Universal Xenoraid (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 12, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    One of my favorite shooters ever. I left a nice comment on the review. Hopefully more people will buy it and we'll get some expansions or extra features :)

2. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks! Now if we could only figure out a way to get a lot more people to see the light :)

We do hope to update the game at least once, and that update should include feature updates.

The Apple TV version is now live too, by the way. The main difference to the iOS version is that there's co-op.

3. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    If there are people on the fence about this, heads up: We just set the full game unlock IAP to go on a 50% discount ($4.99) for the period of March 13-19. That would be a pretty good time to get it! The game will be on sale on other platforms about that time as well.

4. paulmeyers

paulmeyers Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 30, 2012
    Such a fun game! I love shoot-em ups like this. The Apple TV version is my favorite due to the game controller support. Any chance you will support device syncing in the future?

5. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    This would be a dream on the Nintendo Switch! Any thoughts? :)

6. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We don't have such plans now. We do have plans to update the game once though, so that feature might be included, but in all honesty we've had quite a bit of trouble making cloud saves work without a hitch in the past.

7. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Oh yeah, definitely! We'd love to do it, and we've been trying to get a Switch dev kit for months, but we've had zero luck even getting a line of communication open with Nintendo.

8. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    That's unfortunate! Who do we write? Not kidding: I bet if enough people inquire, maybe they'll take notice.

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I'm digging this game a lot as well! I hope the dev s support it with at least a few updates! :D

10. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Dev will that last steam update hit iOS as well ?

11. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Yes, definitely. We don't have a timeline yet but we're hoping soon...

... with the slight caveat that things may be moving forward with an exciting new platform and we may need to be a bit heavy handed in how we schedule that work in :) But it's not like updating existing versions should be that big an effort, so they're probably not mutually exclusive.

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Awesome I was just trying to figure out where to get the sale, here or pc, I guess I'll get pc so I can stream it as well =]

13. Duranki

Aug 8, 2011
    Please share, when you're able!

14. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I don't get it, how is it possible this game doesn't have Mac OS version but have windows version??
    iOS & Mac OS share the same architecture so it should be so easy for you to port it over to Mac OS and tv OS right?

15. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Question about endless scoring, so I got the game on pc yesterday and took 6th place on leaderboards already =]

But 2nd place has HaLF my kills but double my score... is there a scoring machanic that I'm missing ? I see the % thing but it seems like that just goes up over time.. is there anything I'm missing as far as scoring ?

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The game is available on Apple TV. For us as a multiplatform publisher, any single port isn't typically that big a deal. But even a small deal becomes nonsensical if it looks pretty much certain we'd never make any profit from doing it. And it's not just a matter of not making any profit, it's a matter of committing resources to working on something that'll never be profitable instead of committing that resource to something potentially very profitable. And these days in the indie scene, we'd just love to work only on those profitable things to, well, stay afloat.

Mac is one of those platforms where we have very good and reliable first hand data to refer to and have a very good idea of how big an effort making and supporting that port would be. In Xenoraid's case, that math doesn't look too good. Granted, Apple TV may not be the surest fire platform either, but it's been a while since we released a new game on Apple TV and we wanted to see what's going on over there these days.

Windows, especially Steam, on the other hand is pretty much the biggest gaming market there is, so we'll definitely be doing that! And anyway, all games are Windows games during development, so that's not exactly even porting.

17. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The scoring system in Survival is indeed really straightforward. The multiplier percentage increases over time, so it basically rewards you for lasting as long as possible. The obvious implication is however, that you can just try to game the system by not actually trying to kill enemies and instead going for maximum multiplier by waiting it out. It works to an extent, you can go on for 10-15 minutes without firing a shot (we blocked the multiplier from increasing when stealthed though for precisely this reason) and get a reasonably high multiplier. But in our testing we weren't able to get significantly higher scores with this method, so ultimately it doesn't appear game breaking. You can get reasonably high scores with it though. It's really boring though, so you probably shouldn't.

We thought about changing the scoring system in the update we did, but we didn't quite have get the perfect idea for it, so we just left it as it is. For now.