XCOM2 (Feral Interactive)?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Talbs, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Just gonna call it now...

Feral Interactive, known for some great iOS ports, have just posted a cryptic tweet of an upcoming port for iOS on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/1278705431414628353?s=20

the quotes imo point to alien invasion type themes, but not only that, check the link they posted, it literally says “.com/xx”

Seems to me like XCOM2 may be coming our way!

J05H, JasonLL and leokamiya like this.
  2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    If anyone was to port XCOM 2 to the iPad I would want it to be Feral since they may try to bring the entire experience to mobile without compromise, even if it’s just the base game. It would be a great day for sci-fi and strategy fans if that turns out to be true.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It would be nice if they updated the first game for newer devices, though.

4. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Agreed! ...but that would be up to 2K (China) and to be honest the XCOM port was “good” (probably even great for the time) but it’s no where close to what Feral would have delivered in terms of pushing the mobile devices and support. Still it’s XCOM that’s mostly intact from its big brother version so it’s still a fantastic game imo.

Feral would be an entirely different developer which makes me a bit skeptical but then again ASPYR did ’Civ VI which was a solid port although far from perfect. The big upside for Civ VI ported by Aspyr though is that there actually is steady support / expansions long after the game had been released. I feel If one of the in house 2K dev teams handled CivVI it would have been dead long ago.

It may be wishful thinking but I would love for an XCOM 2 / Feral partnership. If it does happen it would be one of the newer games they would have attempted to bring over to mobile but they would be one of the best developers for the job to bring that monster of a game to mobile fully intact. I would easily pay CIv VI prices for a full on XCOM 2 that isn’t afraid to push the latest Apple devices.

5. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #5 JasonLL, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Other guesses from the Reddit iOSgaming topic have been:

Warhammer: Dawn Of War and Alien Isolation

although most people are in the same boat as Talbs crossing their fingers hoping that it’s the next XCOM. :D

... those new Apple devices ranging from 512gb - 1tb storage are looking awfully tempting right about now.

pathogen541 likes this.
  6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Good point: I forgot the first one was 2K.

7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    It would be the wettest of my dreams if they brought Dawn of War to iOS. Such an absolutely awesome RTS

JasonLL likes this.
  8. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    It seems likely since Company Of Heroes is now part of the Feral iOS catalog and Dawn Of War is a spiritual successor of sorts. Warhammer has a pretty significant history on the AppStore with quite a few high quality games over the years and DoW will definitely be a centerpiece in the iOS Warhammer catalog and it may be argued that it might garner more attention on iOS where the marketplace for high quality premium RTS games is quite sparse compared to the desktop PC (same goes for Total War Warhammer).

If DoW isn’t the upcoming tease I definitely hope to see it part of the Feral catalog in the future.

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    im gonna make a sacrifice to the gods of chaos and throw myself into the warp in the hopes that this will happen. Seeing Tau XV-88 battlesuits tearing up Space Marines on my iPad would be INCREDIBLE.