Yahoo article on new Nintendo DSi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by [email protected], Feb 19, 2009.

1. nate@pdxine.com

Dec 24, 2008
    I know what you are thinking, wtf is this doing here? This isn't a Nintendo forum, this isn't even a forum for all hand held games. But it is one for the iPod Touch and iPhone. Which are mentioned 4 times in the article as a competitor to the new DS. I thought it was interesting on how the industry is opening its doors more and more to the iDevices as being legitimate hand held gaming platforms.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/nintendo-dsi-coming-april-5/1289722

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    This should probably be in the lounge

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    In my opinion i think the dsi is the stupidest idea nintendo has ever had
    There is no point to it the cameras are like useless
    This should be in lounge

4. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

That article is completely biased.. or Nintendo paid Yahoo to write that. What kind of a comparison is that?

5. nate@pdxine.com

Dec 24, 2008
    Whoops, didn't realize I was in games :mad:

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Nintendo did have some brilliant ways of using the cameras, though. There's a new Warioware game called WarioWare: Photograped (or something...that's the Japanese translation) and you have to do certain activities while in the camera.

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It doesn't matter. No backwards compatability is a turn-off for me already. Plus, what about guitar hero for the DS? You can't play it on the DSi. If you ask me, this makes the DS more of a PSP than anything.

8. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    True. No more migrating my pogeymanz :(.

9. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lol shark them in like everyone else.

omg u mean this new crap can't play mai MOTOCROSS MANIACS for teh original GB? wtf are those newbz @ nintendo thinking with this crap? my parents paid good $$$ for those carts and i think they should be usable for at least 30 years. gtfo stupid optional purchase DSi with ur stupid camera and ur stupid sd slot and ur bigger screen.

Also, Guitar Hero for the DS was the suck.

10. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Hey, People thought the Nintendo Wii was stupid. Look at it now. It's made alot of money. Although games arn't great for 1 player, it's great for parties though.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    So the DSi is going to be the next hit party thing. Screw the single player, it's all about minigames!!!

FAIL

12. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I also don't think this DSi is a good move for Nintendo.
    I had the original DS and it was a lot of fun but got old after a while.
    I personally (and im sure plenty of people will side with me on this one) think a really good move for nintendo would be to get off of there high pedestal and make games for consoles other then just their own consoles including the iDevices. I could see some premium apps from them like Mario Kart and a Mario adventure game selling very well. I know i would buy them if they were good.

13. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I honestly do own a Wii (my sister currently has it with her at college but I did have it with me for a long time) and I find it to be waayyyy over rated! It's amazingly fun at first but it seemed to get old very fast. Just my opinion but it really is great for parties and all but its ability to entertain one single person is seriously lacking.