Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin

Thanks for the tip,i'll give it a try.Although it crashes often on the way to a mission or at the end of one.Usually everybody is quiet then^^

@Allister

played a lot of Turnbased strategy as well in the last months (Battle Academy,Bulge,WH Quest etc.),actually it's my favorite genre now.Fits perfect on a touchscreen and i was always a big chess fan.

But i had to get used to the game mechanics first and what to reasearch first etc.Guess i'm quite late in the game (recently researched the nuke)and things are more enjoyable now.There's hope i can save at least half of the world :)

Looking forward to the classic game mode next time.I really like the aspect of"relationship"between me and my soldiers,lol.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm sure the crashes are due to excessive things loaded onto memory. I guess that with voices disabled it doesn't load them onto memory, freeing up some RAM space which is crucial and crashing less frequently.

The crashes happen the same way to me too. I think that they try to have too many things in memory at the same time, and it makes the game crash. One example is the soldiers from the mission briefing (where you choose their weapons and equipment). On the iPhone 4s they load them while you're getting to that screen, while on the iPad they're already loaded onto memory before you get to that room. The proof is you can see an empty room and the soldiers suddenly appering on the iPhone 4s, while on the iPad 3 the soldiers are already there when the camera gets to the room. I'd rather have more gfx pop-ups and less crashes... I hope it gets fixed in future updates, because I love the game.

3. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer

After more than a month since XCOM came out, i think too it's time for an update.
    Especially for multiplayer.

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I just realized that my iPhone 5 and iPad iCloud save file wont work on my flight tomorrow! Any way to make iCloud save file a regular file and change it back to iCloud file after my flight?

5. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Yeah, load the iCloud save and then save the game to any other file. Then just save back to iCloud.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    ICloud save file is a regular file. I always use that slot on my iPad, and I'm mostly always offline. It works as an offlinr savegame, and as soon as you go online, the file will sync. What you have to do is choose wisely which device to play on during your flight, and use only that device until you get it online again.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I love Xcom and play it all the time on my Mac, but I just can't find the same fluidity playing on my iPhone 5. The gameplay is great, however it's the map scrolling that is such a headache. The scroll when you drag to survey ends of a map is so painful, and elevation/360 degree map turning is a pain in the ass. I do miss the lighting and sharp effects, but that I can live without if map control worked smoother.

One thing that is hard to live without is being able to customize your unit colors. Hopefully that gets released in either an update or IAP patch.

8. ceszar

ceszar New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Lose my IPA

Hello guys.
    I bought the XCOM 1 month ago, I live in Brazil and had to use my U.S. account (and a giftcard) for this.
    It turns out that my account was canceled (I do not know why) and I ended up losing my game (had not backed up on the computer)
    I wonder if any of you can make a game NOT upload cracked, so I can still put it on my iPhone.
    I appreciate the help.

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It won't work. Your iPhone needs to have downloaded the file from the account, or authorized it from the PC. Otherwise, it won't work.

10. ceszar

ceszar New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Oh... =/ So bad...
    Tnx anyway.

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Contact iTunes support. If you legitimately purchased it, there should be no issues unless you've been in with doing shady stuff.

I have a US/Canadian/Japan and New Zealand account all open, never an issue.

12. toyswill

toyswill New Member

Aug 1, 2013
    manager
    los angeles
    very good game

very simulated game,support for 100%, deserve to play !

13. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
  14. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Civilization V for iOS or go home.

15. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I was hoping the sale would be 9.99.15 dollars is too much IMO for a game that's prone to crashing on a ipad mini

16. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    $15 is actually a steal for a game such as this, although the original price tag of 19.99 was already a steal at that time. Fixes will come with updates, and so will multiplayer. C'mon multiplayer!!!!

17. Denzalo

Denzalo Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I was also hoping for $10. $15 is hard to choke down... Already have this on PC and PS3... I'll be patient.

18. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    this game is so laggy on ipod touch 5 :(

19. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    #1139 yaboyrasp, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    If Im going to pay 14.99 I expect my game to work perfectly...waiting for updates is not acceptable excuse for a buggy laggy game that's prone to crashing. How long has this game been out....so they are putting out sales but not fixing it? Seems like they are only worried bout their money and not the consumers. If I have to wait for updates they can wait for my money

20. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    Having paid $20 at launch, I'm not happy about a sale this soon at all. Glad it is only $15 and not $10.

If they dropped it to $10 this quick it would really hurt the sale of their next $20 game. For a 50% discount, I could play something else for a month or two. A drop like that would be a bad precedent.