Universal XCOM®: Enemy Within (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sapphire_neo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    2K could also clarify the app description per my questions. Dammit

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #82 Candykiller, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    I've only played for around an hour so far, but I'm pretty sure it is the whole of Enemy Unknown with all the additional stuff included.

3. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    The uniforms are highly customizable, with the helmets and stuffs, things missing from eu.

4. marker1c

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    you dont need to retain enemy unknown if you have this.

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    How do the graphics compare to the first one... Better or the same? Thanks!

6. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Wait is anything missing from this port to make the transition to ios? I have it on pc but thinking of uninstalling it and playing on my iPad or iphone to save 13gigs of space on my pc. I go all OCD about games that don't have all the content.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, this is just what I was looking for. Now I need to free up space to be able to install it...

8. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Yahooo! And yeah - I searched google to find out if there might be something missing from Enemy Unknown if I go start straight away with Enemy Within and threads explain that it's more like a major content patch for Diablo than an actual sequel: new story subplots independent of the original story plot, new MEC unit, new upgrades for soldiers, new weapons, and new enemy units. So it's like starting a new game but with more content and customization in it! There is no need to retain nor continue playing in Enemy Unknown now that this has been released! :)

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Back on Google Play

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's great! Now if only the game would download..

It's going to be a pain loading and reloading to try and get the countries/genders I want for my characters. And then getting the right class too. Took me over an hour last time just for a few units :/

11. marker1c

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Yes with the correct pricing.

12. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hahaha - I also spent a fair amount of time trying to think of worthwhile and realistic names and callsigns! We are too OC! :)

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welp...I said I wasn't gonna buy this, but look what I've gone and done. :/ I dunno, it just seems wrong to have a brand spanking new 128 GB iPhone 6 and not say "3 GB? HAH! That's nothing!". I just hope we'll be getting delta updates, rather than having to download 2 GBs time and time again.

14. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    So did they fix the issues Enemy Unknown has? Like slow camera pan and such? How's the game holding up on iphone 5s?

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey well if you're gonna get "attached" to them, gotta make them lovable right? :D

Aside from the crazy battery drain that was my only complaint. I assume they did the slow pan because they thought people needed more "precision"? I'm not too sure why they went with that.

==

I have a question, does anyone know if there are helmets you can use for the mech units and when can you get them if so? This is personal preference but I am a huge fan of robots but these mechs are some of the ugliest designs I've ever seen. They all look like exaggerated body builders with tiny heads. A helmet is desperately needed (for me) to make them look normal. I just don't like their look. And since units can't change classes I don't want to have to keep staring at midget heads :)

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Short question: If I start a new game, where starts the new content? First missions seems to be exact the same as in EU ... Thanks!

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Or in my day, it would be called a "Gold" edition. Wonder how they managed to add missions with additional graphics resources and voiceovers when I had thought the Enemy Unkown already about maxed Apple's file-size limit.

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Be careful. I spent 6 bucks on it at 34mb before i realised it was just a tutorial. Add that to the game which is now out it cost me 24 bucks all up with a fairly unnecessary guide.

19. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Hmmmm, no option to get this discounted if we already own XCOM - EU and paid 19.99 for the thing?

20. moscamax

moscamax New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    iphone 6 plus

Hi
    anyone with an iPhone 6 PLUS has already tested the game??
    I do not have an iPad and I'd like to play it on my iphone but not so sure that this is a good idea...

thanks
    Max