Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    You get charges for using the special abilities by killing enemies, once you have a full charge you can tap the specials icon to open the radial menu and select heal from that.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    When you say full charge you mean the entire ring needs to be lit up or just the section under the heal icon? Because I could've sworn that section was all lit up and I tapped it and it went away, but my health didn't rise above red/low status. About to try it again though. Thanks for the info!

3. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Just the section under the heal is enough. The whole ring is split into five charges and you need minimum x number of charges to be able activate each ability. But each ability uses only one charge. So you can use speed boost only when you have two charges or more but it only uses one charge.

Also, the heal isn't an immediate heal, it's a regen. It takes about 3-5 seconds for the full effect.

4. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Reminds me of the free steam release "Alien Swarm"

5. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Terrible controls ruined a promising game.

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Space Mrshals and Xenowerk both have some of the best controls I've seen in an iOS action game.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    True, saying that this has bad controls is pure nonsense.
    Xenowerk has very accurate, responsive controls, very well designed. The controls are better than of many many, other games.

I love this game, it's a fantastic dual-stick shooter for a very nice price.

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Agreed! Also, the IAP isn't ridiculous like so many games now-a-days. Personally, I'd say the controls are spot on for this type of game. Did Space Marshals have this tight of controls??

9. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    #89 tobidayao, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Yeah, the game is great and cheap too, but I think it could have been better if it has a story line. And I think when shooting an enemy, i hope the gun just locks down to what you are shooting (mutant) at that moment for easier aiming.

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It feels like it's just the same animation as used in Space Marshalls. Unfortunatelly it doesn't suit the female character very well. Those legs looks quite terrible. But the whole game's clearly based on SM, including engine, animations and whatnot. On the other hand, SM is a great game, so it's not a bad thing. Definitely one of the best controls (even better than SM). For 1,99€ it's a no brainer.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Auto-aiming would make the game way too easy.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Finally bought and it's actually quite fun.

Though to be honest, this game would benefit from having clips to reload, even if they are infinite. I think reloading adds more strategy. There is the overheat but as long as you use controlled bursts that isn't ever a problem. I'm surprised they didn't add that in a monster hunting game.

So I'm liking it but I hope it gets much harder before I reach the end.

13. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Apart from the game play being great, the next best thing about SM is the control. And I am confident many others think the same too. So calling it terrible control is totally absurd. No offense but I think the problem is with you rather than the game itself. It also have mfi support which is great. SM is one of those games where despite having mfi support but I had the same level of fun even without it.

On a side note, does this game have mfi support like SM? It's not mention in the description.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You must be one of the very few people who thought it 'sucked'

People on the fence, dont believe this comment, totally untrue. You can read theres lots of positive comments about this game.

I know we all have different tastes but the two comments above are just laughable.

Anyway really enjoying this one, love the graphics, reminds me of some old skool shooters in the 90's. Well worth the money. Cant wait for their next release

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The game does get more difficult but the real challenge is in getting three stars (or hazard symbols) on each mission. You need to be VERY aggressive and tactical to get the best killstreaks.

16. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    give this a try

I will give this a try.
    Downloaded.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! Finally fired one up. Guess the first time I was playing it didn't charge up enough.

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I just realized that the abilities don't use up the charges, it's more of a moba like leveling system. Sorry for the misinformation! You level up the specials meter and unlock abilities but once unlocked you can use abilities whenever they are off cooldown. This means I'm saving up all my monies for that 25k suit with the sweet damage boost ability.

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa. Awesome! I got a code for the game so I grabbed the $3.99 IAP for 100K. That fancy suit is awesome!

20. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    This game deserves a 5 star which it has already, amazing that reviews are good for this.