty of the game, on a scale of 1-10?

3. knokking

knokking Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Why not add a tooltip that appears if you keep an action button pressed for x seconds and disappears after you let go off that button?

Another thing I would love to see is a "back" button on more menus:
    On my first try I was like:
    I need a weapon. Oh I can steal one. Damn I have to roll 5+ to succeed - I don't wanna do this now. Damn there's no going back at this point. Oh no I'm in prison. Time to start a second character..

About four hours and ten characters (I'm kind of a "perfectionist" at gaming and used to roguelikes) later I think I now know most of the buttons which you shouldn't press and starting to enjoy playing for real ^^

This may sound harsh but it's not meant like that! The fact that the gameplay is so much fun that I didn't delete the game even though it was kinda hard to get into outweighs this issues 100% :)

4. WhiskeybarrelStudios

WhiskeybarrelStudios Active Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Haha I'm sorry you've lost -1 MUSICIANSHIP over the last 24 hours at the game's expense! Cheers for the great feedback. I've been working hard to track down that disappearing buttons bug and it should be fixed ( along with some balancing etc ) for the next patch , as soon as Apple approves it.

5. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    These are some excellent suggestions - I will definitely try and implement at least the BACK button for the next patch, and shortly after I'll look at getting some tooltips happening on some buttons. Tooltips are a funny one as they're so prevalent on desktop games but many mobile device users aren't really aware of them as there's no real 'hover' state in buttons on mobile. The press-hold thing could work though. Really appreciate you spending the time to play the game and give it a real bash! A true knight indeed!

6. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Okay. Got the game. Loving it so far. Got killed on day 5 in a duel with Pug the Gaul. A few thoughts.

1. Are duels the way to go until level 4 tourney unlock? I felt kind of dumped off with little direction after being pointed to the armory. Feels like a lot of trial and error

2. What do hunger and tiredness affect? Should I shy away from battles until I'm fully fed and rested?

3. Would love the ability to customize my armor (color, mainly).

There's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll be back. Gotta go suit up again and tilt at some windmills.

7. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    Thank you friend! So, to answer your questions:

1) Yeah I think I need to make it a bit more clear that tournaments start at level 4, maybe a few more 'squire' pop-up tips to keep you duelling until that point.
    2) Hunger and tiredness at the moment are pretty much a binary condition, if your hunger goes to zero, you just keel over and die. If you r fatigue goes to zero, you fall asleep and probably get robbed. I thought about having them affect your fighting , but so far haven't been able to do so in a way that's obvious to the player, so leaving it out for now!
    3) Oooh coloured armour, that'd be cool - something I might look at in a future patch.

Happy windmill tilting - I love that phrase. Cheers Oliver

8. bujubonton

bujubonton Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Working on lvl 16 atm

I'm finding I can't save up gold due to being robbed so much/ repair cost..getting a bit grindy.

I need to know how much stamina each attack costs if you can add that to the attack buttons.

I'm finding that I'm pretty unlucky. Stats are hard to keep, especially if a bad quest muffs you for -3 whichever. And you just dumped 3 into a stat to get the next their unlocked, only to have to grind more due to going left and getting fubar'd.

Get a few more events into adventuring please. How bout monster slaying/ slaying some bar wenches/ something physics based like archery, or some crossbow and caste mini games. The castle is cool and all, but it's wasting a spot in my adventure tabs, and there is no interaction with it.

So far -5 to musicianship...thanks for nothing!

Enjoying this

9. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Currently at around Lvl 40+, my advice is:

1) Don't repair armor. Just purchase new armor (they'll repair the entire set for you). Cheaper that way.

2) After you get lucky during the Quest sequence, just stop questing. You can get +3 stats when you level up only to get -3 or -4 from a random event.

3) Don't go Adventuring either. You can end up with a -1 to a Stat. Just go directly to battles, sleep, rinse and repeat.

10. xfer

xfer Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #50 xfer, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016

1) The robbing portion needs to be controlled. I am at level 10 currently. I was winning fights for 700-1k gold, managed to pick up 3 fights before my knight become really tired (earning close to 3k gold, grinding for a 15k item), and i went to camp to catch a sleep, and lost 3k+ gold. I have been losing so much gold from sleeps. Even paying for taverns doesnt guarantee that you are safe. I suppose this is how the game is meant to be played. Would be helpful if the robbed amounts can be tamed slightly.

