Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Okay everything I complained about towards the controls has been magically fixed, it's buttery smooth now. I also love that they figured out how to blend the high res fmv's with the gameplay seamlessly. Play the tutorial and you'll notice there isn't a lame looking pile of intestines on the first corpse, and also dynamic shadows/lighting on the grenade mind controlled soldier. It looked really ridiculous before lol.

Now all we need is soldier color customizations and its a wrap.

2. krispydp

krispydp Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Anyone running on an ipad 2? How does it run after the update?

3. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #1183 JagerBombS, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Can't get iCloud to sync between my ipad and iPhone post update. Oh well, guess ill have to have multiple games going. Amazing update otherwise.

Edit: just started working after like 10 attempts! Best day ever!

4. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Better, but not crash-free yet.

5. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    That was dlc on pc version so it could be as in app purchase. I think it was five bucks on pc.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'd pay for it, if it was released.

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Speaking of multiplayer, i hope we get it soon! My palms are itching

8. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    There will be no iAPs on this game even for DLCs...It was announced that every update and additional content is going to be free..

That's why this version deserved a lot of support...

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    One hell of an update I need to delete 3 games before I able to sync the updates... Lol

10. Mohaawk

Mohaawk Member

Jun 20, 2013
    just bought this and really like it. anyone tell me their favourite squad builds? :)

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Sniper/s with squadsight and double tap plus assault or support as spotters. On another note, just lost again on ironman classic on the 2nd month. I hate those sharpshooting thin men and chryssalids

12. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Is there an xcom demo on ps3 or 360? Game looks intrigueing but I'd like to try it before laying out the $15. I'm usually not a big strategy game guy but this looks good.

How does it run on iPad 3?

Thx

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On the iPad 3 it isn't crash free yet either. In fact, crashing seems to happen more or less with the same frequency (yeah, I hard reset the iPad already). Anyway, I still chose to disable soldiers voices, which helps an awful lot reducing crashes from happening. If crashing is still an issue for anyone, try disabling the voices in the options menu and let us know if it helps on different devices.

14. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    No problems with iPad3 so far. Great game!

15. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I've had one crash since I bought the game, before the update -out of 50-odd hours play-time. Not too shabby!

16. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I also can't download the update because I don't have space. And I can't go into the game to make sure I've cloud synced because it is stuck in the waiting to download position. Great! Haha. I'm right in the middle of a tough mission and doing very good.

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Don't you just hold the app icon and it cancels the download?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'll try to set my iPad language to English and see if that's the problem (set to Spanish atm). It's weird that people don't seem to have problems after the update but mine seems to crash as frequently as before. I have hard reset the iPad, have the latest iOS, it has 1.9GB free and it's non-JB, so there shouldn't be any problems, aside from not being connected to the Internet because it's WiFi only and I don't have atm.

I remember an N-Gage game (System Rush) which had graphical errors and glitches in the last track if the language was set to non-English. They were so severe that you couldn't finish the game. Hopefully this will be the case (and devs can fix it, of course...)

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Oh no! I ended up deleting x-com instead of updating it since I didn't have enough space on my iPad for the update... Oops! Lost my iCloud save file.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    No, you don't lose it. Just begin a new game in the same slot. When you get the first chance of entering the menu, go to "load game" and click on "update iCloud". Your savegame will be there. Mine was and I got as worried as you ;)