iPad YETISPORTS out now!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ROOT9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ROOT9

ROOT9 Member

Nov 14, 2008
    YetiSports takes off on the iPhone

Beginning April 14, YetiSports PiguThrow will be available on the iPhone. We'd like to take this opportunity to say "thank you".
    Thanks to all our fans, to bloggers and to the gaming community.
    Without you, YetiSports would not have evolved into the worldwide success story we've experienced during the past five years.

YetiSports on the iPhone features:

* 27 levels
    * 2 game modes (level-mode and classic-mode)
    * 9 levels of difficulty
    * available from April 14th in the AppStore for $ 2.99

iTunes Link

For downloading the web-application, screenshots, free iPhone ringtones, videos and more, visit our website at
    ---===||| ROOT9 MediaLab - iPHONE Apps |||===---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
  3. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    OMG it looks like psp home menu

4. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    To the dev:

1. On Classic the seal near the rock is holding a sign with 5500 on it. Why? If that is the highscore shouldn't that be my highscore?
    I tried playing several hits to see if that 5500 was a total over a number but I got no 'end' so I'm assuming that's a one-hit target? If so that's a seriously high target.

2. On Levels mode, what are the Waves, what does Picky Penguin mean? I know I can bounce off the gulls but what's with the fish? If I need to get fish I need to hit the snow and shouldn't I be flying? I don't get this Levels one at all. Does it mean even if I flew great distances on each hit I could lose because I got no fish?

I loved Yeti Sports - had all downloaded to my PC - and I like this but the mechanics of Levels needs some explaining please.

5. pressHOME

pressHOME Member

6. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
  7. pressHOME

pressHOME Member

Are we begging? That's only a question, sorry ;)

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    begging = asking

9. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    what are general impressions of the game? I just got it, so I will post my review later.

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I've been waiting forever for a game like this and it finally available. Definatley buying this and recommending it to all my friends who own an iphone/ipod touch!!!!!

11. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

seriously? a game that's free online and ads very little extra and now has a price tag of 2.99 is a must buy and recommend to all my friends, type game? id hate to see what you would do for games like sonic or doom, do you get so excited you just kill people on the street?

12. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    This is going to be a must buy for me

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would.

It's very polished (graphics, sounds, music, animations) and it has a nice interface.

Along with "Classic" mode the game also has a "Play Level" mode that you not only have to fly a minimum distance but also get a number of fishes to advance to the next level.

The "Play Level" are divided in 3 types: Picky Penguin, Glorious Glide and Weak Wave. Each type make you play using different approaches which is a very nice touch to make the game less repetitive. In addition, each type has 9 levels. You can get up to 3 stars in each level.

It has a good replay value.

Two suggestions: a better way to see "Leaderboard" (high score) and both landscape orientations support (right now only volume down).

If not 5/5 this game is very close to it.

14. jchampl

hey carlos, is it better than monkey bash or flight of the hamsters?

15. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I didn't play those games.

What are the MB and FH main goals?

When I bought Yeti I thought the goal would be just fly as far as you can but it's not only that. You also have to collect some fishes in "Play Level" making the game less repetitive.

16. jchampl

monkey bash is probably exactly like the classic level, it's the port of the game on the megatouch bar machines.

flight of the hamsters has power ups that you can collect to keep yourself going and going and going.

monkeybash is more luck, flight does involve some skill/reflexes

i would guess that pingu throw might have more a little more depth, however I was just curious compared to the others if you had played them.

granted I have not played the yeti however flight is my favorite so far

flight of the hamsters

17. Mohawk

Mohawk Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Graphics look nice...how is the gameplay like..worth the money??

18. jchampl

19. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008

FH looks nice indeed.

But I'm inclined, just by looking the videos, to say that I prefer YS. Anyway, maybe I'll get FH eventually so I can make a fair comparison.