Universal Year Walk - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Ok I "figured" it out. Holy hell made me jump!!

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys does anybody know about the login icon in year walk companion app ??
    What does mean???

3. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    The game is currently on the humble weekly bundle for Mac and PC. You can get the game and the soundtrack for a buck.
    I think even the soundtracks are worth more than that.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I just picked that bundle up for that alone. I've been wondering to get it on ios or PC but when I saw the bundle I didn't hesitate. It looks like a great bundle, i got the second teir package. Can't wait for the husband and child to get their arses back to work so I can play lol.

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I would say it's a lot better than the iOS version. Really enjoyed it. But still haven't found the login for journal. If you do please post with spoiler tags.

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I will do.

Hoping to make a start tomorrow. Would you recommend the companion app? Or is it best to just jump in.

7. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    If you are aging the PC version then there's no companion app. Everything is the game. You can say companion app is called journal here. It took me a while but I found out hd username and password.
    You can either get a direct download from the link or get a steam key.
    If you are talking about the iOS version you'll need the companion app after at least one year walk.
    I think that pretty much sums it up. In my opinion PC version is more polished and interesting.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea that there was a difference from the iOS version.

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

Ah I see, I was gonna use the ios companion app alongside the PC version, thinking they would mostly be the same.

10. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    They have the same data but I think it will more fun to use the PC version.

11. burbly

burbly New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    #551 burbly, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Just finished Year Walk (both endings) + have been reading comments, including the “You’ve seen everything. Now you just have to think.” from Simogo. One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is this excerpt from the companion (my emphasis)...
    "One story from Bergslagen tells of an old farmer on his way home through the forest. He is approached by a small child who follows him and says “Grand-father,Grand-father,I am so hungry”. The old man tries to ignore it but the child keeps on nagging,so finally the old man loses his patience.”If you can find someone to feed you,then feed. But you won’t get any milk from me.”The child seems pleased and leaves.When the old man comes home,he finds his daughter lying dead on the floor, bleeding from her chest.The child he met was the spirit of his murdered grandson."

As noted previously in this thread, Stina is seen with a Myling in the mill, suggesting that it was hers; also

"The two most common motives were that there was no room for another mouth to feed or that the child had been conceived outside of wedlock.The souls of these unfortunate children became Mylings."

suggests that Daniel was the father.

---

So my own interpretation would be that
    if Daniel lives, Stina marries Lucas but has an affair with Daniel, leading to the birth of a child she unknowingly gives to an angel maker. The spirit of the child then murders her.

One element of the above narrative that isn't accounted for is that someone gave the Myling permission: "If you can find someone to feed you, then feed." I'm not sure who that might be in this case -- if it is someone on a year walk (when time works strangely), then perhaps Daniel or Stina's occasionally mentioned cousin?

---

One other small thing -- I think the 5 and 6 dots in the dark cave may relate to a cut puzzle. If you look near the bl of this...

http://media.simogo.com/2013/04/doodlessketches.jpg

you'll see some sums involving the 5 symbol among others. If you had been given those sums and the symbol-number correspondences for 2 and 5, you could deduce the symbol-number correspondence for 4, which you actually need to get to the church. So I'd guess that you weren't originally given the symbol for 4 directly.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    My god!!! This was the best thing that I've experienced on ios since the room. Well beyond crazy good! My mind has been blown by the entire thing! I'm in shock. It's 5 am and I need to sleep.

13. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    My favorite game so far !
    I need to replay it again soon :)