Out Now Yaga The Roleplaying Folktale (by Versus Evil)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Gambler exactly as @OddAlun said. In the inventory you just choose a different hammer and on the bottom tap Equip. Why wouldn't it work for you like that? I got my hammer broken just once, in the village, so I immediately crafted a new one. So I can't say if it works or not. There's no reason why it wouldn't though.

Edit: and you can go to inventory whenever you want. During quest or in the village. Doesn't matter.

Gambler likes this.
  2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Oh man, I feel stupid now. But thanks a lot. I‘m playing with controller and didn‘t even realize that there was an inventory, thought the anvil/forge is some kind of substitute for this (already was wondering how to use magic items but that‘s another story).

Anyway, had tried every button on the controller multiple times but completely forgot about the D-Pad. Opening inventory is D-Pad up. Can‘t believe I went through at least 1/3 of the game without realizing this.

Thanks very much for helping out. Even though I feel pretty stupid atm at least I can fully enjoy the game again.

stubbieoz and macplash like this.
  3. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Dumb question alert: How to update anvil?? I feel like I progressed too far without updating it.

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 go home, stand in front of it, tap the hand button. From all the choices, upgrade anvil is at the bottom. Tapping on it gives you additional options like enhancements etc...

[​IMG]

Gambler and bx59 like this.
  5. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Thanks for the reply! I was seeing the option, yet havent got enough materials I guess until... 5 mins ago. That blind lady was quite generous!

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 you’re welcome. And keep in mind, there are no dumb questions! We’re all here to help each other, hopefully.

Well, that’s true. So don’t let Likho take any of it away from you when your bad luck meter fills up again.;) I suggest spending it as soon as possible especially if you’re too much into using spells and charms which adds to your bad luck constantly.

Gambler and bx59 like this.
  7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash At first I was frustrating with Likho just like you, but I got used to it :) And after upgrading the anvil, combat aspect of the game improved dramatically!!

I’m on my way to see Yaga 2nd time, and I feel like the game finally “clicked” with me now. There’s a certain learning/adapting curve for sure, but the patience is rewarding on this one.

8. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Just beat the game with making grandma happy. Weapon crafting was much fun, especially my last weapon was literally Thor’s stormbreaker haha.

9. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly does one stop the bad luck from accumulating when "blessed." I've upgraded my anvil to give me certain blessings occasionally, and now I can't stop the bad luck from rising until it wipes out my inventory. What gives? Any clues would be much appreciated.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @imusic it’s been answered already in this thread by the dev.. just read previous posts.;)

11. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Where? All I saw in previous posts is that it just keeps growing until Ms. ghost lady consumes my inventory. (Minus the 4-leaf clover, which isn't all that common and just a temporary stop-gap.) I guess what I'm asking is... if there really is no way to stop the bleed, then why would anyone ever want to "pay" for blessings or magic... and for that matter, why would anyone want to carve runes into their anvil (which I did) if it comes with the possibility or rapidly destroying the very item you just built with said anvil.

PS: pardon if I missed something. I opened all 3 pages in this thread and ran a search for "luck." I just don't see where it says how you can stop it after a "blessing." All I see is that it continues indefinitely. And even with the 4-leaf, that clears it but it still continues indefinitely until "she" comes.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @imusic well, there's your answer. You can't stop it. That's the point. Ivan is cursed with bad luck since birth, isn't he? So that's the fact you need to deal with throughout the game. Once your bad luck meter is full, Likho comes and steals random stuff from your inventory. It happens sooner or later no matter what. With runes and charms and blessings your meter fills up faster, which is the price you're paying for advantages said items giving you in return. That also answers your question why would anyone wanted that.;)

13. CatalinZZ

CatalinZZ Member

Oct 26, 2019
    Male
    Game Designer
    Hi all, sorry for the long pause, we've been dealing with the incoming PC/Consoles launch.

Looks like you solved @Gambler's problem :)

About the Bad Luck, it is by design. I do realize the penalty for carving runes into the anvil is kind of harsh and there's no way to undo it. And while it fits the theme as it is now, i am thinking of adding a way to remove the runes if you wish to, in a future update.

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    Is this game still active? I installed it, and a message pops up that says it needs to log into gamecenter, it will take several minutes. I literally let it go for 30 minutes (had it on this screen while watching tv) and it never loaded. tried it three different times, twice on data, and once on wifi to no avail.

15. CatalinZZ

CatalinZZ Member

Oct 26, 2019
    Male
    Game Designer
    Yes, it's still active.

That behaviour is caused by GameCenter. Try opening the GameCentre app, sign out and theb sign in again.
    After that, when you start Yaga, it will work fine.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  16. rag66628

rag66628 Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Sad to say it but the game is unplayable at its present state.
    It keeps syncing data or loading something every 10 seconds (the hammer & anvil icon in the upper right corner) and when doing so - all interactions are disabled.

The problem is that the syncing gets into an infinite loop, preventing from exiting locations, dialogues or even exiting the pause screen.