Universal XCOM®: Enemy Unknown - (by 2K Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LILILIP

LILILIP Member

Jun 9, 2013
    When will the multi player be added ? ¿ Or it was a lie from the devs ;/

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Finally finished the game! Amazing experience. The final battle was hectic. SPOILER: easy way of beating the final boss explained.
    On my first approach I entered the ship's command centre with my 6 soldiers and... what a disaster! The two mind-controlling aliens and the boss destroyed my 6-soldier army in two turns! My second approach was wiser: I entered the room with a soldier wearing a ghost armour and set the rest of the soldiers outside covered and waiting. This activated the alien movements towards me. I then got the soldier out of the command centre and set him to wait outside too for the big boss alien to come. After 3-4 turns he got to the door of the command centre and controlled one of my soldiers, but with the other five soldiers waiting, I killed him with all the reaction shots and the moves for one turn. It might be a coward way of winning the game, but it surely worked :D

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    C'mon online multiplayer!

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    So, I am supposed to assault the alien base. Is that the last battle or there is more?

5. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I just finished the game on normal mode.
    Loved the game although i can agree that people call it dumbed down if compared to the original xcom but I loved it.

Just started on classic difficulty now that is a whole new game my rookies are getting slaughtered :)

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The Alien command starship is the last mission. You have to assault it and get to the central command control, where the bstrd mind-controlling alien boss is. At least on easy level that was the final level.

7. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Oh ok thanks. I will wait then till my soldiers are strong:p

8. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Hope they also give the option for armor colors and possibly helmets

9. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    This would be nice, but for me the killer thing that totally separates the pc/console versions from the ios one is Second Wave options, just the chance of having my rookies "born" with different stats makes a world of difference to me, its a great feeling when you have 2 or 3 "stars" whose stats are better than the rest to be your heroes and losing them becomes much more dramatic. Its much better than having every soldier in the same class having the same stats.

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I had one start out with something like 30 will 80 aim, it was so sad - she panicked far too much to be useful, what a waste of all that aim. Some Floaters put her out of her misery.

11. NeilN

NeilN Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    What the hell happened?

Spoilers for the final battle:

Hover SHIV destroyed, sniper dead, Psi-heavy bleeding out. Two mind-control Ethereals left (one at full health) along with two Elite Mutons. Psi-soldier takes desperate shot at wounded Ethereal (30%) and... kills it causing it to blow up and take the other Ethereal and Mutons with it. Anticlimactic victory cutscene comes up. Wish I could play that final shot back in slow motion to see exactly what the hell happened.

12. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Only early into it (done about 6 or 7 missions. Already lost a country through lack of satellite observation. Therein lies my problem. I seem to need uplinks to launch the satellites and I need 10 engineers for an uplink. Cannot work out how to get more engineers. I only have 7.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    When you have a choice of missions, look at the rewards that each of them offer. Usually one of the missions will give you a group of engineers as a reward. This should get you up and running with building your satellite uplinks.

14. Fakingmysuicide

Fakingmysuicide Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Anybody have word on an update? Dying to play some multiplayer, also do you think second wave options will ever be added?

15. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    What's second wave option?
    Anyway, I am still early in the game. By the time I am done with the campaign, MP should be available:)

16. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This is:

17. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah we need multiplayer ASAP! Even an asynchronous one would actually work, like that in Worms 2: Armageddon. Re 2nd wave, when/if they add it, i hope conpleting classic mode will also unlock those associated with normal mode, same with impossible mode

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I hope it's as full as the pc version. Being able to play as the aliens or a mix alien and human would be amazing.

19. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Wow, thanks for the info!

20. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Does anyone know how well this game runs on iphone 5? Also, does it massively drain the phone's battery?