Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Enemy Within will be DLC and quoted from Kotaku "There are currently no plans to bring Enemy Within to iOS, despite the recent release of Enemy Unknown on Apple devices"
    Don't mind that, I want multiplayer and customization options first :)

2. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Oh well,i really hope they bring it to IOS as well :(

Otherwise i have to buy the commander edition for my 360...but maybe that's their plan.And a month after release they announce it for iOS anyway...:mad:

3. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    &^%%$

Hopefully that changes. I love X:EU but don't have time to play it on Xbox...so the iOS version was perfect for me.

4. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I have iCloud saves enabled. I'd like to remove this game for size. Is there a way to restore your game save at a later date? I know you could do a phone restore but that will overwrite other game progress. Any ideas? Can you just restore a game save via iCloud ?

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It's worth mentioning that the Enemy Within content is not even done yet. It doesn't make sense to even think about iOS when they still need to work out PC and then consoles.

iOS needs special consideration because more content means a bigger file size than the 3.2 GB it already weighs in at with a key to unlock or having an additional in game content download. Then you have to deal with an underpowered system compared to those other ones and figuring out how to modify the new content to run.

No one here should think "No plans" means "No." They can only focus on so many things at once and need to prioritize.

That being said... I really want to start playing with the new MEC and mutations. I'd also like to see the new second wave enhancement against save scumming

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I hope they bring Enemy within to IOS soon. Still, where's our multiplayer?

7. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    This game has been incredibly ####ing frustrating. I loved it on the PC, but didn't have the availability to sit down at a desk all the time, so I thought the iOS version would be great.

The camera is ####ing terrible, though. It's a constant struggle to get the camera to pan over the map since it moves so slowly and the touch command to rotate the camera has NEVER worked.

For these reasons, I can't even get myself to finish the tutorial mission. Playing this game is like walking through a pool of wet mud. I'm on an iPhone 5 that's fully updated and well taken care of.

Am I really the only one who has experienced these issues? I don't understand how this game got so much praise with issues like this.

8. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    No problems here.

9. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Are you on an iPhone 5?

I uninstalled and am in the middle of downloading it again. I loved it on PC, and I WANT to love it on ios, but I just don't know what to do with problems like these.

10. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    works great on my iphone 5

11. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Well, this is just getting even more frustrating. Just re-installed, playing through tutorial mission again.Sliding the camera doesn't feel AS terrible as it did before, but still not good. The camera seems to move much more slowly when zoomed out versus when you're zoomed in. Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that the camera doesn't "slide" across the screen like I thought. I feel like most games with a camera I this situation make it so that the camera is a little loose, meaning that you can do a quick swipe and "toss" the camera to the other side of the map, so that it continues to move but slowly comes to a halt after you finger stops moving. Here, it seems the camera will ONLY move when your finger is touching the screen, and feels waaaay more stiff. I'm constantly dragging my finger across the screen just to get to an object that's not even all the way across the map.

And I still can't rotate the camera. I can't tell if the ability is just disabled during the tutorial or if this is an on-going problem.

12. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Holy shit. It was the tutorial. The moment the tutorial decides (at the end) to inform you that you can move the camera by moving your finger on the screen, the camera movement suddenly improves drastically. The camera rotation is also disabled until, once again, you are told about it at the END of the tutorial.

I'm glad the problem is a shitty tutorial and not a shitty game, but God that was frustrating.

In all fairness, most people who have played the game before would probably skip the tutorial and therefore wouldn't feel the frustration of a tutorial disabling BASIC mechanics like camera positioning, and any newcomer would likely just follow what the tutorial says and wouldn't think of these things until after the fact.

Still, it seems like strange logic to introduce the most basic principles of your game at the end of a tutorial. And I have no idea why the camera went from moving incredibly sluggishly to super responsive. The only possible explanation I can think of is that the devs really, really felt the need to discourage players from doing anything but what the tutorial says to, when it says to. Even then, it feels like going a bit too far when your tutorial level is literally a corridor, with yellow arrows showing the only tiles you can move to.

13. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    $#!+ cassic ironman is hard, just lost again on my 7th try but it still is fun though.

14. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Heads up: XCOM with a couple of DLC packs for PC is now on sale at Amazon (Steam code) for $10!

15. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Any word on whether or not Enemy Within is coming to iOS?

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Any word on multiplayer?

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Anyone tested this on iOS7?

18. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member