Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Women and men *generally* have different rulesets apart from each other. e.g. -- most of the time, women can sit on other women's laps, no problem. Men? Not so common. Most men like to strut their stuff in the games they play. Most of the time, that requires us to have male player characters. I require that. Personal preference wins in all cases, subjectively for everyone.

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Can we PLEASE settle down on the fact that there's no gender selction, OK, it's not of everyone's taste to play as the opposite gender, including myself, however it's not even close to be a big deal, it doesn't affect the game whatsoever, so can we please stop arguing before a feminist notices this thread and starts a bigger discussion?

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Wow, this thread is being derailed pretty hard for a ridiculously inconsequential issue.

On topic, the game looks like a really fun arcade-y twin stick shooter. Seems to be designed more for score attack too.

4. #64 binlabu, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed, WTH?

This game is quite fun, even if a bit easy. The controls are spot-on, just like they were in Space Marshals. Can't beat this for the price.

Although they didn't state it in the app description, SM received 1 or 2 content updates by now, so who knows....they may run with some positive feedback and requests for difficulty modes, daily challenges etc. What is here is highly polished, none-the-less.

EDIT: has anyone noticed the resemblance of the character on the icon to another female space alien shooting badass? I figured that would come up (unless I missed it).

6. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Getting somewhat harder as I get further in, as mentioned in the thread, score is probably meant to be the challenge.
    Edit: I might just be awesome at it :)

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Play space marshals.

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #68 Zeillusion, Jun 18, 2015
    Games awesome!

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks like a modern Alien syndrome!

10. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Do you have to start the level over if you get a phone call? That was a bummer with Space Marshals

11. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Pause button. Center screen

12. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    This is a great game and a great value for the money. But one thing is annoying soooo, so badly. That crackling radiation noise that the radioactive barrels give off is possibly THE most annoying sound I have ever heard in my entire 33 years on this planet. When you wear headphones to play each crackle is the equivalent of chewing on tinfoil for your ears. Dev, if you are reading this, please, please for the sake of my sanity, take this noise out. It's horrible. Otherwise fantastic game.

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    First thing I bought today. Glad it was available instantly for me! I love this team!

14. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I just bought it. Was killed after about five minutes of play. Looks like this is going to be a challenge. Going to try and hold out on buying the IAP for now.

15. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    I shoot the green barrels and is goes away

16. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    *Preferring* to play as a male is one thing, but if you *refuse* to play as a female character on that basis alone, it just makes you sound insecure.

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This game succeeds for the very same reason that makes Space Marshals an incredible game, the gunplay is immensely satisfying and the variety of weapons makes it even more delicious.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #78 syntheticvoid, Jun 18, 2015
    Just started playing on my iphone 5- iOS 7.1.2...

Every time I kill the first enemy (doesn't matter where or which one), the game just freezes. I have to exit and clear it from my multitasking bar. It's happened 6 times now. I've tried resetting, ect...

Needless to say, I haven't gotten very far...

**ungh**
    Deleted, reinstalled, hard reset, airplane mode, iCloud off, nothing's working for me... It's now froze and crashed when killing the first enemy 11 times...

I give up... Goin to bed...

First time I've ever had an issue with a Pixelbite game...

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So you get a 3 to 4 hours of playtime... That is so worth my $2. Especially if i like it, which you seem to considering it got you hooked to play through 30 levels already.

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So, I've played through a bit. And it is a great looking game. If it was in space and the woman was named Samus and there was a story in it, I'd be a happy camper. Any game that can make me think that is doing something right.

For the price, it's worth it for some arcade fun. It's not deep, it's not Metroid, and it's not insane hard, but it is fun. And that's probably what they were shooting for. Get it? Shooting?

Anyway, how do I heal? I see that ring on the right and notice the cross icon, but can't find where to tap to activate any kind of healing. I'd love to heal so I don't have that flashing red screen if health gets too low.