Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Some tips I can give are-

1.Always keep the engineering and resarch busy,If possible spend most of all your money before the month ends,keep around 30-40$ for emergencies.

2.Buy satelites if possible build as many at once as you can,Oreder upto 7 of them if you have the money because they're critical to your sucess.

3.You have to setup interceptions by accessing the hangar from where you can do it easily,Have atleast 2 of them in every continent for the start.And if you ahevthe money then install all 4 in every continent.Having interception decreases difficulty dramatically helps you to keep panick in check.

4.If you have just started the game then a squad of 4 will be available,Put a heavy,sniper,assault and Importantly a support soldier in it.Equip your soldiers with a medipac each in the beginning and buy better armor as it's immediately available.

5.Build your labs adjacent to each other,Most importantly setup as many uplink facilities as you can beside each other.Plan the construction carefully.

6.Always take cover and make small steps or moves,Don't go rambo or you'll get your soldiers killed.A sniper can be far away from an enemy and still be effective.An assualt soldier should be closest to enemy followed by heavy,support and sniper.

2. peekyboy

peekyboy New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    yeah this is awesome game, up there with Civ Rev in my opinion as one of finest iPad strategy games. no 2 games are the same as it randomises everything

3. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Quite possibly the greatest strategy game of all time,I usually give up on crappy ports like this but this game has got me hooked like no other,I just wish the port was atleast playable.Though I wouldn't suggest the portable version to anyone specially in it's current state,Pc is where it's at.:)

4. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Would like to get some multiplayer matches going again if anyone is interested...

Besides myself, I know there are some others around here that still play or would like to play.

GameCenter: (Twenty-One)

And to echo the sentiments above, yes, this is one of the better strategy games overall and probably the best on iPad! The amount of replay value with the randomized single player plus multiplayer is fantastic!

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I haven't even touched on MP yet... I don't feel like I'm good enough to try and take an actual human on just yet. But if you wanna add me for some games in the future...

My GC name is 'syntheticvoid'

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Still seeing a lot of people complaining about this game crashing. Helpful hint - even if you're playing on current gen hardware it is wise to close down all other apps and restart your idevice before playing. Tedious I know but it helps a lot. Play on an air with little to no problems. Used to play in ipad mini all the time with little to no problems. Close other apps, restart idevice.

7. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    This is my second time playing this game and I swear it's better than anything out there. I just wanted to say I'm really amazed at this game. Once you figure out how to slow down & overwatch almost every turn you can really do damage & build a strong team. It's simply brilliant!

I hope there are other games coming out in this genre that will be this good or at least close.

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Hopefully Enemy Within is coming next...

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, there's The Banner Saga now, so the genre is definitely doing great on iOS.

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Few things I'd want more for my iOS device.

In the case of The Banner Saga, the genre, yes, the small-screen interface, not so much ;)

(Hopefully, the game will sell well notwithstanding. Would be a shame if Stoic's self-fulfilling prophecy dissuaded other developers from porting their TBS titles, a genre which is comparably so very easy to port.)

11. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    The Devs said, they have no plans unfortunately

12. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    fingers crossed they change their minds

13. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Same here, but it's has to do with apple limiting app sizes. If there was no limit on the AppStore, I am sure we would have seen more(bigger) ports.

14. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    tried this on iphone 6 plus and there seem to be graphical glitches in game. Anyone know if an update is on the way?

15. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    how does this look on an iphone 6?

16. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Look's great on iPad 4

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Does anyone here have impressions on how it plays on the 4s?

i recently bought Banner Saga, and though the graphics and the text didn't bother me, the loading times were too long (30 seconds to 1 minute for every change of screen) so i had to refund it.

So, anybody with impressions on 4s? especially in comparison to Banner Saga? loading times / ui / overall enjoyability? and is it still crashing like when it came out?

18. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    One answer, 512MB RAM on 4S is not enough.
    That's why you have so much loading times on Banner Saga.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It ran more or less fine on my 4S when I first bought and installed it, but I don't remember if it was iOS 6 or 7.

For Xcom to perform well on my 4S, I had to close all tasks and reboot phone to clear memory. Of course, with usable memory on its limits, if you receive a phone call or several mails while playing, the game is bound to crash.

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So is there voice acting for almost all of the dialog in this game? Also, does it have a good story?
    Thanks