Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Woke up super late this morning ( on vaca from work).I just read 12
    thread pages,that was exhausting.Im very excited about this release.Imo 20 dollars isn't that serious for this premium gaming experience.This very well could be a/the defining moment in iOS gaming.

I'm all for it :D

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... i cant find it. I'll check again.

3. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    Insta buy,but i must wait for tomorrow.For now i have 10 $ on my account:mad:

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #124 WCFields, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    I have to delete bastion, dungeon hunter 4 & blitz brigade: online multiplayer for this, but it looks like it's worth it. Looking forward to playing it.

5. CosmosMan

CosmosMan Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Researcher/Teacher/Scientist
    Canada
    So it looks like the iPad 3and 4 versions both run retina, but the iPad 3 has a bit of a slower framerate at times, not bad.

Why couldn't they do an international launch god damnit!

6. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    >Delete Bastion

>Bastion

I will shed a tear for you, my friend.

7. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    my 64GB iPad Mini is full of games, and I have no idea what to delete! I truly want to play XCOM on my iPad, and I have the money ready for it, but looks like I have to wait until I finish some of my games and delete them, or Apple releases a 128GB iPad Mini very soon! :p

8. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    dino ipad...

so i ran through at least 10 pages of this thread and no comment on how it runs on a iPad2...anyone in my boat?

also torn with if I should keep it on my IP5 instead? cheers guys...happy alien hunting..

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Buy another iPad. You know it is the only way...

iPadisGreat

10. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    In the app description on page it mentioned the 4th gen ipod touch as one of the devises it should run on

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Always go with the developer's recommendation over the AppStore requirements. Unfortunately they can only restrict devices by OS, if they have a camera, etc

12. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    This game seems like Frozen Synapse where it's too frustratingly complicated and deep to actually enjoy. Pass.

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks, I'll download it again in the future

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've played some of the Xbox game and I would disagree with this completely. The game is easy to grasp and walks you through stuff nicely. I think you won't have any problems understanding and enjoying the game.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My one and only concern is how it plays on iPad 2. If it plays Ok the money will be spent. Surely somebody here has tried it on iPad 2? How does it play?

16. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    I agree 100%

I feel the same way! I have professional responsibilities and a wife and two kids. I have a wii a Xbox a PS3 and a top of the line 55 inch HD TV. And I hardly use it. Because I am either busy or my kids are watching it or playing a game. Mobile gaming is my go to. It was my iPhone and I just a week ago bought a iPad Minni so I could play KOTOR. I could have gotten a iPad retina but just liked the iPad Minni feel in my hands much better. The large iPad felt like it would give me carpal tunnel. I love my Minni.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Mini performance is the same as the iPad 2, right? So anyone with a mini who's tried this game can chime in too. :)

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I recently deleted DH4 myself. To be honest, the only reason it's been on my iPad this long was because I put so much time into it and didn't want to lose my save. But when it comes down to it, it was just a pretty grindfest. I almost feel relieved that its gone.

Bastion is a gem though. No way I'm taking that off... and luckily I don't have to. I opted for the 64gb so I wouldn't need to make these tough choices. It will be fun for you to replay from scratch though.

19. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Active Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Seconding requests for how it performs on iPad 2! I hope its playable! I'm ready to buy!

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Anyway I would like to mention this..We all know some maps were taken off..

BUT what we don't know is how many?No official announcement yet right?Unless someone here could provide a statement from jake or firaxis..So the assumption of a big chunk of gameplay is taken out is purely a speculation and maybe a prediction at this moment..As far as we know it could be a little..

So it's safe to say we don't know everything yet..