Universal Xenowerk (by Pixelbite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Cool! It's always nice to see devs that participate in the forums

2. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    I downloaded this game recently. Great graphics and gameplay- no probs with any of that. The issue I have is there seems to be some screen stutter (NOT the shudder effect). It happens about every 30 seconds in game, more noticeable I think with power up drops and collection. Running on an iPad Air 1. It's not heavy lag but did start to bug me a bit. Is this a known issue?

3. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Thanks for submitting this.

Could you please send us some screenshots of the issue (if possible) to [email protected] and we'll investigate the issue.

Thanks!

4. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
    Not sure I can get screenshots...does iPad Air have any screen capture built in? Anyways I'll have another look at the game and post here or email about it.

I would say it's a personal niggle- it's not very noticeable, I just have a thing about any lag/stutter. I would also say the game is outstanding- the graphics are really very good, especially for the small download size- it really shows off the iOS metal thing. And there really is quite a lot of equipment and play time...and its £1.49 !! With NO IAPs!! Amazing really.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Press the power button and home button at the same time-- don't hold it down.

6. one21gigawatts

Jul 19, 2015
    Anyone having an issue using the Steel Series Stratus? Or at the very least, am I missing the option to turn on controller support somewhere?

7. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
    Ok sorry about the delay, had to re-download it. When you say screenshots do you mean stills or video (can't do the latter). Playing again the whole animation breaks up and looks a bit jittery after the first few levels. It's not obvious at first as the screen is largely darkened. I guess on a smaller device like iPhone or faster/more RAM (Air 2) it may be smoother. Never read anyone else had a problem with it so probably just me being fussy.

8. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    This game is pretty fantastic. This is what Alien Syndrome for PSP/Wii should have been.

9. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Update?

This is one of my go to games, but it still needs some more mutants for variety/difficulty. The ending was a bit of let down too. This did tide me over until the 3rd chapter of Space Marshals, but I'm hoping the promised update adds a bit more depth so I can get some more replay time out of it.

10. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    There still seems to be a resolution issue on iPod Touch 6th, mainly to do with the font. Load screens seem to be ok but the main menu & in game font is blurry & a bit unreadable.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They mean stills. Not everyone has access to video capture, but everyone can take screenshots by pressing the Home button and the Power button on their iOS device at the same time.

12. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Oh man, Bolt Tazer is so overpowered. Good DPS, high firing rate, penetrating fire, stuns enemies, residual damage, and when you get it up to max level, it basically doesn't overheat (I haven't seen the heat gauge appear once since getting it there).

13. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks- I'll get onto that.

14. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Still screenshots would be great! Please submit them to [email protected]

Thanks!

15. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    On some devices the controller seems to only connect while the game is running. Have you tried that out?

Please let us know how this works out!

16. Carabak

Jul 29, 2015
    OK I sent some stills- Hope it helps. Anyways it's a Great game and ridiculously cheap at £1.49.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    UPDATE!!! Pixelbite=love.

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Just saw it on Appshopper.
    Would love to read what you guys think about the update.

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Holy shit, so unexpected!

20. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Been waiting for this update nice surprise for me waking up this morning. I love this game!!