Universal You Against Me (by Easy 8 Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 29, 2015.

1. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Pretty cool looking game. Not your classic strategic game. I'm really liking and definitelly it worths the money.
    This lately days I started playing more word and strategic games like Capitals, Wordpress, etc and this is a lovely add to my library. :)

2. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Glad you enjoy it!

3. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Great Game! I've really been enjoying this a lot and hope that it starts getting more recognition. Go out and pick it up!

4. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Listen to him... He knows what he is talking about!

5. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Great and elegant little game!

Recommend a " replay last move" option as I often dont know what the AI did, whether it took over the position I already had, etc.

Also, tap/hold the opposing player's deck to see the backs of my OWN cards is counterintuitive, and the instruction appears only once in the tutorial (not in the "how to play" text), so although I remembered I could do this, I was mystified about what it meant (at first I thought I was looking at the other player's cards!)...I had to re-play the tutorial to investigate.

So I recommend the show-card-backs interface be different (probably a button by the cards). Also could mention in the "rules" text that it can help determine what cards are left in each deck…or can I assume a deck has just one of every number (if so, how could there be a star card, as there are only 25 cards per deck…)?

PS: love the music, just too short a track ;)

Hope this is helpful!

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Appreciate the feedback/suggestions very much. Beyond just showing the most recent move, having a fully brows-able move history (like I did in my Chinese Chess app) might be nice, especially for players that have more than one in-progress online game going on at once.

The deck construction is something that isn't explained in the tutorial - I believe Ryan has a full explanation on his support site, but if you took both player hands (5+5) and stock piles (20+20) and spread them all out face up to show the same colors, you'd see each number/wild card appearing at least once and at most 3 times.

Under the hood, the game starts with three decks featuring one of each number (1..25) and a wild card. One complete set of 26 values is used as-is in its entirety. The other two decks (26*2=52 values) are first shuffled together, then thinned by removing 28 cards. The remaining 50 cards are then reshuffled and used to populate each player's starting 5 cards and the two 20-card stock piles.

7. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Big thanks to Nathan for writing a review for You Against Me. Head on over and check it out!

8. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    I'm enjoying the game, but I'd love to see some big improvements to the online multiplayer mode. I've yet to complete a single game because the opponents in most cases never take a single turn. I have two games where the opponent has taken 2 or 3 moves over the course of several days but I have little hope these games will ever be completed.

Search for junkyardheart if you'd like to play me.

9. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    We are working on a solution to the lack of follow through with a game. Its frustrating for us too! Just sent you a game.

10. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
  11. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    You Against Me

Our first update for You Against Me just got approved by Apple.

Changes include:
    - you can now tap the "Your Turn" area at the top of the screen to review the opponent's most recent move
    - when pressing the menu button, there's now a handy popup listing any active online games where it's your turn
    - a 48 hour turn limit is now enforced; if an opponent kicks the bucket mid-game, you'll automatically win by forfeit
    - in Game Center's "Completed Game" list, won games now include the final scores

Enjoy!
    Phil

12. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    With our new update being approved, how about some promo codes? First 5 people to reply gets one! Ready, set, go!

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Awesome!!! Thank you very much!

14. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Check your PMs. Enjoy!

4 more...

15. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member