Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I am genuinely excited about being able to play this multiplayer. I imagine you are going to kick the hell outta me though! :D

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Hellz yeah! But with a record of more losses than wins, i dunno lol

3. kataclank

kataclank Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Madrid
    I do not know like the game count your victories, because sometimes I win and do not add to my stats.

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I wish I'd picked this up when it was on sale, I think I'm missing out on a great game.

5. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Still can't play it, hope devs update it soon

6. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    You are, I was on the edge about this for a while (never played other PC/console versions) but when it went on sale I just decided to grab it and if I knew just how good it was I would of paid full price ages ago. Such a great game with tons of content.

7. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Gg aventador, though I'll admit I have no idea how you managed to field a sectoid, sectoid commander and 2 x soldiers into a 10000 point limit!!

8. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #1408 Aventador, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    It's all under point limit of 10 000 , just need to be a bit creative ;)
    This is my second favorite squad ; I modified it a bit from original build ( which has one more sectoid ), but definitely didn't expect to face commando in angel armor and a Thinman.
    Think I'll call it a day though , last 2 ranked matches were with players in top 20 alongside with your crazy and effective squad battle and I just got auto - matched with guy who is second on the leaderboard ( 40 wins :eek:, I'm going to loose hard lol )

9. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Is there some magic to getting the iCloud saves to work? On my phone I have done a save to iCloud,but it's not appearing on the iPad (Resume game is greyed out). Both are linked to the same iCloud account and GameCenter account.

10. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Have had two crashes on my iPad 4. Both when trying to do a second mission in one play through. The first crashed during the briefing, the second during the mission itself after someone died.

I'm running ios 7, I do a reset everytime before I play, and I had no other apps running.

11. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #1411 Aventador, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    I sent support ticket to 2K Games.Game didn't synchronize around 12 wins from ranked matches with Game Center and now it looks like every second match isn't properly synchronized.
    There is so many bugs in multiplayer that it's not even funny anymore; from soldiers floating in mid air ( had one guy stuck between walls on bar map ) , to people breaking windows when standing near them before shooting even if enemy is in completely opposite direction of windows ( and thus revealing position as opponent can hear that ). There are even some worse stuff : not being able to move soldier who is near elevation ( doesn't show movement range at all, just circle and you can't do anything ), hand interaction on door from your unit showing even on opponents turn and some others that could be even considered exploits.

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    The assault on the main ship, the avenger mission. There is just like everything dark so nothing to see, is it suppose to be so?

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Go to "load game" and there, at the bottom, you can see an option saying "sync iCloud" (or something like that). The problem is you have to go through "load game" to do the sync.

14. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Thanks VirtualBoyFreak. I, apparently mistakenly, assumed the Resume game button would enable if it detected an iCloud save. Having to start a new single player game to get to the Load Game item was more than I was expecting to do.

15. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is this game janky at all on PC? I'm finding it a bit janky on my iPad 4. A few crashes thus far, occasionally stuttery graphics display with enemy movement, sometimes stuttery camera movement, generally sometimes you feel like the device is struggling to display everything.

I understand (and enjoy) that this is a wonderfully deep game. But I don't understand why the combat scenarios are so resource intensive.

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just played a game with Ronin who packed a super soldier and a sectoid. I played my 4th turn i think then he played his turn and when my turn came up, it just said i lost but my soldier was still standing.
    The soldier in the screen is my soldier with a mind merge of my sectoid. I also had another hiding away
    And gg to markerc1 who killed 5/6 of my squad with 1 shot. Veeerrry niice!

Attached Files:

17. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #1417 Aventador, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    Be warned that many high ranking players started using super soldier + scout squad.If you're playing against people who are high on leaderboard and their squad score is 9950, up or in most cases rounded up to 10 000 they are most likely using this squad, or 2 super-commandos.
    Super soldier squad in most cases uses psi sniper/ soldier in archangel armor ( with plasma sniper / light plasma rifle ) and sectoid ( scouting )/ Thinman ( scouting and poisoning ).Once you taken out their scout they are badly crippled if they use sniper.Supersoldier usually has mind shield equipped so psi attacks are useless.Best counter to this is soldiers with LPR and just flank and owerwhelm him until he has nowhere to run and eventually he will have to reload and waste a turn on nothing.

I played 2 matches agains hybrid3473 (1st ranked ) yesterday, one lost because he stormed me from direction I didn't expect ( trainyard map, I spread my troops thin , it was rather embarrassing ) and other one won against his Supersoldier in archangel armor + sectoid combination.MsKalinum also used Supersoldier + Thinman in our match.

On the other note, I really thought you would win in our last match Edmilan, my full alien squad wasn't supposed to be that effective ;)
    Oh, and friendly advice to all : never use cyberdisc in ranked matches and NEVER EVER use sectoid mind merge ability.

18. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Its a lucky shot hahaha nice game

19. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Still awesome lookin though. Any more players of this amazin game? Drop me an invite on Game center: Edsmilan
    let's get it on! Always willin to play

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Cant Play :(

The game is always crashing.