Universal XCOM 2 Collection (by Feral Interactive Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Nov 4, 2020.

1. edddeduck_feral

edddeduck_feral Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2016
    The game is the collection and it includes the War Of The Chosen content by default. If you find it hard then using the advanced options on the starting difficulty screen to give yourself extra time and extra health. I would also select the easiest difficulty while you’re at it.

2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Won my first mission will soldiers automatically heal if wounded?

JasonLL likes this.
  3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    On that, can we turn The War of the Chosen off or not? And how? I didn’t see what I though could do that in the advanced options.

4. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I think you can took me a while to figure it out though I don’t know much about the game as I’m brand new to this one but I just launched an Simple other campaign

5. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Congrats! Soldiers will heal automatically after a certain number of days depending on how badly damaged they are. They will also suffer fatigue from time to time and will need to sit out for awhile.

War Of The Chosen can’t be deactivated with the game currently. Only the “lost and abandoned” tutorial can be toggled from what I see.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That’s what I think as well. I saw no option.

7. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    The intro at start of thread seems to rule out the ipad pro 2016 9.7", but in the store it says will run on this ipad. Anyone had any luck?

8. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    It won’t run on the first generation iPad Pro.

The XCOM 2 Collection is a demanding game: not all iPhones and iPads can run it. A full list of supported devices can be found on our website or the App Store description section.

The App Store does not allow us to block unsupported devices from purchasing the game. If you purchased the XCOM 2 Collection on an unsupported device, we recommend that you follow the instructions on this page to request a refund from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/HT204084

9. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    I have a 2016 iPad Pro 12.9 inch and despite the warning that it isn't supported, the game runs just fine for me.

10. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    In the description in the App Store the 9.7” is not mentioned.

11. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Correct it is not supported.

This device isn't supported, this is due to the older hardware and high resolution screen meaning performance levels don't meet the standards we require for official support. You can however play the game but we cannot offer any support as the hardware just doesn't have the performance levels needed for a game as complex as XCOM 2 especially on the later more complex levels.

Other devices that are under spec will be blocked completely as they don't have enough system memory to play the game, devices that are blocked include the iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 9.7 first gen. The iPhone 7 & 8 Plus are supported however as they have more system memory available.

To check if your device is supported make sure you read the App Store description text or this page on the Feral website.

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/ios-games/xcom2collection/devices/

Peter321 likes this.
  12. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    I seem to be having an issue with cloud saves. I played through about 1.5 hrs on my iPad Pro, then loaded it up on my 5th gen mini to continue. I was prompted if I wanted to use local saves or iCloud saves. Once I chose iCloud saves, I went to load a game and found no saves at all. I then returned to my Pro to be prompted with the same message about local vs. cloud saves. I chose cloud saves and then found that all of my saves were now wiped. Not a huge deal, but just wondering what/if I'm doing anything wrong. I've also tried giving it a couple minutes to perhaps sync all of my information, but no luck there either.

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I am an Xcom fan since the first old one.

I didn’t know it was supposed to be released soon and happened to be awake at midnight on the day of the release when I saw it on the store.

I have been playing a lot this one since it was released: it is really a solid port and has all the expansions.

The thing I like the most is the loading times, maybe it’s because the game is simplified but it is noticeably loading faster than on my computer (and yes I have a SSD) or maybe the loading times were patched later.

I had forgotten the mutons had melee invulnerability ... RIP my ranger

The only issue I have (aside from an odd bug where one of my character disappeared) is the battery usage if you do not play while charging.

14. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    Please contact support using the in-game support and we'll be able to offer you direct 1:1 assistance with your problem.

Glad you like the game and the loading times. :) Just to clarify the game content is identical to the original desktop/console release. The visuals are optimised for your specific mobile device so will look closer to the lower settings on desktop but all of the actual content including the procedurally generated mission map feature is identical to the original. You can even copy over your desktop save games if you wanted.

15. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    You have my sympathy...I’ve been there before (with my A-team ranger no less).

16. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Oh my god. I had three rulers killed. Two chosen killed. Everything was cruising. I go to start the game and it pops up about “local save is different than cloud save” so I use my Apple Pencil to hit keep local save but it misclicked and hit sync with iCloud save.

one save left. Turn 1 mission 1. All of my progress gone. Tens of hours gone. Sigh.

17. BazizzleHizzle

BazizzleHizzle Active Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    52AF4156-BE5A-429B-B128-D9261453163A.jpg Man. I don’t know how well you guys know the symbols for the villains on this pop-up score card. And I don’t know how much crazier the endgame is gonna be, relative to this it looks to be off the chain tough. This is by far the toughest one I’ve ever pulled out though I had to bid poor Sparky adieu and have to build out another. Sucks too because I had just unlocked the “plow through it all like a hot knife through butter” skill for old Spark.

18. BazizzleHizzle

BazizzleHizzle Active Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    That came up blurry, I maybe uploaded it too small. Suffice it to say it was something, took every bit of an hour, maybe more, I couldn’t say.

19. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    #79 achilles1984, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    @edddeduck_feral

First I want to thank you for a great port. I love this game and to have it on the go is amazing. One thing which was mentioned in the review on toucharcade was the possibilty of new updates. Could it principially be possible that with an extra voluntary downlaod - which likely will increase the game size even more - we receive a little better textures and maybe shadows depending on the I-device we use? Do you plan or do you think that the storage problem on ios devices was in some kind an obstacle for even more improved visuals. Maybe only a download to have a little bit crispier video sequences. It seems to me that the switch version looks a little bit better (has shadows). I also know that the switch version is much heavier storage wise. Is that the only reason? Nonetheless, i don't want to diminish your performance. The loading times are impressive compared to other versions. Keep up the great work.

P.s.: I´m fighting against the aliens on an Iphone XR ;)

20. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    @achilles1984 Thanks for the kind words, we always maintain and improve our games post release. XCOM 2 is an extremely complex game so additional graphics isn't just a storage issue (which is an issue with a game this huge) but also a matter of performance, battery life and thermals.

The game already has customised settings per device so every iPhone and iPad has settings based on that specific model however adding more choice for users is always something we do when possible. GRID Autosport for example that comes with Graphics, Performance and Battery Saver modes. Some iPadPro models even have a 120fps Performance plus mode. :D

I don't have anything else to share but it is a popular request and I have added your voice to the list :)

athros and achilles1984 like this.