Xs Max Resolution Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Taeles, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Does the max run in to the same black border resolution issues that the ipX (2017) ran in to where developers had to actively support the new resolution or face black borders on screen?

andsoitgoes likes this.
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #2 psj3809, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Yes. But I don’t mind it. Still totally playable. There’ll be many old games which will never be updated but again they’re playable

Titan Quest is one game which fails badly on the Xs though. Total unplayable as you only see part of the screen

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

This is becoming a pretty significant issue that’s making me hesitant to pick up any catalog games that haven’t explicitly been updated to support the Max.

We even ran into major issues with recent games like Fidel Dungeon Rescue, for a good week the game was unplayable because it was this tiny window inside the max display.

Bought Baldur’s Gate on sale and I’m attaching the screenshot. I HOPE it’ll get updated but who knows. I’ve tweeted the developer and opened a ticket, fingers crossed.

As well, it’s equally frustrating to have the bloody navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. For any game that’s been updated since the X released this should have been addressed. Civ 6 has the same issue, where the bar might disappear when not touching the screen, but ANY touch will have that damned bar pop up. And with all the gesturing to move stuff around it’s a real issue.

So far the ONLY workaround to this is forcing guided access mode which in turn basically locks down your phone. You won’t see texts and you can’t answer calls, so it isn’t something that would work most times for most people. I mean, it solves the issue but at the same time not really. I pray for a day where that thing can just be turned off. I get it. Everyone gets it. It works fine on the damn iPad, why can’t we just disable it or at least why can’t developers just go in and use their tools to disable it so it requires two swipes up to activate. I don’t love it still being there for the Alto games, but at least it’s not easy to accidentally switch apps or go to the home screen

Attached Files: