Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Myself as well would like to know if you can play as a male character? :confused:

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Please tell me you're trolling.

Did you ever play any games in the Metroid series, or Tomb Raider? Because if you've skipped them because of a petty gender bias, you are truly a neanderthal.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The first ten levels average playtime is about 3-5 minutes per level if you kill everything. I just made it to the second building containing the next set of levels, there are three building with increasingly more levels in each. The first few levels in the second building seem a bit bigger and take a little longer to clear out.

I haven't seen any option to play as a male character.

4. EpicGamerDude

EpicGamerDude Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    hmmmm, drastic difference in file size compared to Space Marshalls. Not sure on my feelings about that. Larger size=more content! Well downloading now.

5. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    So, is the game any good, does it share the same level of quality from previous PixelBite games (specially from Space Marshals)?
    And also, seeing as it says that it's compatible with the iPod 5th gen and skips the mention of the iPad mini, anyone has tried to play this on the mini 1st Gen?

6. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    No female character? I'm not buying this!

... Ah... who am I kidding?

I hit the buy button five minutes ago without even blinking. These guys know how to make great games.
    I would like a male character for the immersion factor though. But hey: I am sure this is gonna be a great and fun experience like the rest of the devs games.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I also always chose male chatachters but if there is no choice it's ok, I just don't get to marvel at how awesome I look in my gear.

Anyway stuck at work and will be picking this up when I get home.

8. The Golden Boy Casanova

May 15, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    A choice would be great, like in the Mass Effect series. But anyway, most of the time in many games there's no choice to be a female character, so at least some people will know how it feels for women when they have no choice but to be a male character.

9. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Is this better than Space Marshals (because that kinda sucked)?

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    lmao

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    How and why did this thread get hijacked discussing gender issues? Let's return to discussing the game please.

12. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    It's kind of funny how there haven't been any feminist attacking everyone who disliked playing as a female. I'm OK with it BTW.

13. EpicGamerDude

EpicGamerDude Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    You're joking right? Space Marshalls was one of the best games I had played in a long time.

14. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You win...

15. cds72

cds72 Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Game is short... 50 levels less than 2 hours have finished 30

16. cds72

cds72 Member

Jun 4, 2015
    That is really pathetic

17. The Golden Boy Casanova

May 15, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    It's not a problem. You're right, it's preference. Which is why I think it'd be great to have a choice, then everyone's happy. I just wanted the people that would prefer a male character to see that how they feel is how many women feel when they have to play as male characters, that's all. Nothing wrong with stating that you'd rather play as a male or female character.

18. town3r

town3r Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    Madison, WI
    Doesn't work w/ iOS 9 beta1 on iPhone 6+

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    It is, but they really have nailed the look and feel. This dev has a great start for me. Space Marshals and this are very well done. I bought because it looked good, and have gotten value, but also to support what they are doing. My only wishes are more and harder. Good game for me when that's what I'm left wanting.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    One way they could've expanded play time was to add multiple difficulties. It sounds too easy based on impressions. If it was harder then you'd have to flee or pick off the right enemies or strategize.