Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    They also sure look purdee though :)

2. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

So I'm enjoying this game and all the weapon choices, but I'm beginning to wonder: are there more than four mutant types?

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I just love little touches like this Lol

Attached Files:

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #164 Quoad, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Whilst most of my weapons hAve power (?) ratings of c.50, my fully upgraded bolt tazer currently has a rating of c.2,147,000,000 (I have not double checked the last six digits).

Anyone else?!

It literally cannot overheat, which is nice. But. Um. This does look a bit glitchy...?

E2a: yeah. My Brutus plasma, which is not leaps and bounds behind it in cost etc, has a fully upgraded rating of 50. Lol.

E2a2: oh, yeah, and most of that rating seems to come from its absurd cool down rating. See below!

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Hoop. There it is. Etc.

Attached Files:

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, that's probably a bug.

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    There are about 7 different types of mutants. The enemy variety isn't spectacular but it does the job.

8. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Really enjoying this. A fun little shooter with high production values.
    Would have liked some more story woven into the missions, though the dry attagirls have their charm too.

The three star scoring system is kinda vague as to what actions do what. Obviously killing all mutants matters, but doing it during a killing streak matters too. Still, the system allows for some replayability.

The GUI has some odd choices, placement of the pause/map button for instance. But every quirk seems to work better than the standard solutions. A the single tap on the firebutton switches weapons, at first this lead to some nasty suprises (there's also a separate button to switch weapons, so who expects a separate trigger?) but once I figured it out, it allows for getting a almost continuous stream of fire.

Yes, early on there are only a few. In later levels new types and mutations appear with new skills, moving faster, dealing more damage..

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I've bought the Ripper.

Certainly atm (l3), the bolt tazer remains significantly more useful - because the complete lack of cool down / overheat makes killchaining daft easy!

Now saving up for heavy armour... No more real call for weapons!

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The Ripper is ridiculously good, it can singlehandedly get you three stars in any level, and can usually lead to 50+ streaks.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Tbf, the bolt tazer has been doing pretty much that.

And has the advantage of going through enemies (so hitting multiple targets), and stunning all those it hits.

Having unlocked the heavy armour, I can see the ripper's appeal more clearly.... Damage boost plus ignore heat Ftw. But it's still not a ginormous improvement over the glitchy bolt tazer :thumbs:

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The bolt tazer gets outpaced by the sheer amount of damage and enemies on X Factory floors. It's really easy to drop streaks, and on X Factory you consistently need multiple 20+ streaks. Plus, it's not even just about the rating, the best scores are only possible with the highest dps weapon on hand.

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Hitting three targets with 1*4,800 shot...

Imu, the ripper stops at its first target.

I am beginning to find it definitely has its uses :)D) but, tbh, it's now holding up as an exemplary secondary...

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The simplest test of why the tazer fails at endgame levels is this, it takes 3-5 seconds to kill a big mutant or a hive. The ripper can do the same in a second or less. Other than that use whatever works for you I guess, if the tazer never gets outclassed for you then that's fine.

15. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Having a great time playing this game, with my Mad Catz controller. Finally a game that I can win at.

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    My secondary is the best automatic RPG. I use the ripper as primary and for the big groups I switch to explosives.

Billy

17. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #177 dbagga84, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Come on guys. Someone tell me the secret to getting a full score at the end of a level? It's the kill streak one I can't get and not even close. Do I have to do the whole level without getting hit once or something ?

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Read the thread man. You need higher dps weapons to kill enemies quickly and keep streaks going, the damage boost and overheat preventing skill help a lot. Basically just replay the levels with better gear.

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Sucks that I can't get the game to work with either my Steelseries nor Steelseries XL MFi controllers, this game is screaming for it!

20. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Is there a melee attack?