Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. skeletors helmet

Patreon Bronze

Dec 7, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this one, and for £1.50 it's a total bargain. Can't seem to get 3 "stars" on any level yet, although I imagine I've got to learn more skills and then come back to them.

2. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden

Please submit to [email protected] and well do our best to advice you and fix the issue you're experiencing!

3. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Going to try as I loved sm. reminds me of meltdown by bulkypix

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I only picked two random pages to read...for anyone on the fence, the controls are better than in Space Marshals and definitely not horrible, BUT i'm still surprised that Pixelbite can't pull off close to perfect movement controls, besides the jerky looking walking animations.

Two things i don't like:

The three radiation signs on top are obscuring the screen, specially when the aliens are coming from the top. Too bad i can't appriciate the nice art work, simply because the monsters are hidden behind.

Tap the aim button to change the weapons. I don't want to, but i change them accidently too many times in the worst moment. Before an update would be available, i will have finished the game.

Other than that, a beautiful looking shooter with great art work, monsters, music, atmosphere and crashboombang weapons sfx. Totally worth my initial two bucks, but i will buy an iap (absolutely not needed!) only to support one of my best developers out there.

5. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I love the game so far!:) but this game needs a survival mode for sure to encourage replayability after we complete the game? Ive already finished it in a day. Maybe online co op like meltdown? it definitely added a ton of replayability to that game

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think sometimes people expect too much though, $2 for a games play isnt bad at all ?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I definitely think the 3 symbols on the top should be moved to the left or right. They're not that necessary and they often block my view of the enemy.

I also don't mind the quick switch because I find it easier to do that than move my finger to the middle during a fight.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    People have so much trouble accepting how far a few bucks go on the App Store. There has to be a limit to how much content you will get for what you have paid, just because the framework for something exists in a game doesn't mean it has to be added as a free update. This arcade-y mode is exactly what people had been asking for in the Space Marshals thread and Pixelbite has delivered in spades, for a mere $1.99.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I had the same question..... How do "three star" a level?

This is a beautiful game. Having tons of fun with it....well done!

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    To get three stars on any level you need high dps weapons, damage boost ability and the heat nullifier ability. You basically need to string together a killstreak of 20 or more in most levels.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you for the reply!! Fortunately, I deleted and reinstalled again this morning... I haven't experienced the freeze/crash since.

And since no one else has experienced the freezing (here, anyway), I wouldn't be surprised if it's just my old phone. I seem to have issues very few other iPhone 5 users seem to have these days... =o/

But thank you again for reaching out. =oD

12. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Good to hear the game is running as intended for you now!
    Please notify us if you're experiencing any issues in the future.

Best,
    Pixelbite team

13. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    juuuust a suggestion that could draw an even larger player base

14. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    This isn't even a matter of opinion, you are flatly wrong about this.

People looking for impressions, don't believe this comment. The controls are fantastic.

15. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    No, this isn't true. The crackling sound of the barrels continues even after you have destroyed all the toxic barrels in the area. It's not so bad without headphones on I guess, but the crackling sound while wearing headphones is awful. Like a dog whistle to a dog. Like I said, the sonic equivalent of chewing tin foil. The game is too good to stop playing it over it though.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #116 JCho133, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    This kinda reminds me of the 3D Alien Breed remakes that were on XBLA.

Obviously not as innovative as Space Marshalls, but I'm enjoying it and it's systems a lot. I actually find myself trying to perfect every level which is a rare thing for me.

I dunno, it just feels like it does what it's trying to do a lot better than similar games. Must be that special Pixelbite touch.

I definitely recommend it

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The Geiger counter noise should go away if you destroy all nearby glowing barrels.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Played the first level so far and loving it!

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    An amazing game from an amazing company.

20. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

While this game is definitely playable on the iPhone 6 (where I started), you will appreciate it more on an iPad (where I'm playing now). You need the bigger screen to really see the artwork. Case and point: when this thread derailed about being a female character, I was like "the character is female?" Of course its obvious in the menu after I looked for it, but in the game you can't see the pony tail that is quite visible on the iPad. Further, the mutants look a lot better on the bigger screen.

Again, game play is fine on iPhone and I'd still play it there when my iPad isn't convenient. But the lighting effects, monsters and yes even the hero look way better on my Air.