Universal Xenoraid (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 12, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And I finished the game. What a fight with the final boss, what a great fight. The best part is when you finish, you get a new difficulty level for your profile, kind of a new game+. Really worth every penny.

2. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Well enjoying Xeno..
    Found this pic, it is indeed a great game to play with a controller.

[​IMG]

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, a controller would be great, but for those of us who don't have one, I can assure you that the game is doable with screen controls on an SE... At least on normal difficulty. Still have to try the hard mode :p

4. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    It's a shame the crap this game is getting on the the App Store reviews. This game, and 10tons, do not deserve that! Mostly people complaining about the controls and the fact that you have to pay to unlock the full game. So yeah, try to leave them a good review if you enjoyed this game or if you just love 10tons in general.

People are stupid. #

5. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Came in for the Neon Chrome love, stayed for the Xenoraid love. Thanks, devs, for another great game and port. If people are being dumb, hopefully a positive TA review will help with that.

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    This game is brutal and my flying thumb is raw...

...but I can't stay away. :D
    I still think the controls could be tweaked a bit but it's not stopping me from playing. Playing on an iPad Pro 12". I tried my iPhone 6-plus but my thumbs cover too much of the lower corners. I'll stick with the Pro, though my fingers no longer uncurl properly.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've just left it, but I'm on the Spanish app store, so I'm not sure it'll help too much with statistics...

If you think too much screen gets covered with your thumbs, you should try on an SE. That sure is "thumbs in the middle" :p

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Will there be more plans to add content like ships and upgradeables? Its amazing as it is but having finished the game, Id like to feel a sense of progress

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    People saying the game is behind a paywall are literally one of the major issues of what is wrong with video modern gaming.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't know why I didn't see this sooner but I just tried out the demo and it's amazing! Going to buy it now.

A tactical top down shooter is definitely new to me and I'm loving it. Seems like my fingers could get sore from the way it moves but I'll deal with it. The production values are top notch, I love the music and even the little comments the ships make while in battle.

Some things I'd wish for is movable buttons (I would put the missile button right above the main gun). Also, I REALLY would love to rename our ship pilots. I think adding more customization to the ships is the best course of action for such a strategic game to give it more appeal. Along those lines, if there was overall stat tracking (kills, damage taken, etc) that would be great. On top of that, maybe showing the amount of kills for each ship would be nice.

40 missions sounds like a lot at first but I wish there was more you could do with your pilots you've grown attached to aside from just starting a new game+, which is an amazing feature nonetheless. It basically comes down to me not wanting the game to end :) Haven't played such a great shooter in such a long time!

11. oldschool_gamer

oldschool_gamer New Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Germany
    This game looks cool

I like the art of this game. I will give it a try.

12. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Could not get past the tutorial, stuck.

13. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Stuck how? Are you finding it too hard or is the game freezing/crashing?

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Meteor blitz was one of the first games that really showed what touch controls can do. Still my favorite dual stick shooter

15. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Tells me to fire primary weapon, but no matter how many times I do, it will not move on. Stuck on broken tutorial.

16. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Great game! Glad I bought the unlock iap. Almost logged 16 hours so far

17. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    If you haven't already done so, try uninstalling the app then reinstalling. Also reset your phone/iPad (reboot).

18. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #58 10tonsLtd, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    We've heard a couple of reports about the tutorial not working for everyone. It's baffling and we're not able to reproduce it, but we have just released an update with some changes to the tutorial and crucially a "Skip tutorial" button in the Pause menu.

The update also features enlarged fire button active areas. We though about making the controls fully editable but unfortunately that'd have been a tremendously larger undertaking, mostly due to the extensive testing required to find all the edge cases where stuff would break. We hope the enlarged active area helps.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I am SO addicted to this game. It's brutal but in a good way.

The new enemy types make me rage but then when I unlock a new ship with new skills it wows me. The sound effects are incredible as well. I love the sounds the bullet-based weapons make.

This game is staying on my device! I do wish for more stuff in the future. Maybe some kind of random dungeon / level generation mode would be great and not too hard to make with random enemy waves. I feel empty when I lose all my ships at the end of each area :(

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for enlarging the touch buttons area! I think that should be enough :)