Universal XCOM®: Enemy Within (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sapphire_neo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Pretty much sums up why I will no longer be investing in the appstore.

Tired of seeing games just disappear from my Purchased list, especially ones I've paid for and not got round to playing. Also apps will be removed if the developer decides not to bother paying for the Dev programme anymore.

You won't see this madness on PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I fully agree with you,this is the end pretty much but I'll still buy what I can cause i won't be updating since my device is not compatible with iOS 11,suggesting other people to do the same.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Wow, 2K really do suck when it comes to iOS, don't they?

Apple don't make it easy for developers, I agree, but I guess we should see the 64-bit requirement as a new generation, like Sony abandoning the PS3 for PS4. Ultimately, it might end up ensuring we get better games. Might.

That said, I don't update my OS unless I get a compelling reason. Still on iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 (and iPad Mini), and would probably rather get a new battery rather than a new phone in the next year or two.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Price drop.....hmmmm...the optimist in me thinks that maybe this is a sign that 2K are about to update it to 64bit......unfortunately the much louder, shouting cynic in me thinks this is a last minute cash grab before the inevitable demise of 32bit apps.

Either way, I'm on iOS 10.2 with the tvOS profile installed on my iPad and iPhone so no forced updates for me - I'm sticking where I am until my next phone upgrade in a year or two. ##

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I doubt it gets updated. 2K closed down their mobile developer studio years ago.

6. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    The price drop on this and Civ Rev kills me. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but this seems SO slimy. Trying to get as much cash as possible from people who won't be able to play the games soon...they should be ashamed.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It's crazy how many 32 bits have went on sale in last few weeks it's a crime and a sham since most have shown no sign of an update coming
    Bad biz

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I think Apple needs to step in here. It's there store and they have some responsibility to make sure their customers aren't getting screwed over.

9. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    I think this is a good oppoetunity for people to get these apps cheap even if you only get some limited mileage.
    By now everyone who buys those games (so NOT casual gamers) knows about the ios 11 problems.
    Dont think it is such a scam as you guys say it.
    What would be the other option?keep them high priced?who does that benefit?

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #690 Nullzone, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Manners please, and a return to good order.
    In other words: If you want to discuss the merits of discounts, open another thread. Not here.

UPDATE: Forgot that one in the middle of the night: Avaniar, thanks for being a voice of reason.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I don't disagree as long as the buyer is fully aware of the situation before they make the purchase. Maybe a big red warning next to the purchase button saying warning this app might not work in iOS 11 unless it's updated. Now you'll get the warning after you make the purchase. #

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Those devs who have no plans to upgrade to 64 bit due to certain reason fine. But they should make the app FREE. Contribute back to the society! And not just discount it. #

13. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Would the casual iOS user really know these apps won't work after upgrading to 11? I don't think so.

This is so damn slimy. Looking to get a quick buck in before they drop the bomb.

14. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Hmm

Would the casual IOS user buy X-com? I don't think so.

But one thing I must say, all apps on the appstore should have two things, one is a mention to the fact that it is 32 or 64 bits. But I would go further and have all app pages of 32 bit apps say on the description, right at the beginning in caps "THIS IS A 32-bit APP WHICH WILL NOT WORK ON IOS 11".
    And Apple could and should do that by themselves. This should have started when ios 10 came out, not now.
    But that is my two cents, and enough of this on an x-com thread.
    The game is so awesome it is worth 3 dollars for the time between now and getting ios 11. Don't think anyone here disagrees.

15. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I bought this game for $3 on a previous sale, but had no idea about the 64-bit requirement. Seems most devs have known about the 64-bit requirement, since mid-2015, and yet they keep selling their 32-bit product without warning.

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale again, no update in sight.

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Not expecting an update but fingers crossed. Hands down the best game I've played on iOS. A real console experience on mobile.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Omg yes!! This game was a major factor in my upcoming decision to go for an iPhone 8 when's it comes. Great news! Though no date, hmmm

Pity about Ace patrol and pirates though.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #700 currymutton, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Reservation: Really? Fingers crossed people!

Edit: fortunately, we still have Aliens vs. Human