Universal XCOM®: Enemy Within (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sapphire_neo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Its 64 bit !

But they didnt even bother updating the description, still says "will not work with iOS 11"

#

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I'll answer my own, since the chances are that everyone likely just has this on backlog lol.

Updated and played again. On 6+ iOS 9.3.3. Runs well, and actually there may be a slight benefit to the battery. It didn't seem to get as hot as I remember it getting in the past. And I played for around, I think, 2.5 hours with charge going from 55 to 18 in that time. Still bad, but surprisingly I think that's actually a touch better than before.

TLDR; OMG operation forgotten moon

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Haven't played it long enough to know if battery consumption has changed since the 64 bit update but I was actually coming here to ask others if they've noticed an improvement in load times and frame rate, both in cut scenes/intro and in game as well? I'm running on a 6S with 10.2 and haven't played for a couple of months so hard to say for certain but I'm sure it's running more smoothly than it was before. Might just be me, not sure.

4. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Downloaded! Can't wait to replay this on an iPhone X! I never beat classic iron man, and the times now. Hope they add another update: the one with different voices of different countries .

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Im quite happy with this port
    And especially delighted with the 64bit update,sadly i’ve erased my save files and the app when i update to ios 11

I think it wont getting any content update since this port was done closed 2k studio in china if im not mistaken

Hopefully 2k will port xcom 2 in the near future
    And hopefully my device is enough to play it
    Still rockin 2015 ipad pro....

It’s hard now to kustify buying a new ios device since they are so durable

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Give them a couple years, they'll update it. ;)

7. BenFace13

BenFace13 New Member

Sep 23, 2017
    Was pretty excited about this until I downloaded onto my new 8+ running iOS 11 and can’t get past the first menu screen??

Just gets stuck on this, can’t click anything...

Any ideas? Tried deleting and re-installing, tried hard reset of phone, nothing. Works fine on my ios11 iPad 10.5!

Attached Files:

8. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Xcom on iOS updated?

Hi there, I had Xcom on my iPhone 6+ I was aware that the game needed a update for 64 bit support so when I updated my iPhone to iOS 11 and started the game I received notification that the developer needed to update their app so I removed it from my phone but a day later I read on TA that the game was updated to iOS 11 so I try to reload the game and I try more than 8 times to download the game but when it is almost done downloading I received a message that the game can’t be downloaded so what’s the issue I cleared some 7GB of free space so isn’t the game not updated yet in contrary what I read on TA the info about compatibility states that it is playable on my phone ��

9. boydstr

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #729 boydstr, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Mabey

10. boydstr

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #730 boydstr, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Maybe they have some technical issues when they want to updated the game to iOS 11 look at my post about unable to download the game again so maybe that’s the reason I cannot download the game and that you have those issues.

11. boydstr

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Mabey they did it on purpose because I can’t redownload the game on iOS 11 I received message that the game can’t be downloaded.

12. LokkenJP

LokkenJP Member

Jan 17, 2012
    #732 LokkenJP, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Hi.

Just got a notification of a NEW update to XCOM:EW for iOS (it is now version 1.3.0).
    Patch description is still the same as the previous 64bit (1.2.0) version: Updated to 64-bit for iOS 11.

Given that it ran pretty nicely on my iPhone 6s with last week update (a hair smoother and maybe even with some battery improvements), anyone has any idea what could they have modified?
    Now that I've finally got it working on ios 11, I'm a bit worried that 2K messed up something up with the new 1.3...

Regards

L

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    havent had any success downloading it either and i think crappy ios 11 is part of why, it's messed up my downloads so much since updating
    this morning it updated so I will try again now that I am on 11.1

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Anyone having any joy with this on iOS 11 and an iPhone 8+? Just got my new phone today, having committed to accepting iOS 11 now that there’s a 64 bit update to XCOM - restored my new phone from my 6S backup, clicked the XCOM app, skipped the intro trailer and get to a menu screen with a black background, no graphics, and all the menu buttons are frozen. Checking the game on the App Store gives me a link with photos but nothing else, no info or details of any kind? I’m going to be seriously pissed if they don’t manage to get it running on iOS 11 after all! :mad:

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Bump. Anyone confirm if they’re having the same issue as I’ve posted above on iOS 11.0 and an iPhone 8+?

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I’ve got it running on iOS 11 but different hardware (iPad) no iPhone 8 here to test with.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You say you restored. If I were you, I'd delete and reinstall. It usually works that way.

18. crazychimp

crazychimp Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Just tested on my 8+ and have the same problem, mine was setup as a new phone. It seems like an issue with the new hardware, possibly Apples own GPU as it ran fine on my iPhone 7 with iOS 11. I've had graphics issues on a few other games since switching to the 8+.

19. LokkenJP

LokkenJP Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Sorry, I've only tested it with my 6s+ and it works fine. No 8 to test around here.

Seems an Apple issue to me with the new graphics hardware. I'd contact them via the feedback or the support options. Not that they will fix it for you in the spot, but will probably take note for a future iOS update (prob. a driver issue).

Regards

L

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Thanks for everyone’s replies - so it seems it is an issue with the new iPhones only then. As suggested above, I’ve tried a clean install of the game and the same issue occurs. I’ll feedback to Apple/2K but as someone else mentioned, I won’t hold my breath - got a feeling it’ll be a loooooong wait until (read: if) it gets sorted. :mad: