Universal XCOM 2 Collection (by Feral Interactive Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Nov 4, 2020.

1. BazizzleHizzle

BazizzleHizzle Active Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    Add my vote to that list as well, please. I’d gladly sacrifice a little more storage for even better performance. I’d always stay updated to the current version regardless of file size.

2. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    thank you for the response. Im looking forward to future updates and also new titles.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    .......but Ed just said it’s not a straight performance (I think you mean graphics) vs storage....there’s other factors...

I for one definitely don’t want better graphics if it’s going to mean even more battery drain, which it no doubt will mean. IMO this game is already at the limits of an acceptable battery drain rate.

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I was asking the same,since storage for me it’s not a problem,I’ve 330gb free in a new iPhone 12 Pro Max 512gb model,maybe since it’s not only storage issue,but also performance and battery,would be good to have a graphics option menu,in which the players can choose to activate shadows,lighting,knowing that the performance will be lower..Also I will love to get Achievements,Game Center or your own achievements to get more objects to do..by the way the game it’s amazing,my Game of the year for sure,excellent job!!

JasonLL likes this.
  5. achilles1984

Jan 7, 2011
    Excatly. I think it´s the only way to ensure that both parties (protecting battery, stable fps, short loading times <> nicer visuals, shadows) are happy. If it´s feasible give us the option to change the graphic settings by ourself in the future. Also some achievements would be a nice upgrade to an already great game. If you are on the fence people, do yourself a pleasure and buy the game. The work from feral on this port is amazing and our wishes are only whining on a high level. The loading times for saves are the best I experienced on all platforms I tried (Xbox one, switch). It´s really convinient to load the last save in a speed of light when you messed up in a mission. And believe me, thats happening fewer or later to anyone. Great game, go and buy it ;)

JasonLL and AltsKev like this.
  6. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I already both at launch,I preorder XCOM 2 Collection time ago,cause Feral Interatctive as premium game with no IAP and support for update it’s a Warranty

7. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    My heart cries to see the reviews on Apple store, the day after the game came out, it had 4.5 stars, including my 5 star review, yesterday I looked, and with regret it now has 2 stars, because there are 6 reviews from 1 star, the reason? because unfortunately most people look under compatibility instead of looking at the description of the app and the devices supported by the developers, this is a trend that has always been there, and the worst thing is that the developers can not do anything about it, because it's Apple that does it, I very much hope they get a refund and then correct the review, once a game of this caliber comes out, that is hardly ever, it's a real shame!

Mythbuster, AltsKev and Talbs like this.
  8. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    No, I meant I’m okay with whatever the game needs from me to keep it running smoothly on my device. Graphics, storage, battery time, enchilada. I’m deeply invested in this game, and I meant I would gladly sacrifice whatever resources necessary on my end to continue to optimize and improve upon the experience.

9. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    This game is absolutely fantastic... I know I said it once, but it needs to be said again! How they got this working on a phone is nothing short of incredible!

AltsKev, JasonLL and ste86uk like this.
  10. achilles1984

Jan 7, 2011
    @edddeduck_feral one more question. I saw that on steam there is a dlc "War of the Chosen - Tactical Legacy Pack" out. Will this maybe included in the future? I would also pay for the extra dlc without hesitation.

11. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Are some PC mods compatible, kinda like Civ 6 for iOS? Would love to have some of the health bar numbers info.

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I highly doubt it came on iOS,WOTC Tactical Legacy Pack was an esclusive On PC only,I got it on PC,but never came to Console since the team don’t exist anymore,there some new cosmetics,maps and others good stuff..but it will welcome on iOS I agree on that..

13. achilles1984

Jan 7, 2011
    Thank you for the update. I didn´t knew it was exclusive. I hope that feral works his magic and release it on ios. Of course as paid dlc for the effort ;)

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So they got a game like this running on iOS, do you think others will bother? I’d love Divinity 2

jkluk23 likes this.
  15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    ste86uk likes this.
  16. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I hope Too,I remember it was a huge content,that in 2017 on Steam you get for free as a thank you by the developers and then 2 months later put as a paid DLC for 8$,there was 28 new maps,lot of costumization,and the ability to change Soundtrack from XCOM 2,XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN and a brand new soundtrack inspired by the first game XCOM UFO-DEFENSE..then New Weapons,Armors..it was a lot of content,that alone was a massive size.. If Feral can say we have a chance to get it,it’s welcome

achilles1984 likes this.
  17. edddeduck_feral

edddeduck_feral Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback and requests. Nothing to report but I can confirm we've noted them all down :)

18. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    A Graphics option in menu,with Shadows,lighting,and other effects that the player can choose if sacrifice the performance to get some better graphics,to turn them on off would be really good..also achievements

JasonLL likes this.
  19. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    #99 BazizzleHizzle, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    A few issues since that update. I’ve frozen twice and have sent three crash logs, for a grand total of five lengthy reloads. iPhone X, iOS 14.2, all the other necessary stuff that should run it. Specifically it seems to crash out every time I kill an Andromedon the first time & trigger the animation where it switches to its second form. At least on the specific map & mission I’m on. If you need more detailed information on the game parameters around this seeming bug, let me know and I’ll load back in & get whatever more specific information you may need to have.

Not grousing so much as letting you know, my friend. Hope whatever is hanging dorks like me up won’t be too hard a fix for you.

20. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    If the game is crashing at the same point, please use the dialog that appears the next time the game is launched to email our support team. This email will automatically attach the saved game data, so please provide steps to recreate the crash and we can look into it.