Universal XCOM®: Enemy Within (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sapphire_neo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    I played the first one for about 100 hours on my iphone 5 and i never had a problem. Its a turn based strategy so you can take your time to pan and zoom if need be :)

2. thatssopanda

thatssopanda Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Developer
    United States
    No longer available in US stores. Not sure what happened.

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Can someone confirm that maps have been removed from "Enemy Unknown"? If yes, then maybe we have a problem because it will change the total length of the original game. But on the other hand, maybe we are getting new maps with more interesting.

4. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    does anyone else can't hear the voices when cotumizing soldiers ? voice 1 voice 2 voice 3 etc etc I can't hear anything

5. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yes, this time around we get armor customization!

I've never played Enemy Within, so I bought it without a second thought, however, I agree with the above, for people not interested I the additional content, there should be continued support for Enemy Unknown.

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #106 heringer, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    edit: nevermind

7. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    ive only an ipad mini :) bad luck, 2K :)

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Anyone know how to change a soldier's voice language? Like how make a Japanese soldier speak in Japanese instead of perfect English?

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is one of the things that were added in EW, but that might not be present in the iOS version, due to storage constraints. Would be nice with a confirmation to the opposite effect :)

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I sent them a tweet regarding the language localization of the soldiers. Hope they reply

11. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    #111 Savant, Nov 13, 2014
    I have waited a long time for this - Customizations baby! :)

[​IMG]

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Another problem i found was that I couldn't grt it to log into Facebook. The prompt to allow it appears and that's it

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well finally! I woke up twice while sleeping just to check if it would work. Now I can begin this crazy long installation..

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    It seems that on my ipad air there is a small graphic boost from EU. The soldiers now have shadows, better armor texturing and i am not 100% sure but it seems also to have a small boost (around 10%) on environment (textures and lighting) but nothing that change dramatically the ''feeling'' from EU... All in all welcome additions!

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    GUYS!

I can't believe it but I think they fixed the slow scroll issue!

The scrolling is really fast now. I'm only in the first mission but I can definitely tell the difference.

Also one major difference in EW is that all countries are accessible from the start. That's actually quite big and changes the game a lot.

16. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    #116 djiwai, Nov 13, 2014
    I'm already reporting some bugs. first, none of the soldiers have a voice even with the related option activated. and at the second part of the tutorial, on the docks, not only the aircraft's engine is still humming loudly, but I got stuck when moving the heavy right after the two first greys were taken down: I was told the same part of the tutorial for aiming and couldn't do anything as no enemy were around anymore. this is only the beginning of the game and I hope the rest is not filled with bugs like these. next time I'll begin a game without the tutorial... but damn the lack a soldier voices is pissing me...

edit: oh, and the appstore says that XCOM EW is at version 1.0.0 but I have a v1.0.1 on my device. what is this ?

17. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    If you enable Tutorial it would still restrict you to US and Europe at the start..

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh damn had no idea. I'm not familiar with how they work. I just auto skipped the tutorial since I played it before. Maybe it's like that in the original? Sorry!

19. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    please guys, tell me you have the soldiers voices during missions ? it may be a localization bug I don't know, my device is set to french, if US players don't have the problem it may be easy to fix

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    As far as the first mission, I had voices (you mean when telling characters to move?). I'll see if they're in there the second mission.

I'm currently using the US / English iOS settings.