Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I love the new champion mutants :D

2. s4r3th

s4r3th Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Anyone else experiencing freezing on ios9? Mine kept crashing after i update to ios9

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Mine plays fine (iPad Air iOS9)!

4. yojimbo

yojimbo Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Loving the new construction site chapter, the hardcore mutants with special abilities etc.

One issue tho. I thought that the construction site was supposed to have randomly generated floor plans each time you play? Every floor I play seems to have the exact same layout! I'm up to floor 13. Anyone else have this issue?

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I have gotten a different layout every single time.

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Sometimes it's same but most of the time it's random layout for me.

Fantasic game. Bought this a while ago but finally got around to playing it this week after the update. Pretty fun but difficult (especially when going for high score). I didn't need to grind that much, but i didn't try to buy every weapon. Graphics is good. The only thing that I had to get used to was the dynamic camera.

7. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I love when devs continue to support and work on games long after release. I skipped this game because I didn't like the slow pace of Space Marshals. But given that this game is faster paced I'm finally jumping in.
    Now I'm looking forward to what these guys do next.

8. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Awesome game ###

9. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Speed boost bug?

Is the speed boost also supposed to reset your weapon's heat bar? It seems like one of the other armour powerups is supposed to reset heat but this one is doing it as well.

10. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    It crashes on iphone 5s with iOS 9.0.1 just freezes at startup

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's your phone. Trying doing a reset or closing out all applications and then retry.

12. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    [​IMG]

We're so excited to see Xenowerk on the big screen. You can now get it for Apple TV on the Appstore.

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  14. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Sometimes the enemies will turn invisible after playing the game for a few minutes. I thought it was just something to do with my 5c, but now it's still doing it on my 6s so I know it's not because it can't handle the graphics. Is anyone else experiencing this? And is this a bug or the intended effect?

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Some enemies have some kind of cloaking device or something. They went completely invisible though. You can still see some distortion where they are.

16. RedHanded

RedHanded Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Just got this little gem from the Holiday sale! What can I say? Pixelbite's magic is at work again!!!

You can definitely see how they took the core mechanics of Space Marshals and applied them to a run-and-gun, fast paced, combo-driven twin-stick shooter!

It's only been two days but I'm already reaching the end of the military compound (2nd environment). I'm taking things slowly, pacing myself and never move on to the next floor before I manage to get a three-star rating. So far, I gotta say, I'm having a blast!!!

Will probably chip in the IAP if only to send some much deserved support Pixelbite's way!

The Reckless Racing series, Space Marshals and now this... With a track record like yours, you just keep making 'em, I'll just keep buying 'em!!!:D

17. RedHanded

RedHanded Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Working as intended, I believe!

Mean looking bastards, walk upright, melee your face off in just a few swipes of their huge claws?

Yeah, seen them too. It's their trick: sneak up on you real quiet like and invisible then go berzerk.

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Bought it on sale, too and couldn't be happier.
    So well made and balanced. And even without story it's very atmospehric.

19. RedHanded

RedHanded Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Wait 'til you get in the construction site: the game REALLY gets tense!!! I'm only halfway through and I've already had numerous "death upon cleaning the very last room" moments.

Some mutant Champions use their powers in VERY cheap (and deadly!) combos!!! Frozen on the spot while two others spawn furious glowing yellow minions? Yup! Stuck in place while a Champion snail mutant melts you with his laser gaze of death? All the time!!!

I'm at the point where I rush out of the gate to score a 40+ kill combo and then proceed methodically to clean the map room by room with most of my powers activated!!!

Can't wait to get that Ionizer!!! :D

20. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I beat the game with the cat suit, would definitely prioritize the ionizer and the nuke. You have to step back a little bit, but it's great for clearing a room. Come in with a fast gun to clear the little guys, then lob a grenade in, repeat.

Maybe because you have to kill to power up the suit I was leery of using the powers much for a long time. But it's just a timer after you have the suit powered up. So the freeze power will free you from the ice, and increasing the damage will be helpful if you are stuck in the black hole...although I wonder if the speed boost would get you out of it? Never tried that. The damage boost is also great for racking up combos...come back for the cash later, when you see a couple rooms that are loaded, just keep on to the next room. That's also why it's good to start with a rapid fire weapon to keep your kill count alive. Some weapons can even fire through some of the doors!

It would be nice if you didn't have to hit the power up to enlarge the choices before activating a power. Makes it clunky. Oh well, it's a pretty fun game. I wish there was a bit more of an ending, but I think I got it everything because I've unlocked everything but the max level all weapons achievement—which by the way pixel byte, is totally nuts. # I have three stars on all but one or two levels and don't see much Incentive to getting them.