Universal XenoShyft (by CMON)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 17, 2015.

1. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    We'll done! :)

2. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I finally complete wave 9 in solo mode with one division on normal difficulty, pretty easily with 12 health left on my base, and all troops left alive!. Used the Command Division, got lucky with available equipment cards and xeno deck I guess.

In wave 1 I made really heavy use of the HawkEye gun emplacement, buying it and 1 ranger whenever I could. The Hawkeye can kill many Xenos itself, with 2-4 of them you can kill the special xenos that go to the back and boost attack or defence. AND it adds to your units damage. Also used void mines.

In Wave 2 I bought Stormtroopers and medics in a 2:1 ratio. I started buying the armour that gives +1 attack if you have a weapon. (Hawkeye counts as a weapon). Wave 2 baddies are tougher but between Hawkeyes, Stormtrooper ability and Medic ability I could cut them down to size before losing many men.

In Wave 3 I bought a mix of all 3 new unit types, using Defenders to help soak up damage while giving them rocket launchers to hit back with themselves. With the weapons and armor I had, even my Wave 2 units were helpful by Wave 10. The Hyperion Assault battery's special ability went well with the Stormtroop + Hawkeye combo, allowing my stormtroopers to deal 8 damage BEFORE combat started.

3. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Sounds like a pretty good strategy!
    Did you ever tried to play this game online?
    I´m still looking for people to finally play this online.

4. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    how it looks on iphone 6+ ?

5. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Looks and plays well. I play it on both my 6+ and iPad

6. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I'm lucky enough to have a couple of cousins who are into board games, I'll be playing online with them. Never done a multiplayer game myself of this.

7. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    You can add if you want.
    Then we could play some games together!

8. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Add me as well

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Omg this game is so hard! Solo play is killing me. I don't mind playing a bunch to get good at a game but I've clocked in a ton of hands & don't feel I have any idea how to get close to a win. I really wish one of the many updates they've pushed out would allow for easier gameplay for beginners like me. Call the difficulty level "Wimp".....just give me a chance to get close!

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    You just have to adjust your expectations. I think of it like an old arcade game. You never "win" at Asteroids, but the longer you last the better your score. I've made it to the 8th wave, so my high score is 8. I'm convinced the game isn't actually winnable, but you can still have fun if you look at how long you last before losing as your score. At least until someone takes the time to properly balance the game, you can still have fun playing.

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    In my frustration I may have used the wrong word "Win". And your point is well taken. I actually meant I wish I was better at the game & had the ability to feel like I am doing well. I'm getting destroyed around wave 5-6 & have hit a wall. I'd consider getting to wave 8 a win! I've yet to feel confident with any "strategy" I've tried. Don't get me wrong. I love this darn game. I just want to be better at it.

12. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    #152 vogelmann, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    I just won my first game of Xenoshyft. Played with the science division in one lane. The science division is really nice because of the cool combos with the Hi-Ex grenades. The hive had no answers for this! What a brilliant game with some many different strategies. I hope that Cool Mini will support it for a long time! Now on to the next round, now with the weapons research division!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Worthy bump for a developer still updating their game. Latest update shrinks the size of the app. I gained a fair few extra 100mb after the update. Not sure exactly how much but im grateful anyway. Now I just need more time to play this one. Currently playing other things, it's just the nature of the backlog.

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah, and there was a post about the update by David Neumann at BGG. Iirc, this is one I was interested in when it came out, but avoided because of complaints/issues. He says the game has improved dramatically since the initial release.

15. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yeah - much recommended, but brutal card game. Lots of updates have seen bug squishes, UI tweaks and expansions (which are very cheap). The first time I won .. It was a huge sense of achievement - great game.

16. NightmareCC

Apr 30, 2014
    The only problem I have with this game is that I just can't find multiplayer games.
    I really wanna play this with other people!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

17. B1ackLotus

B1ackLotus Member

Aug 4, 2015
    More stuff on the horizon!

Hi everyone, thanks for the bump, appreciated!

As you may be aware, the XenoShyft: Dreadmire Kickstarter campaign came and went this year, so we on the digital side are currently working on a massive update to the app.

Not only will the new versions bring the Dreadmire and Cinderkin boxes' contents, we're also aiming to improve particularly how matchmaking works to make it easier to get games going online.

Thank you all for playing, see ya in the front lines!

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #158 LordGek, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    :eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AWESOME SAUCE!

While I've only briefly skimmed the Dreadmire rules, I'm looking forward to the addition of "Weather" effects. As I understand it these are global states that randomly change each round and have no DIRECT gameplay effect BUT many of our heroes and monsters will get additional powers and effects under the right conditions. Like if the weather state of "Night" (not really a weather state, but close enough) is in effect this round, flamethowers will do +1 damage.

19. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Because the flames are so bright, they dazzle you?!.....as if being burnt alive wasn't bad enough! #

Does rain reduce the damage caused by a flamethrower? That would make more sense to me.