Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    On my 6 plus it looks great.

2. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Should, but it doesn't. And believe me I'm not missing any barrels :/

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #123 Zeillusion, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Really loving this game. It has extremely tight controls as well as a wonderful variety of weapons and armors. I'm even enjoying the enemy variation. A wave move would be pretty sweet in the future. Hopefully they continue to add, I'm down for paid expansions.

I'm not sure how the person on the last page could say the game was ruined by controlls. The touch controls on my i6 are incredibly tight. Responsive, and accurate. The games polished.. Premo ;)

4. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Alien Syndrome! I used to Pump quarters into that game in the arcade for days! Wish someone would come with the original arcade port! Not so much a fan of the 3D reboot, Buuut, I REALLY enjoyed SM so I'ma do the dev a solid here and give benefit of the doubt. Instabuy!!

Also, character and difficulty selection plus additional content updates are most welcome! Really been looking forward to another take at a quality Sci-Fi dual stick shooter on iOS!

Also Also, please somebody port Xenophobia!! (classic sidescrolling sci-fi action/adventure!) I would seriously die of happiness!

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    If it wasn't for a huge backlog I'd be on this like a rat up a stick...

I still haven't finished the second chapter of SM tho and If I pick this up now I suspect I never will.

Space marshals is one of the few iOS games that makes me feel like I'm playing a 'proper' real console game on the iPad. Even without a controller it's brilliant but add that on and it's amazing.

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #126 LordShad0wz, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Ok you guys convinced me. Downloading now. Plus I love all of pixelbites work. I wish they would make a sequel to that get away chase game. I still play that one from time to time.

To the devs. Would you consider adding chooseable characters maybe in a future update? Even if it's a paid IAP I'm down with that.

Billy

EDIT- wow. I just played for a bit. Very nicely done. I absolutely love the unlimited ammo/overheat mechanic. I always hated worrying about ammo. The controls are really spot on and the visuals are great!

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    So... Do you all feel that if you do not purchase the iap, you won't be able to purchase the premium or fancy outfit right away? Or, do you have to do some major extra grinding to get it?

I am interested in purchasing a few copies of the game for myself, and a couple of my foster kiddos, based on feedback here in the forum. But.... I don't want them (the kids) to feel obligated or pressured to buy an iap in a paid game when even a dollar is hard to come by for a foster kid and I want it to be fair for them as well.

And please... Don't make this about me being cheap, etc... I am more then willing to pay more for a premium game ( but not iap's in a paid app)

If I like a game, I usually don't have a problem with also buying it for a couple kids. But... When and if they leave my home, most likely, they won't have the ability to keep paying for consumable iap's.

Thank you!

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^I just got the 3rd outfit (out of 4) on the 18th stage (out of 50) (while having some pretty sweet weapons as well) -I thought it was pretty early (it took me about 4 stages in the 2nd world to get the 10k needed), but the payout after each stage is pretty substantial as you progress. Personally, for me, there's always been something new to buy every 3 stages or so.

Chances are I'll buy an IAP sometime in the future - but it won't be because I feel like I need to... it'll definitely be because I want to support Pixelbite.

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I've already purchased the best armor, the 40k Gatling gun, and a few more weapons along the way. It never felt like I needed to buy iAPs or that the grind was excessive.

10. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Just bought the game and it's crashing on startup every time, I have tried reinstalling, restarting my iPad and nothing works, I'm using an iPad Air 2 which should be able to handle this game, anyone else with this problem?

11. angelcolton

angelcolton New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    What controller do you have? I have a moga rebel and its not working with space marshalls. I have emailed the developer but they said that its fixed, when they released the game it was working. I want to know if is the same situation with this game also.

12. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    The game has far exceeded my expectations and is a lot of fun. It would be cool if we could have grenades though. :)

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I use SteelSeries Stratus, which is in my sac all the time, but it does not make any spell either! Will try Horipad back home.

14. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I put this comment into google translate and it auto-detected the language as Moron and the English translation for it was "my opinion is worthless."

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    A little tip for anyone saving up cash for the end-game weapons, The Ripper >>>> anything. With that gatling gun alone I can three star most levels. I also bought the Dragon Pyro but regret the decision greatly. I don't have a good secondary to complement the Ripper yet, trying to level the Dragon to 10 and see if it works.

16. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Please add auto aim. I'm having difficulty aiming especially when I'm moving and it really makes me upset. :(

17. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Well sod it I just bought it anyway....

18. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Same iphone 5 first door first stage hangs then crash what the hell.

19. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    #140 orangecan, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    I'm using a moga rebel with space marshals with no issues but I do have to launch the game before I connect to it otherwise it doesn't see it (air2 latest iOS)

Edit: seems to be the same with this as well, works fine as long as you connect it after its launched