Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    This is interesting, the damage power up brings the ionizer from 630 to like 1020 or 900 or something like that with the catsuit, but with the bionic armor it brings it to 1300! That adds up fast...

2. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    will the apple tv version get my progress through iCloud from iOS version ?

also, any chance that you will be releasing other great games like space marshall on the tvOS?

3. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hi how do I shoot while moving backwards? When I move backwards the shooter turns around

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It's a twin stick shooter, the right joystick controls in which direction you fire.

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    70 levels and tons of weapons for .99cents.. What-tha???.. Two levels down so far and i am loving it.. Best dollar spent all week.

6. kipbuis

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks that worked secondly how do I heal myself after gettting hurt?

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Press the "+" on the right side and then pick your perk. In your case press "+" a second time.
    Don't know if you have to unlock that first though.

8. kipbuis

Dec 13, 2013
    Yeah I tapped the plus sign but nothing worked I tapped twice as well. Theres a plus sign that's all

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    After getting tired grinding in Hearthstone and getting tired of Marvel Future Fight, i continued my progress in this one and played 3 hours straight. I love how premium the progress rate in terms of upgrading is. Basically have a steady flow of getting stronger and better. The pacing of the combat system is also perfect to rest the head from stressing out on the Hearthstone strategy.

10. kipbuis

Dec 13, 2013
    Anyone wants to tell me how to heal in this game? Thanks!

11. Woah if EP recommends this its got to be good!!

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #312 JohnnyClash, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    What, have you not spent that .99 cents yet to find out for yourself? Oh, i did.. It's fun as heck.. It does begin to feel over-familiar after 20 or so stages. But, there are some seriously awesome weapon upgrades coming in at a steady pace.. Plus, if you delete the game from boredom (like i did), it will be waiting on you when you come back for more later, via cloud save.

Like i mentioned, the combat is a bit repetitive.. But when I do return to this game, it will primarily be to try out all the weapons that I have not opened up yet, and there are a bunch! The variety in firepower upgrades, alone, is enough to make me return to this game on occasion.

..and, i will say, to further support this game.. The repetition in gameplay is understandable, and intended. The 'level by level' stats are nicely detailed, and are laid out for you very well after each run.. Speedy play-thoughs are rewarded with more score, and are made possible by way of higher 'killing streaks'. So, in this regard, it really can be played as a competitive 'high score chaser' if you want to. Which, would be AWESOME IF my Game Center was working.. I'd say not being able to compete against other players in this game (due to the GC bug) is really the main reason that I am currently not playing it.. Xenowerk really does center itself around this aspect quite firmly..

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... The repetitive nature is by design. This is to identify itself apart from its elder sibling game Space Marshals, which, needless to say, is from the same fantastic devs.

Space Marshals was the more tactical and strategic of the two, while Xenowerk is the more chaotic run-n-gun little brother. Both are near flawless at what each tries to achieve and provide the mobile gamers.

14. kipbuis

Dec 13, 2013
    Yeah some one please tell me how to heal in this game.. Thx!

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    As soon as you pass the entrance your hud will appear. You build the meters by killing aliens for an alert to be shown that a power up iz available. Tap and hold the meter then drag to wanted power up then release.
    I hope that helps:)

Attached Files:

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #316 Exact-Psience, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Kill enough enemies to fill up your skill meter, then tap the skill icon above the right thumb area and tap the heal skill. Alternatively, you can tap and hold on the skill you want to use, and drag your thumb to the skill you wanna use. Letting go of the touch while on a skill will activate that skill.

Skills you have available will depend on the armor you are using. Switch armors to better ones to be able to use other skills,

17. kipbuis

Dec 13, 2013
    Yeah the game is freezing upon loading it on ios 9.3 on iPhone 5s

Anyone else with the same issue?

18. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    Are mfi controllers still compatible? Can't make my madcatz ctrli to work with this game

19. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy hell Pixelbite. One new speedrun-centric chapter, 2 new weapons and a new armor class? Another Pixelbite win.