2) I bought a Scroll of King. Went to the tournament, died, scroll was activated and used, next screen froze. Restarted the app, logged in, and saw that I have died. Paid 16 stars, scroll was gone as well. Is this a bug?

3) Common bug found is the duel bug where no buttons are there and you have to restart app.

Question:

1) If I die in a fight, and pay 10 stars to revive, how much stars do I pay next? Is is cumulative? Or are there other criterias to it?

2) Is it possible to play the same character on different device? (Iphone and Ipad)

3) I stopped noble quest altogether. I am kind of a perfectionist as well, potentially losing key attributes hurt especially when they are really hard to earn. On average, I tend to lose more attributes than I would gain. So i figured the noble quest isnt quite for people like me. I am just grinding for gold via normal duels (no experience gained), upgrading my armors/weaps then moving on to the tournament for the xp. Am I missing anything in this game?

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm kind of struggling a bit now I'm not getting experience from battles and I can't crack the 1st tourney, has anyone got any tips please?

I've got the second level of all armour and weapons and I can't buy anything else because my level isn't high enough...

12. xfer

xfer Member

Feb 19, 2012
    You should be able to break through the first two rounds. The last round, what I did was go in forceful and have him drop off the battle. Done that twice now on two different characters.

13. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
    Patch 1.0.2 submitted to Apple

Hey all, I've pushed a new patch to Apple which should address a lot of the above feedback and related bugs! Here's a sneak peak at the change-log for the coming 1.0.2 version, and once again apologies for not catching some of these bugs before.

This should be live in 5-6 days depending on Apple's lethargy.

* Fixed leaderboard submission. Scores can now be properly submitted to Game Center leaderboards
    * Fixed graphical glitch on 'Caught Stealing' scene
    * Buttons no longer disappear in tournaments
    * The hero's entourage can now be set and changed at any time of the day
    * Noble deeds have been moved to appear before battles
    *Taverns are now cheaper to rest in
    * Quests now give more rewards and incur less stat penalties
    * Fixed bug where music sometimes stopped after resting in the tavern
    * Armour now flies off your character on some hits
    * Fixed bug where King's tournament intro didn't look fullscreen on some devices
    * Fixed bug where tournaments would freeze after using 'Scroll of Kings'
    * Fixed sky alignment bug when rainbows appear in the sky
    * Added a 'cancel' button when stealing items
    * Reduced amount of gold that can be lost in tavern breakins

14. WhiskeybarrelStudios

Feb 10, 2016
  15. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    1) It's tied to your level.

3) No, right now, that's the optimum way of playing the game w/o exploiting the infinite gold bug.

16. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    You can get XP by competing in the tourney and defeating at least one opponent. You'll die afterwards (paying the requisite Stars or risk getting resurrected), but you'll get XP. You can then grind Stars and money from the duels. Rinse and repeat.

17. xfer

xfer Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Correct me if I am wrong.

The stars required to revive is accumulative, and after tons of death, it may potentially cost 100 stars to revive. So for every bit of xp i get from the tournament, i need to grind enough duels (assuming 2 stars per duel on average, I'll need 50 duels to breakeven star revive). And if I do not grind enough for the stars to revive, I can still choose to roll dice and potentially lose stats. Thus in the long run, unless I grind duels, potentially my knight becomes weaker the longer I play (due to more deaths in the long run).

18. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    Stars required to revive is a fixed amount x level. If you die 10 times at level 5, you're only paying 11 stars per revival.

At level 47 it will cost you 60 Stars.

19. minameismud

minameismud Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    loving this game. finally broke through the first tournament! took a few tries, and i only beat round 3 with judicious use of fireworks to wear down the dude's armor.

so, now that i have a castle... how do i sleep in it? i figured that once i had a castle, i wouldn't have to sleep in the wilderness and risk getting robbed or pay the terribly high cost to the tavern (which i see has been reduced in the coming update). am i wrong? are you not supposed to sleep in your castle?

20. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    Your castle does nothing. It's a cosmetic symbol of your progress.

There's actually not much to do in the game aside from dueling knights.