Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They just released 1.4.0
    Patch notes just say "Stability improvements"

2. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Anyone having problems playing on iPad mini after the latest update?

3. Outrager

Sep 14, 2012
    I actually went through 3-4 missions on 1.3.0 with no crashes on my mini, but I updated to 1.4.0 and was in my base upgrading my soldier's skill tree and it crashed.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Currently Installing the 1.4.0

Hope its gonna be stable

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    How is it working out?

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Did they improve performance for the iPad 2/Mini?

7. Outrager

Sep 14, 2012
    I haven't had much luck fixing the crashes on iPad mini with the 1.4.0 update.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just like any other memory intensive game make sure there are no apps running in background and it can't hurt to reset your device before playing. Didn't have too much of a problem with crashing on my mini before the update and haven't been able to put much time into it since updating. Hopefully I can put some time into it this weekend and report back.

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #1449 Edmilan, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Recently restored my device since i was having random reboots. I was playing a game with marker1c when i tried reentering the game, it told me that i was using a dufferent device. So after a few more attempts, i decided to surrender that game and make a new one. It automatically said that i lost. What gives? I made another game again. Hope it works this time

Edit: Now am having "connection failed" issues

10. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Is there still an overheating problem on the 5s?

Also, how do you play multiplayer? I've tried a few times now and theres never any games.

11. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Been playing all morning with no problem on mini. Made sure no apps were running in background and reset device before playing. Put about 2-3 hours into it and not one hiccup. Don't know if they squashed it all together but seems fine.

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Over heating? On the 5S? And i was planning to get one this november

13. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Can anyone tell me how well this runs on an iPod 5g? I would be very grateful.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I see then. You have to close all and reset device before playing so that memory is completely freed up. I guess they're pushing the iDeviced to the limits...

15. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Played last night without resetting my device. All other apps were closed. Played for about an hour and a half and it crashed once. Not too big of a deal but I definitely see a difference between resetting and not resetting.

16. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Does this have Cloud Saves? Planning on a Retina Mini, may be worth getting if I can switch back and forth with my iP5. Thanks!

17. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    Yes it does.

18. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Wish there was an option to just NOT play the intro and movie and get right into the menu. Having the intro and waiting for a chance to skip the movie is kinda annoying personally

19. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    For those contemplating buying the iPad Air, I can report that the loading times in this gear game have dramatically improved on an iPad Air.

It's possible to skip the intro movie immediately and the sequence between missions where we wait for mission objectives while traveling to crash sites is more than cut in half.

If the developers is willing, I think they might be able to add the missing weather and fog effects on the Air that is available on PC and Xbox.

20. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    It loads on Ipad 4 also almost instantly, at least that's my experience.
    Try police station map with all your squad condensed close, deploy couple of smoke grenades and if FPS in aiming mode is still normal on Air, then yes , graphic could be enhanced a bit .Mothership maps with a lot of fire and forcefield effects also dropped FPS count down fast.