Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. sweetsedation

sweetsedation Member

Sep 7, 2012
    hmmm. my wins on ranked matches arent being added to the leaderboards.

2. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    That's also one of reasons I don't play multiplayer anymore, every third or forth match was actually synchronizing with Game Center.Why fight for top places in leaderboard when matches aren't even being recorded properly.
    I even sent them detailed reports for multiplayer bugs and they sent me back to screenshot them ( yeah I will screenshot bug with soldiers moving and leaderboards not synchronizing ,whatever... ) and told me to specify what console / PC I'm using ( even though I submitted ticket under iPad/ IPhone devices and wrote in bug report what device and iOS I'm using).
    To top this they even sent me mail month later to rate if I was satisfied with support, deleted it before I had a chance to write something I would regret later

3. sweetsedation

sweetsedation Member

Sep 7, 2012
    ahh i guess it's still not that big of an issue for me.
    i suppose the main draw of multi is still its gameplay, irregardless of the leaderboards(not game breaking imo for multi).
    been having back-to-back private games with edmilan non-stop and random private games with people i've met on ranked matches.

just feel that it's a 'waste' to give up on multi over the leaderboard bug yup. (not being condescending, egoistical, telling you what to do etcetc)

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    +1 i'm still in for the gameplay espcially multiplayer and although some people take the leaderboards seriously, personally i rarely look at it.

@sweetsedation: time to hide that last thin man harharhar lol

5. sweetsedation

sweetsedation Member

Sep 7, 2012
    @ed: NEVER!!! hahaha. that double stim alloy build is sick. i use it too, but with a battle scanner instead of a sj(i think you had an sj or medic. cant rm)
    ps: didnt realise it's my turn too! game center didnt prompt

6. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yep. SJ to augment the stims :)

7. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #1527 Edmilan, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    It's at it again. Lost all my saved teams, now im gettin stuck all over, with lot of "connecting to server" bugs when i turned of data and wifi so it should already say "failed. Did a restore of the phone before this happened. I'm gonna do a reinstall of the app or if needed, restore the phone again

Edit: ok it kinda worked after a restart of the phone lol. Hope it sticks this time and my saved squads don't get auto deleted

8. prasantha60

prasantha60 Well-Known Member

I made my dissection I am not going to buy this game, 1st its too expensive, 2ed as read in this thread there are too many bugs, if its was like 2$ or something I at least consider buying the game sorry dude :( change u r rice

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Cheapskate detected!

$2 For a Big-name Game?

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    +1
    We need to support the devs if we want AAA quality games on iOS like this one

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I was tempted to pick this up with the sale price and all but I think I'll hold off until some of the bugs are worked out as I still haven't upgraded to a Retina Mini yet and I won't be playing it on my 5S.

12. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Lol +1

13. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I played and beat with no bug issues. Paid twenty bucks and loved it

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If you can't pay top dollar for games like this, how did you afford your premium idevice? The only people I can think of who want this for $2 or less are kids, which is understandable. Or non-fans of the series.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

Since I don't currently have it installed:

1) Are there leaderboards for solo play?
    2) Do the Second Wave options modify the score? Basically, if I take on some of the NASTIER handicapping Second Wave options, am I at least getting some sort of end game multiplier?

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Look like it's my phone. I'm losing some stuff on other apps too. Am planning on doing a fresh restore since the last one wonked it. Will my saved games in multiplayer still work after the restore? Since i've had a history of the app saying to play the particular online match on "the same device" when it actually is the same

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I got it on the $10 sale and loving every minute of it!

18. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Me too!

Hoping for the add-ons plus expansion!!

19. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I haven't noticed any leaderboards while playing the game, and I can't see it needing any for solo play..

For me, it's all about the fantastic gameplay, and I can't see the point of a leaderboard as such.

Don't know about multiplayer, but even there, isn't it more about having some fun games against mates than leaderboard position in a game of this nature?

20. sweetsedation

sweetsedation Member

Sep 7, 2012
    @lordgek :
    1. yup there's a leaderboard for solo play.
    2. not too sure about that but the leaderboard is pretty varied in terms of points.

@edmilan :
    ah crap. how many matches do you have running atm?